Author Topic: Southwest To Start Service to Hawaii  (Read 1847 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Southwest To Start Service to Hawaii
« on: March 26, 2018, 03:22:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/918313057482428416

Southwest Airlines
‏Verified account @SouthwestAir
11 Oct 2017

You heard that right. We’re thrilled to share our intention to bring our world-famous hospitality and value to the Hawaiian Islands!

Direct flights from the West Coast to Oahu and Maui.  Also, sounds like inter island service as well.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Southwest To Start Service to Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »
We’re Going to Hawaii, Baby!
‎10-11-2017
GaryKelly

I just shared with our Employees at our Spirit Party at Universal Studios: we’re going to Hawaii, baby! That’s right—the day is finally here that we can say we’re going to add some Aloha to our world-famous Hospitality, as Southwest Airlines will soon serve the Hawaiian Islands!

We intend to begin selling tickets in 2018, and while we’re not quite ready to offer our Customers specific schedule or market information, tonight’s announcement is going to be big news within the industry. Those Southwest shockwaves of our terrific value and bar-setting Customer Service will be a game-changing addition in the U.S. transpacific market.

You may have heard us purposefully changing our language ahead of tonight’s announcement to say it’s a matter of when, and not if we serve Hawaii. Why now? We need to take our Extended Operations (ETOPS) work to the next level and gain FAA certification of ETOPS-equipped aircraft in our fleet and establish required operational processes to offer our Customers nonstop service they expect from California to one of the world’s top leisure destinations. The MAX will be our Hawaii aircraft but, we’ll start with our ETOPS-equipped -800 fleet to accelerate our service launch date. The rest of the work is lined up to bring the performance enhancements of the MAX to what we intend to build into a multi-market offering among our west coast cities and the Hawaiian Islands.

Because this will be big news for the media and our Investors who have also waited for this day, we’ve also posted video of the Employee announcement on swamedia.com, where you’ll also be able to read our news release.

Mahalo to you all as we work to bring America’s Most Loved airline to the shores of Hawaii–and I find it fitting that’s about as far Southwest as you can go in the U.S!

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Southwest-Stories/We-re-Going-to-Hawaii-Baby/ba-p/61199

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »
just booked a one way flight by bitches  8)
p

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 05:44:25 PM »
Delta, then American, then only if I'm forced, United. Southwest might as well be a fucking greyhound bus. Just a general admission free for all with nothing to offer but a cheap cramped seat. No thanks, I'll pass.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
Southwest has some hot fucking stewardesses on the flights I take.  One in particular loves sticking her tits in my face while she pretends to fix bags in the overhead compartment.  I thought it was just coincidence until she did it again, then again.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 01:45:36 PM »
Southwest has some hot fucking stewardesses on the flights I take.  One in particular loves sticking her tits in my face while she pretends to fix bags in the overhead compartment.  I thought it was just coincidence until she did it again, then again.
booooooooooooooom
p

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »

Southwest stewardesses from the early 70's.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »
Southwest stewardesses from the early 70's.

Is there a law or something that doesn't allow this type of uniform these days?

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 05:13:05 PM »
Delta, then American, then only if I'm forced, United. Southwest might as well be a fucking greyhound bus. Just a general admission free for all with nothing to offer but a cheap cramped seat. No thanks, I'll pass.

I've never flown Southwest, only Delta, American, United, and Alaskan.  I'm not sure the seat on a Southwest 737 is any more cramped than a Delta, American, or United 737.  They are the same airplane after all.  

Southwest was a trend setter that was forty years ahead of their time.  They've shaped the way the industry is today.

They were the role model for all the Value Airlines that exist today:
Easy Jet
Ryan Air
Norwegian Air
Air Asia
Jet Star
Eurowings
Scoot
Indigo
WOW
Westjet
Frontier
Spirit
Jetblue

Southwest also caused the consolidation of the airline industry.  Why did six large airlines merge together to form three even larger airlines?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 05:24:35 PM »
Yes, if there's one thing you can say about the aviation industry it's that it's always evolving.  From new routes to revolutionary runway maintenance programs, every day marks progress in this exciting and dynamic field.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
Yes, if there's one thing you can say about the aviation industry it's that it's always evolving.  From new routes to revolutionary runway maintenance programs, every day marks progress in this exciting and dynamic field.
I get the sarcasm.  I realize everyone here doesn't share my aerospace enthusiasm like they do on Airliners.net.  Nobody here has ever compared a 757 to a beautiful woman with long legs and big boobs.  There are no arguments here about MD 80's, L1011's, or how many rows the 797 will have.  

But, there are some interesting things going on in the aerospace industry.  I'll list a few:
The 737 Max 8 has enough range to fly from Connecticut to Dublin Ireland, or from San Francisco to Honolulu.

The 737 Max 7 has enough range to fly from Honolulu to Tokyo.

The A350 ULR has a range of 11,000 miles

Airbus has 10 models launched in the last two years.
A319neo, A320neo, A321neo, A321neo LR, A330-800neo, A330-900neo, A350-1000, A350-900 ULR, CS100, CS300.

The A350 and 787 are both carbon fiber.

Istanbul and Dubai are both developing new airports with capacity of over 200 million passengers per year.  Double Atlanta the current largest airport.

Airbus has a backlog of over 6000 for the A320neo

Indigo recently place the largest aircraft order ever for 430 Airbus aircraft.

Boeing delivered the first 787-10 to Singapore Air yesterday.

Airbus delivered the first 350-1000 to Quatar in February 2018.

Boeing is beginning development of the new 797

Boeing began production of the first 777X in October.

Pratt, GE, and Rolls Royce all have new engines.

GE completed first flight of the new GE9X on March 15.  The largest engine ever at 134 inches in diameter with over 105,000 pounds of thrust.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »
Southwest has some hot fucking stewardesses on the flights I take.  One in particular loves sticking her tits in my face while she pretends to fix bags in the overhead compartment.  I thought it was just coincidence until she did it again, then again.

Can't be any worst than Delta Shuttles (Gulfstreams) from LAX - San Diego.  Phucking no AC and passengers hanging from the overhead compartments.  Still can't figure out how they squeezed 100 people in that thing.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
I get the sarcasm.  I realize everyone here doesn't share my aerospace enthusiasm like they do on Airliners.net.  Nobody here has ever compared a 757 to a beautiful woman with long legs and big boobs.  There are no arguments here about MD 80's, L1011's, or how many rows the 797 will have.  

But, there are some interesting things going on in the aerospace industry.  I'll list a few:

The 737 Max 8 has enough range to fly from Connecticut to Dublin Ireland, or from San Francisco to Honolulu.

The 737 Max 7 has enough range to fly from Honolulu to Tokyo.

Whatcha think about the "Soviet Concorde",the Tupolev Tu-144?
https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-it-was-like-to-fly-on-the-soviet-concorde-1823810679

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
Southwest is my preferred airline. Always on time, no frills ,cost is reasonable.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »
Our grandfathers fought in WWII and we're whining about flying to Hawaii on Southwest.  ::)