Author Topic: Woman nearly sucked out of Southwest plane after fire and engine failure!  (Read 4788 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Chilling radio transmission. Pilot completely calm.
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-southwest-flight-1380-radio-transmissions-20180417-story.html

Southwest Airlines Flight 1380 was heading west over Pennsylvania at about 32,200 feet and traveling 500 mph when it abruptly turned toward Philadelphia where it made an emergency landing Tuesday.

The plane’s engine blew out, causing shrapnel to smash a window on the plane, according to reports.

In a recording of conversations between the cockpit and air traffic controllers, an unidentified crew member reported that there was a hole in the plane and that "someone went out."

Passenger Alfred Tumlinson, of Corpus Christi, Texas, told the Associated Press that a man in a cowboy hat rushed forward a few rows "to grab that lady to pull her back in. She was out of the plane. He couldn't do it by himself so another gentleman came over and helped to get her back in the plane and they got her."

Woman is dead.  :-\

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Did she die from getting hit with the shrapnel or from exposure to the elements? I always buckle up, I'm not trying to go out of a window, although I doubt if fit. This is the second time an engine exploded on one of their 737's. I wonder what the deal is? Where's our resident flight guru?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did she die from getting hit with the shrapnel or from exposure to the elements? I always buckle up, I'm not trying to go out of a window, although I doubt if fit. This is the second time an engine exploded on one of their 737's. I wonder what the deal is? Where's our resident flight guru?

Plane was going 500mph so possibly a broken neck/spine. Hopefully quick.  Yeah I remember that last engine fire.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/southwest-flight-emergency/

I feel bad for the person that died, but man- the possibility of falling OUT of a plane is probably a bigger fear of mine than being in a plane crash. They're saying the interior of the plane was basically covered in blood. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Didn't see this thread when I made my duplicate.(Tried to delete)

Man, this is a freaky story. Like I said in other thread,the idea of falling out of a plane is probably a bigger fear for me than dying in a plane crash.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Didn't see this thread when I made my duplicate.(Tried to delete)

Man, this is a freaky story. Like I said in other thread,the idea of falling out of a plane is probably a bigger fear for me than dying in a plane crash.

Why is that? Fear of dying alone (while falling) or were you not going that deep with it? I am not a huge fan of flying btw.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Why is that? Fear of dying alone (while falling) or were you not going that deep with it? I am not a huge fan of flying btw.

Are you the one who always psychoanalyzes my posts are am I confusing you with someone else?  ;D

Honestly, I grew up in a hilly part of the country and I always used to worry about our car flipping over when we would go up or down a steep hill. I moved to new york at the end of college and there was a massive infrastructure failure story happening at least once a month around that time. I don't have a particular fear of flying, but I do have a suspicion of the integrity of structurally complex/physically defiant entities and freak accidents always amplify that. Like that van incident from last week.

eta: I'm usually more worried about stuff like this when I'm with my family, so it's not the dying alone part.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Horrible.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Plane was going 500mph so possibly a broken neck/spine. Hopefully quick.  Yeah I remember that last engine fire.

Yeah, and I suspect she was wearing her seatbelt; otherwise not even Kazmaier could've held on to her.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Horrible.

Mother of two very tragic. Female pilot was an accomplished fighter jet pilot and still can't believe how calm she was in the radio transmissions. Landed the plane without a bump.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace

Maybe it was shrapnel or head sucked out window and snapped her neck.

This plane lost a large part of it's fuselage at 27,000 ft. Lot's of exposure to elements.

Only one fatality, a stewardess ejected out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_Flight_243

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Maybe it was shrapnel or head sucked out window and snapped her neck.

This plane lost a large part of it's fuselage at 27,000 ft. Lot's of exposure to elements.

Only one fatality, a stewardess ejected out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_Flight_243

I remember as a kid watching one of those made for television movies about this. It had Connie Selica in it. Not sure why I remember it so vividly.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Man, just a gruesome, unfortunate way to die.  :-\

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Somebody wasn't wearing their seatbelt. :-\

A

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
I don't have a particular fear of flying, but I do have a suspicion of the integrity of structurally complex/physically defiant entities and freak accidents always amplify that. Like that van incident from last week.

Me too.  Sh1t like this makes me wince...

The glass skywalk hangs 1,180 meters above a valley and stretches 266 meters in length. Just for fun, shattering glass is added as a special effect to give the already-terrifying experience extra zing. The management assured that workers check the glass panels daily to ensure the safety of visitors.
T

Meta-physical

The glass skywalk hangs 1,180 meters above a valley and stretches 266 meters in length. Just for fun, shattering glass is added as a special effect to give the already-terrifying experience extra zing. The management assured that workers check the glass panels daily to ensure the safety of visitors.

LOL! Musclecenter absolutely shit himself when he walked across the bridge at 0:05.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

It's  funny that you posted this because I was actually thinking about glass skybridges and that video in particular when I wrote the post you were responding to. There's this  highrise in chicago called the willis tower and they have a skydeck with a glass floor. Some friends took me and my family to see it the last time I was there. My daughter - who was about 5- was too scared to go on the overhang, but I was sort of like "Good."

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay

Blame GE for their subpar engines......when in doubt, go Rolls Royces...better engines... ;)

thebrink

• Getbig V
Apparently got sucked out butt first then got stuckfor a long while before being mortally wounded fucked up

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
They are reporting she had her seatbelt on. Scary.

Nerves of steel and of course not from the snowflake generation.

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
Alpha Female... would hit big time...

be back

maybe she realised she was sitting next to a vegan on the flight and tried to break out...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Yeah, and I suspect she was wearing her seatbelt; otherwise not even Kazmaier could've held on to her.

a pilot was sucked out of a plane window once . His feet hooked onto the flight control. A male Stewart hung onto his legs and pulled down so they could release pressure on the controls and land the plane.

The pilots upper body and arms were flailing around outside as his body lay on top and eventually the side  of the plane. they landed the plane with him hanging out like that.

he survived. pilot said one minute he was in the cockpit and the next sec he was leaning back looking at the tail of the plane. he had to keep his head back so he could breath. Still passed.out several times.

co pilot said the captains eyelids were pulled up from the wind forces and blood was coming out of his eyes. lol crazy

Video is on YouTube. amazing story.

Fortress

• Getbig V
1. I’m so very sad about the woman dying. Poor lady.  :(

2. Hooray for the man/men who pulled her back in, despite her death. Strong and respectable gentlemen.

3. My respect to the pilot. A professional and skilled lady. Cool under pressure. (Funny, she’s likely more classy and feminine than a majority of the young “feminist” whores these days, despite being 1,000 times a stronger, more independent and alpha woman.)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
a pilot was sucked out of a plane window once . His feet hooked onto the flight control. A male Stewart hung onto his legs and pulled down so they could release pressure on the controls and land the plane.

The pilots upper body and arms were flailing around outside as his body lay on top and eventually the side  of the plane. they landed the plane with him hanging out like that.

he survived. pilot said one minute he was in the cockpit and the next sec he was leaning back looking at the tail of the plane. he had to keep his head back so he could breath. Still passed.out several times.

co pilot said the captains eyelids were pulled up from the wind forces and blood was coming out of his eyes. lol crazy

Video is on YouTube. amazing story.

That reads like a work of fiction, but truth is stranger than fiction. 

I recall reading about a man being sucked through a window in the 80's but can't find anything about it.  Maybe it was a rehash of the 1973 National Airlines debacle - similar to the Southwest incident.