Author Topic: Systemic Infections in Bodybuilders?  (Read 2435 times)

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Systemic Infections in Bodybuilders?
« on: March 23, 2018, 12:21:10 AM »
What is the story on systemic infections? Seems unusual in the general population. The most advanced bodybuilder at gym where I train in hospital with systemic infection including spine. Didn’t that happen to Cormier way back? Baito from Iran? Others it seems. Is the gear mixed into this? How so? Based on what science/causes? Or could this happen to anyone at any age?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Systemic Infections in Bodybuilders?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:21:59 AM »
I thought Baito had vasculitis or something. Cormier was an infection in his spine I think...?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:40:13 AM »
What is the story on systemic infections? Seems unusual in the general population. The most advanced bodybuilder at gym where I train in hospital with systemic infection including spine. Didn’t that happen to Cormier way back? Baito from Iran? Others it seems. Is the gear mixed into this? How so? Based on what science/causes? Or could this happen to anyone at any age?

Using dirty needles and crap bought from streets of Mexico etc. places with extremely high hygienic standards will explain 98% of those..You see, if you need to inject shitload of gear multiple times per day/week/month what ever, you need shitload of needles and someone who has  small enough fingers to change them. Try to imagine a gorilla inserting needle to the syringe, and you get the picture.. ;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 05:35:05 AM »
Using dirty needles and crap bought from streets of Mexico etc. places with extremely high hygienic standards will explain 98% of those..You see, if you need to inject shitload of gear multiple times per day/week/month what ever, you need shitload of needles and someone who has  small enough fingers to change them. Try to imagine a gorilla inserting needle to the syringe, and you get the picture.. ;D

Si-fi trash talk  ::)

Hey Ropo, tell us something about invasion of Finland by hordes of dirty muslims.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 03:36:48 PM »
Inject counterfeit steroids made in China stirred in a dirty vat with a filthy shoe then wonder why you are suffering from mysterious infections.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »

Si-fi trash talk  ::)

Hey Ropo, tell us something about invasion of Finland by hordes of dirty muslims.

Ha Ha
Yes tell us & they sold out to the Germans in ww2  ::)

Clearly he’s not aware how needle & syringe fit together

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 03:50:07 PM »
Inject counterfeit steroids made in China stirred in a dirty vat with a filthy shoe then wonder why you are suffering from mysterious infections.

Beats training your whole life and looking like sh1t.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »

Exactly.

Every drug is different.  I think for health-conscious people who can skirt addition - this being a VERY difficult thing for even people as disciplined as Jean-Claude Van Damme - opioids are probably the least toxic substance.  Cocaine taken nasally probably wouldn't be nearly the issue it was if people could just keep it to once a week or once a month - aside from all the other impurities cut into cocaine as it passes hands down to the end user.

I could go on here - a friend of mine was "micro-dosing" MDMA by taking 1/3 of a normal sized serving, but doing it daily or every other day - as I understand it, that frequency of MDMA use would still disrupt neurological processes that should not be disrupted that frequently.

My point is, every drug is different, and things need to be considered that many ignore.  For example "Oh, he didn't die because of alcohol, he died because he drove drunk."

Well yeah...but would he have been in the state of mind to drive drunk had it not been for the alcohol?

Another example is elderly people tripping and falling, and dying as a result, after taking oxycodone.  You could argue that the oxycodone itself didn't kill the elderly person, but it sort of did.

How about car crashes as a result of smoking marijuana?  I suspect that they are under-reported.

Does anyone aspirate their gear anymore?  Are there many infections or deaths as a result of not doing so?  I don't hear about too many of them.

In 2004, on the Bryant Gumbel HBO documentary on steroid use, John Romano asked [regarding steroid-related deaths] "Where are the bodies?"

Well...now in 2018, we can produce a list of bodies.

Drug use and abuse is a difficult thing.  Like religion, it is one of the few views that I am not as sure about as I was when I was a naive 23-year-old libertarian.

I think having a dealer you can trust, following proper instructions regarding steroid use [or the use of any other drug], and listening to your own body are some of the most important things to consider.

Nasser El Sonbaty decided to stay over 300-lb for his entire life.  It most likely was a key factor in preventing him from making it to his 50th birthday.

For myself, there are very few drugs that I intend to do - maybe a wimpy steroid cycle for my 40th birthday, just to do it while I am still young enough to respond well to the cycle.  I will have a few drinks a year, some coffee, maybe a cigar or two or three each decade.  The only drug that I don't find concerning, from a toxicity perspective, would be opiates.  This really depends on whether or not a person has an addictive personality though.  I don't - but anyone can be tempted.

