Author Topic: Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook parents  (Read 6205 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook parents
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 05:00:04 PM »
When I knew him his big deal was black helicopters and martial law. He was also anti cop. I took it all with a grain of salt because of the nature of the business I was in. Stupid people are going to be stupid people. But I think it is certainly a notch lower, far lower when you specifically are saying that children shot down in a school and grieving parents are fake and crisis actors. Being a parent myself, I empathize with them. and yes, if I were to run into him today, I would let him know I consider him a low life for doing that. 

I understand the idea of your position (although imo BB pretty much louisville-sluggered things) and I'd tend to agree with you, in a practical sense.  No question.

But I can't get past the reality A.J. doesn't (can't) produce this stuff completely by his own decision.  His madman act, unfortunately annoying, is his.  Just as any halfwit could do at least as well.  But his content and his alleged views on it don't fit together, if he's really trying to spell it out.  That's on the few issues of his I've read on, which are more than enough to show his place.   AFA watching and listening to him, maybe 30-seconds was my max.  Pure fakery with an MSM signature on his forehead.  (and, no, i don't necessarily expect you to agree w me, just giving my opinion -- i do wonder if he goes around so freely these days as he did back then, though, or if he's concerned about someone recording him being owned by joe public... he's built up quite the portfolio by now, plenty to get him on)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »
The behavior of the alleged parent laughing and joking before getting into character is one of the things that's hard to explain in the sandy hook incident. There are several other details that don't add up with the whole incident. I don't know if it's fake or not but if I had a child that was just killed in a school shooting I wouldn't be jiving around before an interview

I don't know why it'd be shown by media, then.

It could be the parents were trying to comfort one another, by offering gestures such as a smile, to counter grief they'd be overwhelmed with.  They'd be within their own little world with one another in that time, sharing a very heavy burden (unusual as a whole, given the number), and much of it would seem strange looking from the outside in.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »
This is the left's censorship tactic. Suing everyone that they don't like and trying to drive them out of business, off the air, or off the internet. 

It doesn't matter if they win or lose in court because the time, and overwhelming expense of defending yourself is enough to destroy a lot of their targets and intimidate everyone else into shutting up.

It's a tactic, that's all.  It has nothing to do with parents, or children, or any of the other shit they say it's about.  This is a slick way to silence dissenting opinions.

May fuck be upon them.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42:05 PM »
This is the left's censorship tactic. Suing everyone that they don't like and trying to drive them out of business, off the air, or off the internet. 

It doesn't matter if they win or lose in court because the time, and overwhelming expense of defending yourself is enough to destroy a lot of their targets and intimidate everyone else into shutting up.

It's a tactic, that's all.  It has nothing to do with parents, or children, or any of the other shit they say it's about.  This is a slick way to silence dissenting opinions.

May fuck be upon them.

We are years past Sandy Hook. Jones continues to stir the pot. Some of the parents of those dead kids are getting death threats from Jones' followers because of it. You think it's the lefts tactic? How about the right having a little decency and leaving the parents and survivors alone?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 01:14:12 AM »
Jones is a moron that's one thing for certain. No idea how he got so popular.

He got popular because he is clever, persistent and build upon a base of pretty interesting material that has been around for a long time.

It's X-Files mixed with politics but, in contrast to his symbolic predecessor(Cooper), there is more of an official agenda than a personal one as it is tainted by money.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2018, 05:27:16 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2018, 05:59:06 AM »
It's fuck you.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2018, 07:11:02 AM »
Buy filters, or...  >:(

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/17/603223968/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-over-claim-shooting-was-fa

Glad to hear it. He is a vile creature and deserves what he gets. Telling anyone who will listen that the parents of dead kids are crisis actors... and that their kids weren't murdered. How does he sleep at night?

What happened to free speech
irongearco.com

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
hurt feelings, must sue

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/17/603223968/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-over-claim-shooting-was-fa

Glad to hear it. He is a vile creature and deserves what he gets. Telling anyone who will listen that the parents of dead kids are crisis actors... and that their kids weren't murdered. How does he sleep at night?

I find it odd that you watch CNN Fake News though, they do the same.
K

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2018, 12:53:26 PM »

What happened to free speech

It is still alive and well, though misunderstood by many

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »
I don't know why people keep waxing poetic about how people had respect for each other in the past. Actually they did not. Its just today we are force fed this shit on a global basis 24/7.

This world has been violent and crzy since the beginning of time. Hell they used to brn redheads at the stake who were into nature because they thought they were witches

they even nailed some nice jewish fella to a cross once because he was preaching love and tolerance and questioning the status quo

the gang up mentality has always been here, always will. Its is just a matter of the one who spins the best bullshit that wins
"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
I don't know why people keep waxing poetic about how people had respect for each other in the past. Actually they did not. Its just today we are force fed this shit on a global basis 24/7.

This world has been violent and crzy since the beginning of time. Hell they used to brn redheads at the stake who were into nature because they thought they were witches

they even nailed some nice jewish fella to a cross once because he was preaching love and tolerance and questioning the status quo

the gang up mentality has always been here, always will. Its is just a matter of the one who spins the best bullshit that wins

You are right in that regard. There has always been violence and issues in America. But here is what I typed

"There was a time in this country when this kind of thing wouldn't happen. People for the most part had at least some respect for grieving parents and dead children".   

