Author Topic: Religion Is Such Bullshit!!  (Read 19884 times)

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
Re: Religion Is Such Bullshit!!
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
Bump for God!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible. The Old Testament contains 929 chapters while the New Testament includes 260 and with that the people who made the bible or I should says the ones who wrote the bible didn't know each other they all wrote what they saw and what jesus taught them on their own journey with him. There was no agenda on there part when the writings  were  discovered and we pieced it together that's when it became the bible ...there were 40 writers of the bible most who followed jesus when he walked the earth most who didn't even know one another cant be fake

and this is your understanding of the origin of our current bible? Not really even close Dan

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »
It's possible to still read many of those books they excluded, they're called the Apocrypha.

I've read them, at least the ones available about 15 years ago. Interesting stories. I can see why they weren't included. In one manuscript, I forgot which, Jesus, as a little boy, withers the arm of another boy who bumps into him. His parents made him apologize and grow the arm back.   

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2018, 11:32:45 PM »
Jesus is the way

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2018, 08:28:48 AM »
Jesus cuts my grass.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2018, 09:21:57 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2018, 10:59:53 AM »
fixed

No, that was his brother Roberto.  He did the planting and sodding.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2018, 12:26:22 PM »
Religion should more appropriately be called faith..faith in something you cannot prove...all humans live with faith. For example, Bill Maher does hours of shows and even documentaries on how Religion is bullshit...but by him doing that he is showing his faith...his faith that he has some purpose exposing religion...he gets up early, stays up late..puts his little suit on...has writers...cue cards...all of it...BULLSHIT!!!!

Maher doesn't realize that television is there to sell soap commercials...his show WILL follow all the other comedy/talk shows...from the Honeymooners to I love Lucy to Seinfeld to Cosby to Donahue...made us laugh/think a little..sold a bunch of potato chips making a bunch of scummy entertainment people money..then no one gives a shit and show goes away...

We all have faith in something..even atheists have faith in intellect...viewing life analytically...but they are bullshit..ignoring the inevitable cultural and experiencial biases that make intellect just as subjective as religion...

Anyone calling religion bullshit...at least acknowledge what YOUR bullshit is..what do YOU have faith in?
Your job?

I love the shock of someone let go after 25 years...they are hurt and shocked the company they gave their life to could give a fuck and just wants money..Their lie was that after 25 years they "mattered" to the company...then after being fired they are broke and their wife leaves when the money dries up....He can't believe she broke his heart because he had faith in love...marriage...
Life partners...Caring employers....ITS ALL BULLSHIT!!!!

Just don't rip on anothers faith in bullshit while you believe in just as much bullshit.

Religion is just as valid a bullshit as any other lie we all tell ourselves.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »
Religion should more appropriately be called faith..faith in something you cannot prove...all humans live with faith. For example, Bill Maher does hours of shows and even documentaries on how Religion is bullshit...but by him doing that he is showing his faith...his faith that he has some purpose exposing religion...he gets up early, stays up late..puts his little suit on...has writers...cue cards...all of it...BULLSHIT!!!!

Maher doesn't realize that television is there to sell soap commercials...his show WILL follow all the other comedy/talk shows...from the Honeymooners to I love Lucy to Seinfeld to Cosby to Donahue...made us laugh/think a little..sold a bunch of potato chips making a bunch of scummy entertainment people money..then no one gives a shit and show goes away...

We all have faith in something..even atheists have faith in intellect...viewing life analytically...but they are bullshit..ignoring the inevitable cultural and experiencial biases that make intellect just as subjective as religion...

Anyone calling religion bullshit...at least acknowledge what YOUR bullshit is..what do YOU have faith in?
Your job?

I love the shock of someone let go after 25 years...they are hurt and shocked the company they gave their life to could give a fuck and just wants money..Their lie was that after 25 years they "mattered" to the company...then after being fired they are broke and their wife leaves when the money dries up....He can't believe she broke his heart because he had faith in love...marriage...

Just don't rip on anothers faith in bullshit while you believe in just as much bullshit.

we're\ are your parents cousins? that's gotta be the only explanation

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2018, 03:16:23 PM »

Your job?

Some Solid shit right here!!... ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »

Your job?

Disagree. My christian friends try to convince me that I have faith the lightbulb will come on when I flip the switch and that is the same as their faith in religion. What they confuse is faith with expected results based on prior experience. Because I have flipped the switch many times before I can have reasonable expectations that the light will come on. If I doesn't I then test the lightbulb and next the breaker. Whole different ballgame than faith in a supernatural being.   

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »
Disagree. My christian friends try to convince me that I have faith the lightbulb will come on when I flip the switch and that is the same as their faith in religion. What they confuse is faith with expected results based on prior experience. Because I have flipped the switch many times before I can have reasonable expectations that the light will come on. If I doesn't I then test the lightbulb and next the breaker. Whole different ballgame than faith in a supernatural being.   

Faith is belief WITHOUT reason and evidence...lightbulb analogy doesn't work...You are right..Totally different ballgame and your Christian friends are wrong that its faith waiting for light to come on....that's not faith....its logic...we agree....however there are  plenty of examples of faith in the logical world.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »
Jesus died for our sins

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »
Jesus died for our sins

He rose again so we could continue.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2018, 09:49:49 PM »
sexy beast is a troll

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »
I've read them, at least the ones available about 15 years ago. Interesting stories. I can see why they weren't included. In one manuscript, I forgot which, Jesus, as a little boy, withers the arm of another boy who bumps into him. His parents made him apologize and grow the arm back.   
[/youtube]

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2018, 10:21:11 PM »
God is good

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2018, 12:57:22 AM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2018, 01:09:15 AM »
Jesus died for us bitches

He also tapped Ms. Magdalene.  I'm guessing it was RNCNPO.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2018, 06:28:01 AM »

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2018, 06:30:33 AM »
God is love

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2018, 08:32:14 AM »
Faith is belief WITHOUT reason and evidence...lightbulb analogy doesn't work...You are right..Totally different ballgame and your Christian friends are wrong that its faith waiting for light to come on....that's not faith....its logic...we agree....however there are  plenty of examples of faith in the logical world.

examples such as?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2018, 09:16:09 AM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:40 AM »
Faith is belief WITHOUT reason and evidence...lightbulb analogy doesn't work...You are right..Totally different ballgame and your Christian friends are wrong that its faith waiting for light to come on....that's not faith....its logic...we agree....however there are  plenty of examples of faith in the logical world.

Yes. Same definition for this:

gullibility
noun / readiness to believe the claims of others without sufficient evidence