Author Topic: Which'll be WrestleMania's MAIN EVENT? Lesnar vs. Reigns or Styles vs. Nakamura?  (Read 6588 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The usual formula is that Raw's world title match is the main event. That, of course, means the Universal title match between Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. The AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura match is supposedly the dream match for all the indy/Japan marks.

Lesnar and Reigns have unfinished business from WM31. So this match is three years in the making. But, if the rumors are true, Lesnar is going to do the "time-honored tradition", lose his belt to Reigns, and head off to UFC again.

For that reason (plus the Royal Rumble angle), the WWE world title match should be the last one. But, with WWE and their investment on the two big men, who knows?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
The usual formula is that Raw's world title match is the main event. That, of course, means the Universal title match between Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. The AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura match is supposedly the dream match for all the indy/Japan marks.

Lesnar and Reigns have unfinished business from WM31. So this match is three years in the making. But, if the rumors are true, Lesnar is going to do the "time-honored tradition", lose his belt to Reigns, and head off to UFC again.

For that reason (plus the Royal Rumble angle), the WWE world title match should be the last one. But, with WWE and their investment on the two big men, who knows?
Cena and Undertaker (we are still assuming it will be Undertaker who faces him) should go on last. The titles mean absolutely nothing now and have been devalued. Just like WM18, Hogan and Rock should have gone on last, not HHH and Jericho.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Cena and Undertaker (we are still assuming it will be Undertaker who faces him) should go on last. The titles mean absolutely nothing now and have been devalued. Just like WM18, Hogan and Rock should have gone on last, not HHH and Jericho.

Yes...

It's been like that for a long time, now.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I agree with the WM18 thing. But, the problem was the Royal Rumble angle. The Rumble winner main-events WrestleMania in a world title match. You may recall I had a thread years ago, asking if WWF/WWE should scrap that angle which has existed for 25 years.

As for Cena vs. Undertaker, there's no point. There's no belt, no streak, no anything.....unless (as I suggested on a separate thread) Cena puts his career on the line. But, even that isn't a main-event match to me.

Using the Rumble angle, the WWE title match should be the main event, especially given its participants. But, Vince McMahon loves the big men and they're both on RAW. So, were I a betting man, I'd say the last match is Lesnar vs. Reigns with the red belt on the line.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
All the matches that do not have a McMahon in them.

Of course, Shame - yes, I spelled it that way on purpose - is going to come back and have a match just so he can fall off something.   ::)

Realism is not a worry of this field anymore.  Like we are supposed to believe that someone that isn't a true wrestler has a chance against anyone from the locker room... jobbers included.  But yet... Super Shame will be there... hare lip and all.... to indulge in his need for attention at the expense of a full blown talent worker.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
All the matches that do not have a McMahon in them.

Of course, Shame - yes, I spelled it that way on purpose - is going to come back and have a match just so he can fall off something.   ::)

Realism is not a worry of this field anymore.  Like we are supposed to believe that someone that isn't a true wrestler has a chance against anyone from the locker room... jobbers included.  But yet... Super Shame will be there... hare lip and all.... to indulge in his need for attention at the expense of a full blown talent worker.

I don't mind Shane, the human crash-test dummy. In fact, his match with AJ Styles last year stole the show, complete with the customary "Shane-O-Mac, coast-to-coast" routine.

With Daniel Bryan now cleared to wrestle, he and Cena should lock up at 'Mania, instead of this desperate attempt to drag 'Taker back (especially after all that emotional mess we endured after he lost to Reigns).

Per the Rumble storyline, the main event should be Styles and Nakamura. But, I just know (or at least, feel) that WWE is going to put Raw's title front and center with Lesnar and Reigns....even with Lesnar reportedly doing the old THT.

Playboy

• Getbig V
I don't mind Shane, the human crash-test dummy. In fact, his match with AJ Styles last year stole the show, complete with the customary "Shane-O-Mac, coast-to-coast" routine.

With Daniel Bryan now cleared to wrestle, he and Cena should lock up at 'Mania, instead of this desperate attempt to drag 'Taker back (especially after all that emotional mess we endured after he lost to Reigns).

Per the Rumble storyline, the main event should be Styles and Nakamura. But, I just know (or at least, feel) that WWE is going to put Raw's title front and center with Lesnar and Reigns....even with Lesnar reportedly doing the old THT.

