Author Topic: How to deal with jealous haters????  (Read 3607 times)

BigIronMike25

How to deal with jealous haters????
« on: April 12, 2006, 05:43:29 PM »
Holy shit i dont know where to start my rant!

I just had an extremely frustrating and forgetable experience in the gym today.

As some may know im training for my first ever bb contest on june 10th.  I've lost 15lbs since i started my diet 8 weeks ago and my bf is down to a decent 7.5% (as of calipers last week).  well anyway on to the bullshit:

Im training with a buddy of mine doing bi's and tri's today and one of the head trainers comes over while im curling about halfway thru my workout.  Im in the middle of a fuckin set and he says "man you must be on some pretty goodass shit to have those veins poppin out so well"...i was like whatever and didnt say a word.  He is extremely anti-steroid and buys into all the media bullshit rhetoric of how AAS, even used moderately will kill you.  Then he proceeeds to say that if he was on shit, he would be able to enter a contest as well.  Then, i get a huge lecture about how AAS will completely destroy my liver, cause cancer throughout my whole body, and yaddaddyyadyadyadda....h e kept saying "dont go down that road mike, youre too good of guy"......what the fuck is that supposed to mean.  Here's a guy who is a full-blown alcoholic tellin me how BAD steroids are for me.  then he proceeds to say that people on JUICE dont have to "put in as much effort".....i went off, you gotta be fuckin kiddin me right...i said okay come do cardio with me at 430 am tommorow then.  I guess diet has nothing to do with it in his mind either, when we all know that diet is the single most important aspect of competition-level bodybuilding....I WAS SO FUCKIN PISSED....i kept a cool head and tried to laugh it off and finished my workout, but by the time i got home i was ready to explode.  Just the fact that he insinuated that i dont have to work as hard as a natural really really pissed me off.  He acts like AAS are magic in a bottle, little does he know.

sorry guys this is kind of a useless post but i had to vent a little and im sure some of you on here have experienced a few of these encounters.   If you have time, give me some advice as to how to deal with this bullshit, also id be curious to know what your experiences have been with uneducated anti-steroid haters.  thanks for reading fellas.

MIKE

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Re: How to deal with jealous haters????
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
You have to quit absorbing his bullshit and learn to deflect it.... I would have just laughed at him  and made a joke out of him... you should have agreed with everything he said and smiled at him.. and then asked him does'nt he wish he could be like you.... because deep down inside he does wish he could be like you... but he's too busy being a pussy and listening to the media.. so then he comes over to you and transfers his frustrations to which you oblige... dont do that anymore bro... get him even more pissed by laughing at him and agreeing...
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »
dude you get to were your at by doing what your doing
not by what others think or say.

the best thing to remember is your in a good position! the ones that are hating
are just in there position to criticize.

you do what you have to do to survive,some take aas and some just do things natural,eather way its who is on top of there own world.

you do what you have to do and not worry what others wish they could do.

CONGRATS and good luck

BigIronMike25

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 05:59:10 AM »
You have to quit absorbing his bullshit and learn to deflect it.... I would have just laughed at him  and made a joke out of him... you should have agreed with everything he said and smiled at him.. and then asked him does'nt he wish he could be like you.... because deep down inside he does wish he could be like you... but he's too busy being a pussy and listening to the media.. so then he comes over to you and transfers his frustrations to which you oblige... dont do that anymore bro... get him even more pissed by laughing at him and agreeing...

thanks BIGjohn....appreciate it man

BigIronMike25

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 05:59:45 AM »
dude you get to were your at by doing what your doing
not by what others think or say.

the best thing to remember is your in a good position! the ones that are hating
are just in there position to criticize.

you do what you have to do to survive,some take aas and some just do things natural,eather way its who is on top of there own world.

you do what you have to do and not worry what others wish they could do.

CONGRATS and good luck

thanks ZEEK...have a good one bro!

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 07:55:57 AM »
I seem to meet someone like that every day. I always go "yeah man, that shit'll kill you" and act really serious about it.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 08:08:27 AM »
People that  criticize others on something that they cant have or could never achieve are just plain jealous.  They have issues in their own life that they can not deal with.  They try to find any negativity they can.  This trainer guy is probably one of those lame ass people that believe everything  the media and govt says and follows it blindly.  Ask him were he got his certification from just out of curiosity. Alchohol kills more people everyday than any steroid unless your injecting 1000's of mill a day.

There have been a few guys that have asked me that same question and I just smile and change the subject.

Just realize your better than he could ever be and keep up the great work!!!

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 08:39:41 AM »
i had a couple of guys today at the gym ask me if i was useing steroids? let see it was at 6:30am just the type of shit I wanna hear.

I asked them why? they say to me cause in the past couple of weeks we have seen you swell up and lift more.I said to them WOW I'm glad I can draw such a crowd.