I think that is an accurate statement. Maybe it's not. I should probably have added "white parents and dead white children" to be certain. but I've only been around from the 60's until now and I can't recall a time from  the 60's-80's when a syndicated talk show host and a large group of people would basically attack parents of children gunned down, or attack children who survived such an event as fakes.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »
When I knew him his big deal was black helicopters and martial law. He was also anti cop. I took it all with a grain of salt because of the nature of the business I was in. Stupid people are going to be stupid people. But I think it is certainly a notch lower, far lower when you specifically are saying that children shot down in a school and grieving parents are fake and crisis actors. Being a parent myself, I empathize with them. and yes, if I were to run into him today, I would let him know I consider him a low life for doing that. 
He watched one too many episodes of X-Files and read too many of those UFO mags back in the 90s?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »
He watched one too many episodes of X-Files and read too many of those UFO mags back in the 90s?

Hard to say. I think he found a niche and to his credit played it up well. There is a market for black helicopter and the "guvment is out to get you" type stuff, but he went off the deep end at a certain point.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
We are years past Sandy Hook. Jones continues to stir the pot. Some of the parents of those dead kids are getting death threats from Jones' followers because of it. You think it's the lefts tactic? How about the right having a little decency and leaving the parents and survivors alone?

"The right" doesn't make death threats to people that they don't know with no intention or ability to follow up on the threats.

Crazy people with shitty lives do that.  Plenty of those people on both sides of the political spectrum.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2018, 06:53:37 PM »
Well this doesn't surprise me that out of all of the families it's this whale and her husband that are suing. Whether real or fake this bitch never once shed a fucking tear about her kid dying. Never once did she say how she will miss her son.  The very next day she was on CNN talking gun control.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »

Crazy people with shitty lives do that.  Plenty of those people on both sides of the political spectrum.
Yep. Agnostics post is utter crap.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
His 1st Amendment rights don't end where their feelings begin.

First, you're ok with stripping Americans of their ability to defend themselves as they see fit, now you're calling for abolishing the first amendment.
When the second goes, all rights will follow.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2018, 07:16:37 PM »
"The right" doesn't make death threats to people that they don't know with no intention or ability to follow up on the threats.

finally, something we can agree on. And the right uses the court system as well.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »
His 1st Amendment rights don't end where their feelings begin.

First, you're ok with stripping Americans of their ability to defend themselves as they see fit, now you're calling for abolishing the first amendment.
When the second goes, all rights will follow.

Lets forget first amendment rights...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

There are limitations on what you and can say. I can't say you have an attraction to barnyard animals. Actually I can say it.. but I am not immune to the consequences if you decide to sue me for defamation. It appears the allegation is Jones has been saying false things about these people, which has causes them harm. They are within their rights, by law to seek remedy in court. Apparently nicely asking Jones to stop spreading lies doesn't seem to work. Not that hard to understand.

and again...  the first amendment protects jones from the Government.. not consequences for his words against other citizens. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2018, 07:38:04 PM »
MARK BANKSTON (NEIL HESLIN'S ATTORNEY): When it comes to private individuals, you can't just lie about them. You cannot just spread lies that hurt their lives. And in this case, sure, defamation's sometimes hard to prove against media outlets because most media outlets have some semblance of journalistic integrity. Here, this is textbook defamation. He made unequivocal, false statements about both of our clients. And the consequences of that are so severe that I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this. And it's our opinion that this is the most vile act of defamation in the history of American media.

In 2013, Jones called the shooting “staged” and said, “It’s got inside job written all over it.”

In March 2014, Jones said, “I’ve looked at it and undoubtedly there’s a cover-up, there’s actors, they’re manipulating, they’ve been caught lying, and they were pre-planning before it and rolled out with it.”

In December 2014, Jones said on his radio program, “The whole thing is a giant hoax.”

Jones continued: “The general public doesn’t know the school was actually closed the year before. They don’t know they’ve sealed it all, demolished the building. They don’t know that they had the kids going in circles in and out of the building as a photo-op. Blue screen, green screens, they got caught using.”

Making it clear he didn’t view the occurrence of the shooting as an open question, Jones explicitly said that the Obama administration was behind the shooting, noting, “It took me about a year with Sandy Hook to come to grips with the fact that the whole thing was fake.”

1st amendment doesn't protect scumbags lying about citizens, from those citizens. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
Yep. Agnostics post is utter crap.

Excellent points. I admire how you set out your argument in outline form. Well thought out response. 

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
MARK BANKSTON (NEIL HESLIN'S ATTORNEY): When it comes to private individuals

1st amendment doesn't protect scumbags lying about citizens, from those citizens.  

There are usually protections made for Opinion, Public Figures/Limited Public Figures, and Matters of the Public Interest which usually raise
the standard for defamation, malice, etc.... .

-------------------------------------------
Watch how he frames these things. Always in the long versions, he is careful to frame them as personal opinions -

-----------------------------

Public Figure -

a public figure, a public official or any other person pervasively involved in public affairs, or

a limited purpose public figure, those who have "thrust themselves to the forefront of particular public controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." A "particularized determination" is required to decide whether a person is a limited purpose public figure, which can be variously interpreted.

One can argue they are at least limited public figures -

Heslin - http://www.msnbc.com/martin-bashir/neil-heslin-father-slain-6-year-old-test .

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4459285/testimony-neil-heslin .

Pozner - http://forward.com/news/170085/mother-of-noah-pozner-makes-emotional-anti-gun-ple/ .

---------------------------------------

You can also argue that the Sandy Hook Massacre transcends private tragedy and has became a matter of public interest since they are showing up at policy debates, etc....

-------------------------------------

Finally, show me where there is actual malice that has taken place. Jones is a conspiracy theorist, he believes in conspiracies, he has for 20 plus years. He doesn't waiver from that. He can also point to things like Operation Northwoods - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods , Gulf of Tonkin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident, heck even the USS Maine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Maine_(ACR-1)#Sinking to make the argument that believing in conspiracy theories might be totally reasonable.

He never once told people to harass, threaten, or act violently toward those people. He just believes in a conspiracy theory and expessed it.