Author Topic: Ban Knives  (Read 5764 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Ban Knives
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 04:21:03 PM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »
there is no need for sharp objects in today's society.
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:10:36 PM »
other than killing something, or shooting at targets, what is a gun good for?

Other than killing something, what is a knife good for?

Hope this helps with the ban knives argument Coach.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:17:39 PM »
I assume London must have a mass knifing event in their schools on an almost weekly basis

Maybe instead of banning knives they could start with background check, registration, training etc..

You know, the same stuff that is being recommended in this country regarding guns

I assume the National Knife Association in London will immediately deride all these ideas and the people who support them and suggest that the only solution to a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with a knife

Maybe deputize all sushi chefs and put one in every school (at least the food would improve)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 02:33:43 PM »
I assume London must have a mass knifing event in their schools on an almost weekly basis

Maybe instead of banning knives they could start with background check, registration, training etc..

You know, the same stuff that is being recommended in this country regarding guns

I assume the National Knife Association in London will immediately deride all these ideas and the people who support them and suggest that the only solution to a bad guy with a knife is a good guy with a knife

Maybe deputize all sushi chefs and put one in every school (at least the food would improve)

;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »

Well? Are you going to answer that?
I assume you don't carry a knife?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »

Is it fair to say your gun, as a police officer, gave you peace of mind?

Why do you have guns, as you've mentioned, these days?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »

I thought you were a cop

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 07:04:05 PM »
Is it fair to say your gun, as a police officer, gave you peace of mind?

Why do you have guns, as you've mentioned, these days?

would it be fair to say, the mantra "ban Knives!" when someone somewhere is stabbed, is a pretty ridiculous gun argument? If the majority of americans were truly callling for banning all guns, verses stricter more common sense gun control, then perhaps.   

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
would it be fair to say, the mantra "ban Knives!" when someone somewhere is stabbed, is a pretty ridiculous gun argument? If the majority of americans were truly callling for banning all guns, verses stricter more common sense gun control, then perhaps.   
What is "stricter more common sense gun control"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 07:13:24 PM »
What is "stricter more common sense gun control"?

Google it.. but for a start, there is no need for military type weapons, there is no need for high capacity magazines, there is no reason a person with violent tendencies should be able to purchase a gun or keep a gun. You shouldn't be able to buy an AR15 over the internet

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »
Google it.. but for a start, there is no need for military type weapons, there is no need for high capacity magazines, there is no reason a person with violent tendencies should be able to purchase a gun or keep a gun. You shouldn't be able to buy an AR15 over the internet
AR 15 are not military weapons.
What is high capacity magazines?
How do you know if someone has violent tendencies?
In order to purchase a gun legally, it has to ship to an FFL and you still have to do paperwork.
Have you ever bought a gun? Have you ever bought a gun online?
So if our 20,000+ gun laws aren't working, do you believe a few more will?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 07:29:36 PM »

No, I think it brings out the ridiculousness of the anti-gun stand, and that's why it may be used.

I don't think there's a question whether you gained a sense of security from your gun when you were actively policing.  But now, do your guns give you that?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 07:34:00 PM »
AR 15 are not military weapons.
What is high capacity magazines?
How do you know if someone has violent tendencies?
In order to purchase a gun legally, it has to ship to an FFL and you still have to do paperwork.
Have you ever bought a gun? Have you ever bought a gun online?
So if our 20,000+ gun laws aren't working, do you believe a few more will?

Yes, exactly.  We can run like hell from the fact this is about people, but guaranteed it'll catch up to us as a whole -- and blast us to smithereens much worse than any gun could ever do.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »
Yes, exactly.  We can run like hell from the fact this is about people, but guaranteed it'll catch up to us as a whole -- and blast us to smithereens much worse than any gun could ever do.

Military type weapons, long guns that were designed for killing humans. AR is an M-16 without the auto feature, unless you put a bump stock on it..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »
bought several guns. I know for a fact you can buy an AR15 from a stranger on line with no paperwork.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »
Military type weapons, long guns that were designed for killing humans. AR is an M-16 without the auto feature, unless you put a bump stock on it..

Ban both of these, right?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 07:43:22 PM »

Since you know some humans are dangerous, though, a fact that holds your stand: How can you explain the stand?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 09:03:40 PM »

There are some humans that need to be killed.  If you break into my house, if you threaten my life, if you attempt to rape my women, If you attempt to kidnap my children....You gotta go.

Since there are certain people that need to be killed, I'd prefer to kill them with an effective weapon.  I'm not interested in getting into any fair fights.

All that ignores the real intent of the 2nd Amendment which was to protect against a government that has become tyrannical....another situation that calls for folks being killed.

Talking about these realities makes people uncomfortable but we shouldn't bullshit ourselves that it doesn't happen and won't continue to happen.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
There are some humans that need to be killed.  If you break into my house, if you threaten my life, if you attempt to rape my women, If you attempt to kidnap my children....You gotta go.

Since there are certain people that need to be killed, I'd prefer to kill them with an effective weapon.  I'm not interested in getting into any fair fights.

All that ignores the real intent of the 2nd Amendment which was to protect against a government that has become tyrannical....another situation that calls for folks being killed.

Talking about these realities makes people uncomfortable but we shouldn't bullshit ourselves that it doesn't happen and won't continue to happen.

"need" to be killed ?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 09:22:19 PM »
There are some humans that need to be killed.  If you break into my house, if you threaten my life, if you attempt to rape my women, If you attempt to kidnap my children....You gotta go.

Since there are certain people that need to be killed, I'd prefer to kill them with an effective weapon.  I'm not interested in getting into any fair fights.

f you can't stop them with a handgun or shotgun or deer rifle.. then you won't with an AR or AK. and BTW, if you chose a deer rifle over a shogun for home defense... you should probably google more.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

That is laughable. Your AR against an F-15.. tell me how that works out

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 10:14:35 PM »
"need" to be killed ?

I’ve stated the same thing to 240 that Pray 4 war just said. Yes, someone comes through my door, window or whatever in the middle of the night (or anytime) and threaten my family that person will die...with no remorse

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 10:26:16 PM »
I’ve stated the same thing to 240 that Pray 4 war just said. Yes, someone comes through my door, window or whatever in the middle of the night (or anytime) and threaten my family that person will die...with no remorse

and I and and several million others agree with you