Dallas McCarver should have probably never done his first steroid cycle.  Antoine Vaillant should probably stop now.  After all, he is only turning 31 this year.  Why not put pro bodybuilding behind him, and live a quiet life in Quebec?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »
Exactly.

Every drug is different.  I think for health-conscious people who can skirt addition - this being a VERY difficult thing for even people as disciplined as Jean-Claude Van Damme - opioids are probably the least toxic substance.  Cocaine taken nasally probably wouldn't be nearly the issue it was if people could just keep it to once a week or once a month - aside from all the other impurities cut into cocaine as it passes hands down to the end user.

I could go on here - a friend of mine was "micro-dosing" MDMA by taking 1/3 of a normal sized serving, but doing it daily or every other day - as I understand it, that frequency of MDMA use would still disrupt neurological processes that should not be disrupted that frequently.

My point is, every drug is different, and things need to be considered that many ignore.  For example "Oh, he didn't die because of alcohol, he died because he drove drunk."

Well yeah...but would he have been in the state of mind to drive drunk had it not been for the alcohol?

Another example is elderly people tripping and falling, and dying as a result, after taking oxycodone.  You could argue that the oxycodone itself didn't kill the elderly person, but it sort of did.

How about car crashes as a result of smoking marijuana?  I suspect that they are under-reported.

Does anyone aspirate their gear anymore?  Are there many infections or deaths as a result of not doing so?  I don't hear about too many of them.

In 2004, on the Bryant Gumbel HBO documentary on steroid use, John Romano asked [regarding steroid-related deaths] "Where are the bodies?"

Drug use and abuse is a difficult thing.  Like religion, it is one of the few views that I am not as sure about as I was when I was a naive 23-year-old libertarian.

I think having a dealer you can trust, following proper instructions regarding steroid use [or the use of any other drug], and listening to your own body are some of the most important things to consider.

Nasser El Sonbaty decided to stay over 300-lb for his entire life.  It most likely was a key factor in preventing him from making it to his 50th birthday.

For myself, there are very few drugs that I intend to do - maybe a wimpy steroid cycle for my 40th birthday, just to do it while I am still young enough to respond well to the cycle.  I will have a few drinks a year, some coffee, maybe a cigar or two or three each decade.  The only drug that I don't find concerning, from a toxicity perspective, would be opiates.  This really depends on whether or not a person has an addictive personality though.  I don't - but anyone can be tempted.

Dallas McCarver should have probably never done his first steroid cycle.  Antoine Vaillant should probably stop now.  After all, he is only turning 31 this year.  Why not put pro bodybuilding behind him, and live a quiet life in Quebec?

What are you talking about?

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »

Ha Ha
Yes tell us & they sold out to the Germans in ww2  ::)

Clearly he’s not aware how needle & syringe fit together

Yeah, I was struggling with the gorilla putting the needles to the syringes. I was wondering where the gorilla was getting those type of syringes.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:31:11 PM »
Gyms are dirty places and injecting stuff introduces bacteria to the body. The more you shoot, the more bacteria.

In '14 when I got sepsis, it was from letting the cellulitis in my shins go untreated wayyy too long. Was demonstrating how powerlifters drag the bar up the shins to a female client (who was interested in pling). Brand new bar & I pulled my pants up over my knees and the bar actually dug into my shins and bled. That was in the morning and worked all day till midnight and likely didn't shower till the next morning (didn't realize how scraped up my shins were till I saw the blood on the inside of my pant legs).

Bout a week later my shins/ankles started to swell and for a couple months my ankles were swollen to the same size as my calves. You'd think my ex-fiance, the 3rd yr med student, wouldvenrecognized it as cellulitis but I attributed it to kicking the heavy thai- bag.

Then one Saturday morning, laying in bed I start.to.shiver uncontrollably, almost like a seizure. Freezing cold but pouring sweat while wrapped in every blanket in the house (this was summer up in Loma Linda. Pounded a gal of Gatorade,which inpukedbup.. I stayed home while she went to class for a couple of hours, then when she got home took my temperature and it was 105.3 and decided to go to urgent care. Got to urgent care wearing a tank top at about 5 p.m. and it was cooled down and raining and I'm filling out the forms pouring sweat oh, and by the time I see the doctor, the doctor lady says "are you off walking idiot? if she wasn't here I would call and ambulance and take you to the ER right now".... so we go to the ER at Loma Linda Medical Center and my temperature was up to 106.4 and they give me a single 325 Tylenol and we wait for almost nine hours in the waiting room, while everybody else is wrapped in blankets and cold,. I'm in a tank top that's soaked like I just jumped in the swim swimming pool with a puddle of sweat on the floor that had been dripping off my chin and nose.

