Author Topic: Proposed Gun Law Changes by Students:  (Read 39049 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Proposed Gun Law Changes by Students:
« Reply #475 on: April 22, 2018, 05:03:26 PM »

could be. but then again the majority of americans think gun ownership increases safety, when the data shows not.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/23/17155596/gun-ownership-polls-safety-violence

In a 2015 study using data from the FBI and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for example, researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University reported that firearm assaults were 6.8 times more common in the states with the most guns versus those with the least. Also in 2015 a combined analysis of 15 different studies found that people who had access to firearms at home were nearly twice as likely to be murdered as people who did not.
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #476 on: April 22, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »
In a 2015 study using data from the FBI and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for example, researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University reported that firearm assaults were 6.8 times more common in the states with the most guns versus those with the least. Also in 2015 a combined analysis of 15 different studies found that people who had access to firearms at home were nearly twice as likely to be murdered as people who did not.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #477 on: April 22, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »
News Flash: cities with more people that drive, have more car accidents!
Also in: households where people abuse drugs have a higher rate of drug overdoses.
Late Breaking News: people that take their work home with them suffer higher stress levels and are more susceptible to die from stress related heart diseases, especially those that are already easily stressed. :o :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #478 on: April 22, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »

could be. but then again the majority of americans think gun ownership increases safety, when the data shows not.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/23/17155596/gun-ownership-polls-safety-violence

I'll be the first to admit that before this thread, it was unknown (to me) how defensive use had already been figured.  That's what I get for subjecting myself to MSM and its lies.

The way I've always seen it, is this:  An individual, as averaged, has no interest in offending against others.  It'd give a person the same unpleasant feeling as had through being victimized by an offense.  Exactly the same.  So, by that, the question of defense-statistics hasn't much concerned me when it comes to the reality of gun ownership.

To say nothing of the fact that we cannot control what happens around us - we can only hope to do it for ourselves.  Nothing in this world can change that.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #479 on: April 23, 2018, 12:23:41 AM »
LMFAO quoting Vox  ::) More anti-gun propaganda Vox is like CNN , worthless

this is why you're too stupid to have a serious discussion with.

the CNN article you rubbished gave the OECD, a medical journal and the WHO as the source for the statistics it quoted. the vox article i linked to referred to an NBC/wall street journal poll. as las vegas asked me what MSM viewers thought, that was relevant.

the random blog post you linked to referred to what source?

you're too stupid to understand the difference. please, just clear off and leave the adults to talk.  ;)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2018, 02:13:17 AM »
I've done a fair bit of study on the subject and I feel confident that the facts and the stats are on my side as a gun owner.....but at the end of the day that's irrelevant because I have a right to keep and bear arms.  Not a government granted privilege, but a God given right.

I have a right to keep...AND BEAR....arms.  If you don't care about your rights, don't wish to exercise them, or want to find excuses to surrender them to the government, that's fine by me.

But....a right, is a right, is a m0therfucking right.  Don't like it?  Eat shit.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2018, 02:29:16 AM »
this is why you're too stupid to have a serious discussion with.

the CNN article you rubbished gave the OECD, a medical journal and the WHO as the source for the statistics it quoted. the vox article i linked to referred to an NBC/wall street journal poll. as las vegas asked me what MSM viewers thought, that was relevant.

the random blog post you linked to referred to what source?

you're too stupid to understand the difference. please, just clear off and leave the adults to talk.  ;)

A serious discussion?  with you? You're fucking clueless on the subject , no shit we can't have a serious discussion when you don't have the first clue on what you're talking about. You quote people who knowingly lie to promote an anti-gun agenda. and FYI retard they " random " blog I posted referenced the fucking CDC you dumbass.

We can NEVER have a serious discussion with someone who thinks no one should own guns when there is already 300 million of them. We're not having a discussion I'm exposing exactly how little you know and making you look like the retard you are.

This isn't a debate , it's a clinic  ;)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2018, 09:26:15 AM »
What happened?

Thanks for asking. I could not defend myself because guns are outlawed here... Thats what happend. Now i have to go through a damn trial with jury with those assholes...

They were just some retards on speed that broke into my house and accused me of rating one of their sisters out. Totally made up and a fantasy of theirs... But i will get them! This was a real crime that will get them 6 years... Fuck it was traumatising!
MIRAGETROPIN

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
FYI retard they " random " blog I posted referenced the fucking CDC you dumbass.

no it didn't. it made a claim about the CDC. what was the source of the claim? ...oh yeh the idiotic author of the random blog.

you rubbished 2 articles that provided sources for their claims/stats. then you post some sht from a blog  ???. you fkin numskull. as i said to you earlier, go back to fantasizing over dorian's ball sack. something you have thoroughly studied.

leave the grown up subjects to the grown ups  ;)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2018, 10:42:43 AM »
One thing that is completely left out of all of these studies is, demographics.  Do any of the studies break down guns, murders, and race?  People get shot and killed in NM all the time, and it's usually gang bullshit.  When a study states, "People who have guns in their homes are more likely to die a violent death."  Gang members have guns in their homes, they're more likely to die a violent death.  No shit. 

Do any of these studies break down law abiding gun owners vs death?  Or, is all the gang bullshit lumped in?  What percentage of gun homicides in the US is gang related?  My guess, is the majority of gun homicides.  Any studies or statistics on this?   ???

