Author Topic: RIP Lucious Johnny Valiant  (Read 3121 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
RIP Lucious Johnny Valiant
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:57:00 AM »
Former pro wrestler “Luscious” Johnny Valiant died after a truck struck him in Ross Township, Pennsylvania, Wednesday morning, PEOPLE confirms.

Valiant, whose real name was Thomas M. Sullivan, was 71 and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1996.

The wrestler was killed as he ran across a busy road and was hit by an oncoming truck, according to WPXI. (WHAT A SHITTY WAY TO GO  :o)

Ross Township Det. Brian Kohlhepp told the outlet, “We do have witnesses. There was other traffic on McKnight [Road] at the time, so we were able to speak with people who actually witnessed the accident.”

He continued to say police were still investigating the accident but added there was “no indication that this was anything other than a terrible accident at this point.”

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Lucious Johnny Valiant
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »
Sad... RIP...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 02:00:15 AM »
My friend used to work the comedy club circuit years ago and sometimes crossed paths with JV, who was doing the same at the time.
He told me a substantial portion of Valiant's act was telling jokes about Andre the Giant - particularly with regards to Andre's Japan exploits.

It seems there've been a number of retired pro-wrestlers to turn to the comedy club route over the years. Most who worked with Andre invariably include jokes about him - probably since many practically write themselves.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 04:53:06 AM »
My friend used to work the comedy club circuit years ago and sometimes crossed paths with JV, who was doing the same at the time.
He told me a substantial portion of Valiant's act was telling jokes about Andre the Giant - particularly with regards to Andre's Japan exploits.

It seems there've been a number of retired pro-wrestlers to turn to the comedy club route over the years. Most who worked with Andre invariably include jokes about him - probably since many practically write themselves.
Didn't Bundy do a little stand up comedy as well?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
HE WAS GREAT AS BRUTUS 'BEEFCAKE'S MGR,,

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:57:31 PM »
Didn't Bundy do a little stand up comedy as well?

I have no concrete memory of this, but now that you mention it, something makes me think he may have.