Author Topic: Spring Break Weather - Southern California?  (Read 3321 times)

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
Spring Break Weather - Southern California?
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:52:07 AM »
April 1-6 family and I are staying in Oxnard, Cali. Staying in Oxnard because we are minutes from the beaches and only about an hour from Six Flags Magic Mountain. I assumed the weather would be decent. I guess in my head I've been thinking 75-80, but I just checked the weather and it is 60 today, and according to the forecast, will stay near that temp though the end of March. Anybody in Cali, near Oxnard, that can tell me what the weather is like? What I mean is, is it a "warm" or a "cold" 65 degrees there? Never been to Cali so I have no idea. My son only cares about Six Flags but wife wants the beach. Now I am worried we won't be able to enjoy it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: spring break weather cali
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »
Was in Northern California recently with 65 degree temp. I think with the ocean breeze it wouldn't be enjoyable unless she is wearing long pants and a top. As far as your boy and Six Flags, should be perfect weather for it.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:20:57 PM »
it's definitely not beach weather at the moment but there have been a few days in the past couple of weeks where it's been warm enough to run on the beach with your top off.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »
What rotten luck.  Definitely check out the Oxnard Flamingo Repatriation Reserve.  It's geothermal.  The birds gather around the vents for heat and you can go right up to them.  Occasionally one will steam itself excessively and topple over, which could be disturbing for younger children or sensitive women, but the park's infrastructure is state of the art.  Our mantelpiece still boasts the photograph of us all in pink suits standing on one leg.  I wouldn't trade our time in Oxnard for anything.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »
April 1-6 family and I are staying in Oxnard, Cali. Staying in Oxnard because we are minutes from the beaches and only about an hour from Six Flags Magic Mountain. I assumed the weather would be decent. I guess in my head I've been thinking 75-80, but I just checked the weather and it is 60 today, and according to the forecast, will stay near that temp though the end of March. Anybody in Cali, near Oxnard, that can tell me what the weather is like? What I mean is, is it a "warm" or a "cold" 65 degrees there? Never been to Cali so I have no idea. My son only cares about Six Flags but wife wants the beach. Now I am worried we won't be able to enjoy it.

Right now it sucks but 2 weeks from now it may be hot. Keep checking
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 07:19:45 PM »

sneakers
shorts
t shirt
hooded jacket/warm up jacket
sunscreen

have fun

make sure your pockets are tight/ Cell phones, keys wallets, its a pain the ass when you go upside down etc with stuff in your pockets

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
Macadamias.  Flamingos love macadamias.  I accidentally dropped a nut down the hole and one of them jumped in after it.

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 10:48:01 PM »
Thanks guys. What are the chances it will be warm enough to swim in the ocean?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 12:57:50 AM »

Visit Port Douglas or any other place in tropical Queensland  8) 8) 8)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »

zero. The water is cold this time of year. and there is no 85 deg temp to help when you come out

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:29 AM »

Lol. You buying family wetsuits? Dip your toes and gtfo. Head to an aquarium if you're interested in local wildlife.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Spring Break Weather - Southern California?
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 08:45:58 PM »

It is usually cool by the waters, Oxnard included.     Six Flags is in Santa Clarita, about an hour plus away, and get there early, as it will get busy and the rides can take a long time to wait in.     Oxnard is about 30 minutes from Santa Barbara, which has a cool small zoo, nice harbor pier, you can go on a boat for an hour there to look around.  The awesome beaches of Malibu is about 40 minutes the other way, including Leo Carrillo Beach, which I like a lot to hike around.

The water at the beaches are cold. Under 60 if I am correct.  But unless it rains, it should be between 60 to 75 degrees. Sometimes will get hotter to where I am inland, but not like that at the beach. 

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »
Friends, I changed our plans and decided to stay in valencia, 5 minutes from the six flags. We've already been twice and today we want to go to the beach. Already went to santa Monica beach and didn't like all the craziness there. Where can I go within about an hour of Valencia? I just want to lay on the sand and take a quick dip in the ocean without all of the boardwalk amusement shit and tons of foreiners.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »
Friends, I changed our plans and decided to stay in valencia, 5 minutes from the six flags. We've already been twice and today we want to go to the beach. Already went to santa Monica beach and didn't like all the craziness there. Where can I go within about an hour of Valencia? I just want to lay on the sand and take a quick dip in the ocean without all of the boardwalk amusement shit and tons of foreiners.

Malibu
:

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:43 AM »
Anyone know anything about Palm Springs? East coast NJ guy here. My wife's sister has some kind of  time share in a resort. The pictures look amazing but who knows what the reality is? It's the Marriot in Desert Springs in a villa, what ever that means? Going in June but I'm hesitating.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 09:30:11 AM »
Anyone know anything about Palm Springs? East coast NJ guy here. My wife's sister has some kind of  time share in a resort. The pictures look amazing but who knows what the reality is? It's the Marriot in Desert Springs in a villa, what ever that means? Going in June but I'm hesitating.

Yes, very nice although it will be hotter than Hades in June.
:

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »
Yes, very nice although it will be hotter than Hades in June.

I like the heat. Cuban and Puerto Rican heritage here. Anything to do there?  The place seems to have a really nice gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Any main street in town to walk around in that area? I have no bias toward gays but isn't this a big gay resort area?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »
I like the heat. Cuban and Puerto Rican heritage here. Anything to do there?  The place seems to have a really nice gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Any main street in town to walk around in that area? I have no bias toward gays but isn't this a big gay resort area?

Lots of golf.  High end & vintage shopping.  The Palm Springs Ariel Tramway is supposed to be awesome https://www.pstramway.com/
Don't know about the ghey thing.  Lots of blue hairs and hoidy toidy.
:

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »

Hotter than a willing whore at closing time.
Tons of touristy shit to do.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
Went to ventura harbor beach. It was great. Only about ten people there and the ocean had incredible waves. The water was cold but we all swam anyway and had a blast. As bad as california is made out to be, we all loved our time here. The weather and scenery are both perfect.

On a side note, the lobby of our hotel has cnn playing 24-7. I am not exaggerating when I say that every time except for once or twice that I've passed through it, and I've been through 50 times, stormy daniels is the topic of conversation.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 08:23:01 PM »
Went to ventura harbor beach. It was great. Only about ten people there and the ocean had incredible waves. The water was cold but we all swam anyway and had a blast. As bad as california is made out to be, we all loved our time here. The weather and scenery are both perfect.

On a side note, the lobby of our hotel has cnn playing 24-7. I am not exaggerating when I say that every time except for once or twice that I've passed through it, and I've been through 50 times, stormy daniels is the topic of conversation.

I'm so glad you and your wife and son had a great time

ZeroPatience

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »
And my son's friend. Thanks Agnostic.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »
And my son's friend. Thanks Agnostic.

not a problem.  :)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 11:58:45 PM »

Very hot, decent restaurants, great place to shop and lay out by the pool..that's about it. I wouldn't waste a plane ticket out here IMO you want a vacation without leaving the country do it right go to south beach or Hawaii.

l

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 04:36:13 AM »
pics of 18 yo fine assed hoes in bikinis
A