So i said what if I am? they said well you know the stuff is bad,i said it cant be that bad if its working. ;D  and then they say so you are useing? I said yes I am and your point will be? so they continue with it can hurt your body,
so i say well i can hurt your body and you don't even have to pay for it. ::)
just being a smart ass ;D

now a crowd has come in and theres about 20 guys in this discussion,mind you i still haven't even got my set in! half of these guys are jacked up on gear
so this morning all I get to here is how steroids are bad and how we can all get hurt from this and people die from this stuff.

so my last comment to these guys before I finally got to workout was
"look do you all need some?" or what?  cause really its none of your business but thanks for your 2 cents and concerns.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 06:45:38 PM »
Let them hate, who gives a rats ass. 99% of the time the hate stems from jealousy anyway or lack of fulfilment in their own lives.

Mr.Protein

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 04:11:56 AM »
Mike...
just because someone invites you to an argument doesn't mean you have to show up.

Info on AAS use should only be given on a "need to know" basis - and very few people need to know  :-X

Good luck in your competition.
the price is great... so is the reward

Dragonz818

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 09:50:36 AM »
 I woudlnt get mad at that. I would take it as a compliment. He went out of his way to talk to you because he noticed the great shape that your in. I have a friend whos huge and all natural hes got the genetics. He gets guys coming up to him all the time about the same shit. He loves it make him feel like he is improving his body.
   Like everyone else said Im sure it eats away at him because he wishes he can acomplish what you have.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 07:18:58 PM »
Holy shit i dont know where to start my rant!

I just had an extremely frustrating and forgetable experience in the gym today.

As some may know im training for my first ever bb contest on june 10th.  I've lost 15lbs since i started my diet 8 weeks ago and my bf is down to a decent 7.5% (as of calipers last week).  well anyway on to the bullshit:

Im training with a buddy of mine doing bi's and tri's today and one of the head trainers comes over while im curling about halfway thru my workout.  Im in the middle of a fuckin set and he says "man you must be on some pretty goodass shit to have those veins poppin out so well"...i was like whatever and didnt say a word.  He is extremely anti-steroid and buys into all the media bullshit rhetoric of how AAS, even used moderately will kill you.  Then he proceeeds to say that if he was on shit, he would be able to enter a contest as well.  Then, i get a huge lecture about how AAS will completely destroy my liver, cause cancer throughout my whole body, and yaddaddyyadyadyadda....h e kept saying "dont go down that road mike, youre too good of guy"......what the f**k is that supposed to mean.  Here's a guy who is a full-blown alcoholic tellin me how BAD steroids are for me.  then he proceeds to say that people on JUICE dont have to "put in as much effort".....i went off, you gotta be fuckin kiddin me right...i said okay come do cardio with me at 430 am tommorow then.  I guess diet has nothing to do with it in his mind either, when we all know that diet is the single most important aspect of competition-level bodybuilding....I WAS SO FUCKIN PISSED....i kept a cool head and tried to laugh it off and finished my workout, but by the time i got home i was ready to explode.  Just the fact that he insinuated that i dont have to work as hard as a natural really really pissed me off.  He acts like AAS are magic in a bottle, little does he know.

sorry guys this is kind of a useless post but i had to vent a little and im sure some of you on here have experienced a few of these encounters.   If you have time, give me some advice as to how to deal with this bullshit, also id be curious to know what your experiences have been with uneducated anti-steroid haters.  thanks for reading fellas.

Michael,

Honestly, you should have told him to mind his own business and get the fu.ck out of your face before you get the manager on his ass.

Trainers who stick their nose in other people's business with their holier-than-thou attitude only lose clients and get fired.

The trainers at my gym (LA FITNESS) are bitches.  There is only one who is a serious lifter and he competes in bodybuilding, was a former powerlifter.  I respect that guy.  The other trainers are Muscle&Fitness prettyboy types who can't lift their own bodyweight and use the rubberball for bench and squats...

I don't think even one of them have ever picked up an 80lb. dumbell for any reason.......ever.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

BigIronMike25

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »

Michael,

Honestly, you should have told him to mind his own business and get the fu.ck out of your face before you get the manager on his ass.

Trainers who stick their nose in other people's business with their holier-than-thou attitude only lose clients and get fired.

The trainers at my gym (LA FITNESS) are bitches.  There is only one who is a serious lifter and he competes in bodybuilding, was a former powerlifter.  I respect that guy.  The other trainers are Muscle&Fitness prettyboy types who can't lift their own bodyweight and use the rubberball for bench and squats...

I don't think even one of them have ever picked up an 80lb. dumbell for any reason.......ever.

DIV

LOL, i know what you mean DIV.....this candyass is about 6-1 and about 160 soaking ass wet, yet acts like hes 260....i laughed like hell reading your reply, which is what i really need right now. thanks bro!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 08:05:06 PM »
LOL, i know what you mean DIV.....this candyass is about 6-1 and about 160 soaking ass wet, yet acts like hes 260....i laughed like hell reading your reply, which is what i really need right now. thanks bro!

I told you, man.

If the trainers bother you, get the management.

It's really easy.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 08:23:43 PM »
Info on AAS use should only be given on a "need to know" basis - and very few people need to know  :-X

Amen. There's no reason to tell anymore people then you have to about your gear useage (even that should be kept to a minimum).