Author Topic: The Fabulous Moolah's name gets yanked from the WM women's battle royal????  (Read 4680 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I've heard bits and pieces of this from a Cornette podcast. But, for some reason, corporate sponsors and social media had a cow about that women's battle royal at 'Mania being named after the Fabulous Moolah (the female version of the participation trophy match, known as the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal).

Does anybody have any more insight into this?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
I have not details, but why the hell would sponsors - or anyone - have an issue with her name being attached to the match?

I can think of absolutely nothing offensive or controversial about Moolah or her name.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
I heard the same thing and have not heard. My guess is with all this women empowerment that WWE is pushing that they would just rather call it the "Woman's Memorial Battle Royal".

Playboy

• Getbig V
I've heard bits and pieces of this from a Cornette podcast. But, for some reason, corporate sponsors and social media had a cow about that women's battle royal at 'Mania being named after the Fabulous Moolah (the female version of the participation trophy match, known as the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal).

Does anybody have any more insight into this?
Here's what WWE has to say...

"After further consideration, we believe it's best to proceed with the name 'WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal.' What remains most important is that this historic match is part of WWE's unwavering commitment to the Women's Division.

Following a whitewashed video package that aired on Raw, documenting the controversial legacy of Fabulous Moolah, WWE received backlash on social media almost immediately.

Horrifying accounts of Moolah's alleged misdeeds of financial and sexual exploitation were picked up by the mainstream media, including an article I wrote for Forbes this past week. Before long, anybody who dared to even Google the word "Moolah" was inundated with reports that directly contradicted the WWE-supported the notion of the Fabulous Moolah being a trailblazer for women's wrestling."

Montague

• Getbig V
Here's what WWE has to say...

"After further consideration, we believe it's best to proceed with the name 'WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal.' What remains most important is that this historic match is part of WWE's unwavering commitment to the Women's Division.

Following a whitewashed video package that aired on Raw, documenting the controversial legacy of Fabulous Moolah, WWE received backlash on social media almost immediately.

Horrifying accounts of Moolah's alleged misdeeds of financial and sexual exploitation were picked up by the mainstream media, including an article I wrote for Forbes this past week. Before long, anybody who dared to even Google the word "Moolah" was inundated with reports that directly contradicted the WWE-supported the notion of the Fabulous Moolah being a trailblazer for women's wrestling."

Isn't that in EVERY BUSINESS, though?

Playboy

• Getbig V

Isn't that in EVERY BUSINESS, though?
Politically correct WWE. That's what it is now. God forbid should anyone mention something that may offend or be gender offensive in today's ridiculous overly sensitive world  ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
Politically correct WWE. That's what it is now. God forbid should anyone mention something that may offend or be gender offensive in today's ridiculous overly sensitive world  ::)

Today's society SUCKS!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Then rename it the Sensational Sherri Memorial battle royal.

Playboy

• Getbig V

Today's society SUCKS!!!
I agree. We climaxed at the eighties as a society.

Montague

• Getbig V
I agree. We climaxed at the eighties as a society.

Correct!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Apparently, pimping IS easy if you're Moolah.