By the time they finally see me they tell me I need to be admitted for at least a week with IV antibiotics Around the Clock. I said I can't do that I have clients on Monday. They say if I leave and come back best case scenario is I lose my left leg at the ankle and maybe I save my right leg. Worst case scenario is I could lose my left leg below the knee and my right leg at the ankle. So I agree to stay for a couple days, my white cell count was 21 or 23 at the time by the way.

Ended up with sepsis & endocarditis (bacteria on heart valve). Believe I was in the hospital until Wednesday getting the three antibiotic IV cocktail 24/7. They wanted to keep me three or four days longer but I negotiated that if my white cell count kept dropping it would let me go with a script for oral antibiotics, because we were headed to Cancun in a week(maybe 5 days??),& tickets and everything was already paid for.

Luckily that last day I believe Wednesday morning the blood work came back and my white cell count had dropped from 14 down to 12, so the doctors reluctantly agreed to cut me loose with a oral script of clindamycin, but my shins stayed swollen for a good 2-3wks after,& physically was drained for a week after.

Back when I had " thyrotoxic periodic paralysis" from the mix-up of a research company selling T3 and labeling it as T4, and I woke up paralyzed, first thing that came to mind was "great, ive got an infection in my spine just like Cormier" a few years prior. Luckily figured out it was from my body having eating away at all the potassium from the high dose T3 combined with the doctor I saw on Wednesday when I first woke up paralyzed (this was on Friday, wed wasn't "as bad"), telling me my CK levels were "Sky High" at 1,200 (they were 33,000 when I had my hip surgery, & 15,575 a couple weeks ago when I had rhabdomyolysis & access lanced in my right delt.. Anything over 120-170 is considered "high") and telling me to hyper hydrate and flush out all the CK, and in doing so I also flushed out what was left over the potassium in my body..... so luckily didn't have the same infection as Cormier, obviously... Luckily.

At the time of his infection, Cormier had also been a heavy IV drug user for quite some time.... And not just stuff that came out of a 10ml multi-dose vial

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 04:52:49 PM »
What are you talking about?

What Matt is talking about is this,

Every drug is different.  I think for health-conscious people who can skirt addition - this being a VERY difficult thing for even people as disciplined as Jean-Claude Van Damme - opioids are probably the least toxic substance.  Cocaine taken nasally probably wouldn't be nearly the issue it was if people could just keep it to once a week or once a month - aside from all the other impurities cut into cocaine as it passes hands down to the end user.

My point is, every drug is different, and things need to be considered that many ignore.  For example "Oh, he didn't die because of alcohol, he died because he drove drunk."

Another example is elderly people tripping and falling, and dying as a result, after taking oxycodone.  You could argue that the oxycodone itself didn't kill the elderly person, but it sort of did.

How about car crashes as a result of smoking marijuana?  I suspect that they are under-reported.

Does anyone aspirate their gear anymore?  Are there many infections or deaths as a result of not doing so?  I don't hear about too many of them.

Drug use and abuse is a difficult thing.  Like religion, it is one of the few views that I am not as sure about as I was when I was a naive 23-year-old libertarian.

Nasser El Sonbaty decided to stay over 300-lb for his entire life.  It most likely was a key factor in preventing him from making it to his 50th birthday.

For myself, there are very few drugs that I intend to do - maybe a wimpy steroid cycle for my 40th birthday, just to do it while I am still young enough to respond well to the cycle.  I will have a few drinks a year, some coffee, maybe a cigar or two or three each decade.  The only drug that I don't find concerning, from a toxicity perspective, would be opiates.  This really depends on whether or not a person has an addictive personality though.  I don't - but anyone can be tempted.

Dallas McCarver should have probably never done his first steroid cycle.  Antoine Vaillant should probably stop now.  After all, he is only turning 31 this year.  Why not put pro bodybuilding behind him, and live a quiet life in Quebec?
Q

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 03:23:47 AM »
Yeah, I was struggling with the gorilla putting the needles to the syringes. I was wondering where the gorilla was getting those type of syringes.

No bananas & no gorillas in Finland  :-\