I love watching Shane wrestle. There was a documentary on some of the stars competing at last years WM and he was one of them. His wife and three kids along with his mother Linda were at ringside when he did that suicide dive off the cell. The look on Linda's face was priceless.
Can't wait to see Daniel Bryan wrestle. He took a massive beating on Smackdown last night from Owens and Sami cementing his in ring return. It will be interesting to see what they do with both Shane and Daniel at WM.

falco

• Getbig V
Since Brock can actually fight, why doesn't he does the MMA route?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

Because I am pretty sure the laid back part time schedule of WWE is better for his body in the long and offers a lot of monetary rewards without the risk of someone actually breaking your bones with a lucky shot.

Playboy

• Getbig V
Because I am pretty sure the laid back part time schedule of WWE is better for his body in the long and offers a lot of monetary rewards without the risk of someone actually breaking your bones with a lucky shot.
Exactly - payoffs and yearly salary are way better.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

He's been there and done that. Remember he's a former UFC world heavyweight champion.

I love watching Shane wrestle. There was a documentary on some of the stars competing at last years WM and he was one of them. His wife and three kids along with his mother Linda were at ringside when he did that suicide dive off the cell. The look on Linda's face was priceless.
Can't wait to see Daniel Bryan wrestle. He took a massive beating on Smackdown last night from Owens and Sami cementing his in ring return. It will be interesting to see what they do with both Shane and Daniel at WM.

While that would be interesting, I'd rather see Bryan wrestle Cena at 'Mania, rather than this foolishness with trying to drag 'Taker out of retirement to face the Dr. of Thuganomics.

Back to the topic at hand, it seems that Nakamura and Styles are playing all nice with each other, relying on their old Japan feud to carry the day. Meanwhile, the volume keeps getting increased with Reigns and Lesnar. Lesnar beat a handcuffed Reigns silly on Raw. So you know, Reigns is coming for payback on the next episode.

That's why I suspect Lesnar and Reigns will be in the real main event, instead of the WWE world champion and the 2018 Royal Rumble winner.

Playboy

• Getbig V
He's been there and done that. Remember he's a former UFC world heavyweight champion.

While that would be interesting, I'd rather see Bryan wrestle Cena at 'Mania, rather than this foolishness with trying to drag 'Taker out of retirement to face the Dr. of Thuganomics.

Back to the topic at hand, it seems that Nakamura and Styles are playing all nice with each other, relying on their old Japan feud to carry the day. Meanwhile, the volume keeps getting increased with Reigns and Lesnar. Lesnar beat a handcuffed Reigns silly on Raw. So you know, Reigns is coming for payback on the next episode.

That's why I suspect Lesnar and Reigns will be in the real main event, instead of the WWE world champion and the 2018 Royal Rumble winner.
I was actually hopping for a Shane versus Danial Bryan match in a GM versus Commissioner type match. It would be pure crash up derby. Not sure what they are going to do now with the Sami vs Owens now...will they be added to the match? Lord knows we have enough three way matches taking place anyways.

You watch...I'm calling this out....Sasha Banks and Bayley will steal the show at WrestleMania. No, I'm not trying to be funny. Mark my word.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I was actually hopping for a Shane versus Danial Bryan match in a GM versus Commissioner type match. It would be pure crash up derby. Not sure what they are going to do now with the Sami vs Owens now...will they be added to the match? Lord knows we have enough three way matches taking place anyways.

You watch...I'm calling this out....Sasha Banks and Bayley will steal the show at WrestleMania. No, I'm not trying to be funny. Mark my word.

Aren't they both in the former Fabulous Moolah memorial battle royal?

Playboy

• Getbig V
Aren't they both in the former Fabulous Moolah memorial battle royal?
I could have sworn they have a match set up.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I could have sworn they have a match set up.

I really don't know. Of all the matches they've listed at 'Mania, that wasn't on it (the last time I saw it, anyway).

So, I just figured they're in the women's battle royal.

Playboy

• Getbig V
I really don't know. Of all the matches they've listed at 'Mania, that wasn't on it (the last time I saw it, anyway).

So, I just figured they're in the women's battle royal.
Just found out that indeed they both are in the women's battle royal...what a fucking waste...those two would have stole the entire show.