Author Topic: Growing beard  (Read 2265 times)

spiro

• Getbig IV
Growing beard
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »
Anyone grow a beard? What kind of products you use balm shampoos? Mine is extremely thick jet black I look Arab. I'm married so not to worried what other women think. I feel like people are more respectful.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: Growing beard
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:09:38 PM »
Anyone grow a beard? What kind of products you use balm shampoos? Mine is extremely thick jet black I look Arab. I'm married so not to worried what other women think. I feel like people are more respectful.
if you like it grow it im to damn good looking to cover my face with hair so I dont ;D
p

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »
I grow a beard off and on. I go for a 2-3 month stretch and then shave it off, then get lazy and don't shave and decide why not I'll grow another. I think I'm on about 7-8 weeks at the moment.

Best advice is just don't shave for minimum of a month. Don't even trim it just let it go totally. Then see what you got to work with and trim the edges if you feel the need to. I just wash mine with shampoo, but others use 'product' I'm sure. Obviously you'll wanna comb it after you shower.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »

There's a decent Argan Oil Beard shampoo and conditioner. I would suggest only shampooing, at most, three times a week. While conditioning everyday.

Beard oil can go from $10 to $40. But is for the most part the same thing. I use Cremo. Which is a cheaper brand. But Beardbrand makes some high quality stuff.

Invest in a beard comb and brush. This can prevent pulling, split ends, and tearing of the beard overtime.

Beard balm is also needed for those more unruly beards. This is like a heavy duty beard oil. But helps the beard stay in place.

For trimming advice, I would suggest Beard Tube and Beardbrand on youtube.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
Longest I've ever made it was about two months. I kept hearing "you'll get use to it after three weeks or so" but that never happened for me. Like another poster said, mine is usually grown out of laziness/lack of time and only edged up as to not look like a total slouch. I can't stand them.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:14:37 PM »
Three weeks is when it starts really itching, honestly. 3 months into it and it starts fading. I've been growing mine for 7 months. Only lightly trimming it once to shape it and I don't feel it at all now. There is a beard and scruff cream that one can buy if that phase is really irritating them and they want to keep the beard.

Derrick Rigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 08:21:08 PM »
Keep the beard trimmed and looking good. I grown beards and they always looked good for business professional look.

Used to grow one every November. Luckily, in 10 days I had a pretty good beard. But it grows in three different colors - black, auburn, and gray. I gotta use coloring to get uniform coloring.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »
If you grow one, look for a barber. Also look for how you want to have it shaped, especially how it frames the face (curve or straight line on cheeks), and lines up with your neck. If you want to shape it yourself, invest in good clippers from Wahl or Andis. Or go old school and use a straight blade. Trimmed medium to short beards are more aesthetic, less ostentatious and don't look  too "hipster".

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:39:07 PM »
i shave every day because i hate having a beard

it just makes you look older, if you're older than 29 why would you want to look older?

every hipster nerd has one so no it doesn't make you more masculine either

E
E

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 09:56:04 PM »
If you grow one, look for a barber. Also look for how you want to have it shaped, especially how it frames the face (curve or straight line on cheeks), and lines up with your neck. If you want to shape it yourself, invest in good clippers from Wahl or Andis. Or go old school and use a straight blade. Trimmed medium to short beards are more aesthetic, less ostentatious and don't look  too "hipster".

Brio Beardscape are some badass clippers too.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
Mine is a viking shape V. Dark colour on the sides and blonde in the middle.

The popular beards here is either the shorter same length or you get long beards. So my style stands out a bit and suits how i look anyway as i have Sweedish in my background.

As for looking  masculine, it makes a difference. In my case it's a massive difference and im somewhat similar to that Ragnar Lothbruk look in general (but my beard grows full on the bottom lip).

Only positive impact. By far the largest stares are 40s white women (im 38). Fucking mental when i rock up to school to pickup my daughter and you see all the Mums turn and look at once LOL.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 11:01:59 PM »
Brio Beardscape are some badass clippers too.
Yes. I was going if you are going for the barber defined edge and "tight" look. Then one would have to go to what the barbers use.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 01:17:49 AM »
I have a beard, im even one of those embaracing "instagram ambassadors" for a beardcare company  although its for my photos and not my beard so its a little less homo... Still homo tough. I use beard oil and sometimes beard foam only

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 02:21:33 AM »
I have brown skin so would just look like a terrorist if I grew one.

Never liked having facial hair anyway. It just becomes itchy and uncomfortable if I don't shave for a few days. I also think the majority of men look better clean shaven (no homo). 

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 04:11:46 AM »
Ive actually had the beard for about 6 months now. I like the honest Amish products most of the shampoos and balms you can get from Wal-Mart.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 07:17:30 AM »
for my cleaner i use
https://www.lushusa.com/face/cleansers/kalamazoo/05371.html

for my balm;
https://www.amazon.com/GRAVE-BEFORE-SHAVE-Cigar-Vanilla/dp/B015NKHZJU/ref=pd_sim_121_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B015NKHZJU&pd_rd_r=APDNX7C18WTM3G5Y49C8&pd_rd_w=XYrQw&pd_rd_wg=JYWQk&psc=1&refRID=APDNX7C18WTM3G5Y49C8&dpID=51cyqjhQzfL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

and my oil
https://www.amazon.com/GRAVE-BEFORE-SHAVE-Gentlemens-Bourbon/dp/B00VIJP2LE/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1523974470&sr=8-2&keywords=grave+before+shave+beard+oil

the oil is before bed, balm in the morning\before i go out, if you're serious about a beard you might want to consider a silk pillowcase

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 07:39:37 AM »
I have a beard, im even one of those embaracing "instagram ambassadors" for a beardcare company  although its for my photos and not my beard so its a little less homo... Still homo tough. I use beard oil and sometimes beard foam only

Outed. Who is she, Taylor Swift? ;D

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 12:20:39 PM »
Outed. Who is she, Taylor Swift? ;D
lål 😀

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »
I have for a few years now. Between the two (oil or balm) I think I prefer balm to keep it more in place when needed but still rarely use it.

Haven't noticed much of a difference between using those products or not except some smell pretty nice.

Usually just go with the cheapest brand with good reviews on amazon that uses argan oil.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
Pre-shave oil at $12.95 an ounce.

Vince has a better idea.... Make your own for $12.95 a gallon ..

Castor oil 1 Qt.
Olive oil 1/2 QT.
Sandalwood essential oil 100 drops

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
i shave every day because i hate having a beard

it just makes you look older, if you're older than 29 why would you want to look older?

every hipster nerd has one so no it doesn't make you more masculine either

E

Hipsters are a waste of oxygen

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »
My town just held a Harley festival (Davidson, not Brite).  Told the gf it's like a ZZ Top convention around here.  Won me a super evil look off this one dude.  Beard people are so sensitive.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 06:57:27 AM »
I have a beard. You are definitely going to need at least a wash and an oil or wax.
And it depends on how much to what to spend. I'm prefer Jack Black.

https://www.getjackblack.com/Beard-Care.aspx
https://thebeardedbastard.com
http://www.honestamish.com/Honest-Amish-Beard-Wax-s/1825.htm
https://www.bulldogskincare.com/products
https://www.scotchporter.com/collections/beards
https://www.kiehls.com/nourishing-beard-grooming-oil/KHL810.html?cgid=men-view-all&dwvar_KHL810_size=1.0%20fl.%20oz.%20Bottle
A