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2018, 11:00:08 AM »
One thing that is completely left out of all of these studies is, demographics.  Do any of the studies break down guns, murders, and race?  People get shot and killed in NM all the time, and it's usually gang bullshit.  When a study states, "People who have guns in their homes are more likely to die a violent death."  Gang members have guns in their homes, they're more likely to die a violent death.  No shit

Do any of these studies break down law abiding gun owners vs death?  Or, is all the gang bullshit lumped in?  What percentage of gun homicides in the US is gang related?  My guess, is the majority of gun homicides.  Any studies or statistics on this?   ???

AFAIA all the studies quoted only include legal gun owners. criminals would no doubt be reluctant participants for obvious reasons. so when they say gun owners are more likely to die violently, they are talking about legal gun owners.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2018, 12:04:23 PM »
AFAIA all the studies quoted only include legal gun owners. criminals would no doubt be reluctant participants for obvious reasons. so when they say gun owners are more likely to die violently, they are talking about legal gun owners.
How do they know who legally owns a gun?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2018, 12:08:43 PM »

Are you sure?   ???

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2018, 01:04:36 PM »
How do they know who legally owns a gun?

don't know for sure. but logically, would you expect the criminal fraternity to want to take part in these types of studies?

also if you think it could be criminals they're focusing on in these studies, what's to say it's not criminals that are saying they're using a gun in self defence?

can't have it both ways...

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #489 on: April 23, 2018, 01:05:59 PM »

werewolf operative

« Reply #490 on: April 23, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: April 23, 2018, 01:51:06 PM »

no it didn't. it made a claim about the CDC. what was the source of the claim? ...oh yeh the idiotic author of the random blog.

you rubbished 2 articles that provided sources for their claims/stats. then you post some sht from a blog  ???. you fkin numskull. as i said to you earlier, go back to fantasizing over dorian's ball sack. something you have thoroughly studied.

leave the grown up subjects to the grown ups  ;)

Again moron , why did I rubbish the two articles? Because CNN is known to make up blatant lies when it comes to reporting. They're not a source of trusted information so is Vox , using anti-gun left leaning fake news is NOT a credible source , even the CDC isn't a credible source because they have a proven history of bias. They claim to be objective and fair & balanced , they're NOT

You're NOT in the subject , you're an IGNORANT Brit who thinks he knows what he's talking about , you're getting beat the fuck down left-and-right in this thread. You're like a prison bitch everyone is taking a turn with you. You've proven with each post you're hopelessly clueless on the subject, You're NOT an American , you don't live here , you never fired a gun , you're NOT a gun owner , you knowing at all. You're a child interrupting the adults and getting put in your place.

Keep posting you will keep getting corrected.  ;)

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #492 on: April 23, 2018, 02:08:48 PM »
Are you sure?   ???
don't know for sure. but logically, would you expect the criminal fraternity to want to take part in these types of studies?

also if you think it could be criminals they're focusing on in these studies, what's to say it's not criminals that are saying they're using a gun in self defence?

as above

So, you're not sure?   ???

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #494 on: April 24, 2018, 09:42:28 AM »
Again moron , why did I rubbish the two articles? Because CNN is known to make up blatant lies when it comes to reporting. They're not a source of trusted information so is Vox , using anti-gun left leaning fake news is NOT a credible source , even the CDC isn't a credible source because they have a proven history of bias. They claim to be objective and fair & balanced , they're NOT

You're NOT in the subject , you're an IGNORANT Brit who thinks he knows what he's talking about , you're getting beat the fuck down left-and-right in this thread. You're like a prison bitch everyone is taking a turn with you. You've proven with each post you're hopelessly clueless on the subject, You're NOT an American , you don't live here , you never fired a gun , you're NOT a gun owner , you knowing at all. You're a child interrupting the adults and getting put in your place.

Keep posting you will keep getting corrected.  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: April 24, 2018, 12:09:18 PM »

Don't need it both ways, just need the facts, not some bullshit study by anti gun liberals.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #497 on: April 24, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »
Don't need it both ways, just need the facts, not some bullshit study by anti gun liberals.

So, you're not sure?   ???

ok, had a more in depth read of some of the studies. i was wrong in assuming they only use legal gun owners. they encompass a wide cross section of society. before calculating the risk/benefit of gun ownership they adjust for all other factors that increase risk of violent death. race, prior arrests, history of domestic violence in the house etc.

that is why you'll usually see in the results/conclusions words along the lines of "guns independently increase the risk"

for example

"Our data indicate that keeping a gun in the home is independently associated with an increase in the risk of homicide in the home"
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199310073291506

After we adjusted for confounding factors, individuals who were in possession of a gun were 4.46 (95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.16, 17.04) times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759797/

and the people conducting these studies are not anti gun lobbyists. they're highly respected professors entrusted with billions of dollars of public money to research all areas of public health.

they're only "bs studies" to those who would prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand.  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2018, 03:06:08 AM »

ok, had a more in depth read of some of the studies. i was wrong in assuming they only use legal gun owners. they encompass a wide cross section of society. before calculating the risk/benefit of gun ownership they adjust for all other factors that increase risk of violent death. race, prior arrests, history of domestic violence in the house etc.

that is why you'll usually see in the results/conclusions words along the lines of "guns independently increase the risk"

for example

"Our data indicate that keeping a gun in the home is independently associated with an increase in the risk of homicide in the home"
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199310073291506

After we adjusted for confounding factors, individuals who were in possession of a gun were 4.46 (95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.16, 17.04) times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759797/

and the people conducting these studies are not anti gun lobbyists. they're highly respected professors entrusted with billions of dollars of public money to research all areas of public health.

they're only "bs studies" to those who would prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand.  ;)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2018, 05:53:13 AM »

Thanks retarded celebs, and millenial libtard students...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/hollywoods-oscars-night-tanks-nra-membership-skyrockets/