Author Topic: Masculine Bodybuilders  (Read 8763 times)

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Masculine Bodybuilders
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
Aaron is great but I like his body at off season more!
His gut is really outstanding haha, so manly!

But those Indy pics ARE off season

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »
It's the fear of being associated with homosexuality that drove the industry to giant muscles and bloated guts.

Especially when Bob Paris came out and the link between bodybuilding and homosexual appeal could no longer be denied that the bodybuilding industry favoured giant muscles thinking that by switching from the beautiful Greek body ideal to giant groteque muscles people would not associate bodybuilding with homosexulity anymore.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
It's the fear of being associated with homosexuality that drove the industry to giant muscles and bloated guts.

Especially when Bob Paris came out and the link between bodybuilding and homosexual appeal could no longer be denied that the bodybuilding industry favoured giant muscles thinking that by switching from the beautiful Greek body ideal to giant groteque muscles people would not associate bodybuilding with homosexulity anymore.

I don’t know that the guts are more masculine per se so I question your theory but here’s a good way to see the prevalence of it. Take a photo from backstage at an angle when back comparisons are going on with competitors abdomens hidden from judges and audience. Just go down the line and look at the distension.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W9Td0OPn-O8/WNqlojEZBII/AAAAAAABUu8/0rjF4sUntzgQHPYE4Ewo9ZYROs39vUd0ACK4B/s1600/22ed14c1c18aa474cb64a0f7a12cc166.jpg

I think we’d be shocked at waist to hip ratios if measured at that moment in time.

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2018, 09:54:07 PM »
I don’t know that the guts are more masculine per se so I question your theory but here’s a good way to see the prevalence of it. Take a photo from backstage at an angle when back comparisons are going on with competitors abdomens hidden from judges and audience. Just go down the line and look at the distension.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W9Td0OPn-O8/WNqlojEZBII/AAAAAAABUu8/0rjF4sUntzgQHPYE4Ewo9ZYROs39vUd0ACK4B/s1600/22ed14c1c18aa474cb64a0f7a12cc166.jpg

I think we’d be shocked at waist to hip ratios if measured at that moment in time.

It is not about masculinity.
When Bob Paris came out with his legendary physique he indirectly confirmed the homosexual appeal in bodybuilding and muscularity. The industry then went from the beautiful (Greek body ideal) to the freakish (Markus Ruhl) in an attempt to de-sexualise the muscular body. The bloated gut is simply a consequence of favouring freakish.

Obviously, muscles have not lost their homosexual appeal.

Elvishk

• Getbig III
  • Roidgut, cock bulge, huge pecs, massive quads
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 03:24:32 AM »
Phill was very girly until 37....  u can see he is very huge and manly with his muscle gut!

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »
He looks like a retard

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 04:57:40 AM »
I hope that he brings a smaller belly this year. Last year was just awfull!
MIRAGETROPIN

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 05:02:03 AM »
I hope that he brings a smaller belly this year. Last year was just awfull!

The problem is severe, but I am beginning to think some of these photos are photoshopped to drive the point.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2018, 07:57:42 AM »
So hgh gut = masculine?  ???
A

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2018, 08:33:47 AM »
So hgh gut = masculine?  ???

I guess what he’s saying is that it gets away from the “pretty boy” look but I think his theory is wrong.

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2018, 01:58:20 PM »
No, HGH does not mean masculine.
The industry went from the beautiful Greek body ideal to the giant muscles of today in order to dissociate muscles from homosexual appeal which has always haunted the bodybuilding industry because a grosteques look is not supposed to evoke sexual desire. If annything, it' the big size of the muscles are convey an idea of masculinity; the big guts is an unfortunate consequence of wht it take to build really big muscles.

However, being a muscle monster does not deprive a bodybuilder from building a body sexually desirable.

Elvishk

• Getbig III
  • Roidgut, cock bulge, huge pecs, massive quads
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
This two men have prefect body!!! very sexy in the photo!!!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 06:32:02 AM »
I'm not liking the prego look

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 07:37:24 AM »
Here is the classic Nasser Fux video, Fux especially massive. Go to 9:09 for massive Fux standing and spotting and 12:30 in video for massive Fux posing:

Also, gym gear like you don’t see these days, Daisy Dukes on Nasser.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2020, 11:38:12 AM »
   functional muscle.
F