Author Topic: Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook parents  (Read 6203 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook parents
« on: April 18, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/17/603223968/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-over-claim-shooting-was-fa

Glad to hear it. He is a vile creature and deserves what he gets. Telling anyone who will listen that the parents of dead kids are crisis actors... and that their kids weren't murdered. How does he sleep at night?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook parents
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 11:06:12 AM »
Meh. They turned themselves into SJW activists/public figures after Sandy Hook happened, so they are not immune from criticism, etc.... no matter how wacky it is.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:08:22 AM »
Meh. They turned themselves SJW activists/public figures after Sandy Hook happened, so they are not immune from criticism, etc.... no matter how wacky it is. 

Couldn't disagree more. It's hard enough to lose a child like that. To have a radio host continue to say it was fake, and then have to deal with death threats for being a part of a hoax, is not what America should be about and it shouldn't be acceptable by anyone's standards. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »
Mhhhh....

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
Couldn't disagree more. It's hard enough to lose a child like that. To have a radio host continue to say it was fake, and then have to deal with death threats for being a part of a hoax, is not what America should be about and it shouldn't be acceptable by anyone's standards.  

Jones wasn't threatening or advocating violence against them, he was pushing goofy theories. Sorry, but when you become a public activist, and use personal tragedies to push your agenda, you've got to take the good with the bad.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:56 AM »
Jones wasn't threatening or advocating violence against them, he was pushing goofy theories. Sorry, but when you become a public activist, and use personal tragedies to push your agenda, you've got to take the good with the bad.  

Sorry, but when you speak out on a tragedy like Sandy Hook, claiming it never happened, and the parents and students that survived are crisis actors, which encourages people to harass and threaten the victims parents, you get what you get.  There was a time in this country when this kind of thing wouldn't happen. People for the most part had at least some respect for grieving parents and dead children.   

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
Sorry, but when you speak out on a tragedy like Sandy Hook, claiming it never happened, and the parents and students that survived are crisis actors, which encourages people to harass and threaten the victims parents, you get what you get.  There was a time in this country when this kind of thing wouldn't happen. People for the most part had at least some respect for grieving parents and dead children.  

He frames those theories as his personal opinions, etc.... Sorry those are protected by the 1st amendment (especially now that many of those SH people have embraced public activism) status. He's also smart about framing the theories as sourced, etc.... which will be protected by his status as a reporter/member of the press.

Produce evidence where he actively encourages people to harass, threaten, or harm physically the SH folks, you won't find it. Sorry, but the fact that some person(s) not associated with the show, can twist a non-violent *opinion* into something else isn't actionable.

Also who cares about "There was a time in this country when this kind of thing wouldn't happen. People for the most part had at least some respect for grieving parents and dead children." ? The 1st amendment was never meant to be pretty, conformist, or non-confrontational.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 12:22:32 PM »
Fuck them!!!! The whole thing was a hoax and they are complicit!

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
Did he actually categorically state that no kids died at Sandy Hook? I think he suggested different theories and stirred the pot as usual but don't know if he actually made that statement and pushed that opinion. I know there are a lot of people that think it was an elaborate hoax to attack the second amendment, Jones did definitely stir all that up but I am not sure he said no kids died.

be back

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 01:28:47 PM »
Fuck them!!!! The whole thing was a hoax and they are complacent!!
its complicit...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 01:53:12 PM »
He frames those theories as his personal opinions, etc.... Sorry those are protected by the 1st amendment (especially now that many of those SH people have embraced public activism) status. He's also smart about framing the theories as sourced, etc.... which will be protected by his status as a reporter/member of the press.

Produce evidence where he actively encourages people to harass, threaten, or harm physically the SH folks, you won't find it. Sorry, but the fact that some person(s) not associated with the show, can twist a non-violent *opinion* into something else isn't actionable.

Also who cares about "There was a time in this country when this kind of thing wouldn't happen. People for the most part had at least some respect for grieving parents and dead children." ? The 1st amendment was never meant to be pretty, conformist, or non-confrontational.

Are you a US citizen?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 01:57:17 PM »
It's cool if Alex Jones get sued for stating an opinion (no matter how far fetched) but don't criticize some halfwit teenager that tries to force his opinion or you'll be boycotted and have your reputation smeared all over the media.
This is how the liberals work, OK for them, not so much for anyone else.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
Are you a US citizen?

Yes, and if you are going to start with some "good old days, proper decorum" should negate 1st Amendment rights horseshit argument, save it for your sewing circle sister.

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/17/603223968/sandy-hook-parents-sue-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-over-claim-shooting-was-fa

Glad to hear it. He is a vile creature and deserves what he gets. Telling anyone who will listen that the parents of dead kids are crisis actors... and that their kids weren't murdered. How does he sleep at night?

I think the crisis actor stories are growing in fact.How do you explain the same people at a major shooting or terror attack?

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 02:48:33 PM »
It's cool if Alex Jones get sued for stating an opinion (no matter how far fetched) but don't criticize some halfwit teenager that tries to force his opinion or you'll be boycotted and have your reputation smeared all over the media.
This is how the liberals work, OK for them, not so much for anyone else.
Too dumb to see the difference?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
Q

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 02:52:54 PM »
its complicit...

Both, like the guy who let Jimmy continue to crack corn.  He didn't care.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 02:54:46 PM »
Too dumb to see the difference?
Too blind to make the connection?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »
I think the crisis actor stories are growing in fact.How do you explain the same people at a major shooting or terror attack?

You'd have to ask how it'd be explained from the other angle, as well.  It would seem to make less sense that way than the other.

Careful of the content you accept as real.  Almost all "conspiracy" sites are actually counter-measured.  With an ability to direct attention being so easy, due to near-total control over search methods, it's a simpler job than you'd imagine.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 03:56:46 PM »
Jones is a moron that's one thing for certain. No idea how he got so popular.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 04:02:28 PM »
Agnostic, I remember you mentioning that he was a customer at your store.  If it'd been a different time and you had the opportunity to tell him off: would you?

Imo, he's a fake.  He's the MSM "conspiracy guy" who tells the real story of his objective by what he says versus what he doesn't say.  It's interesting, and funny, that "real or fake" is made clearer by him as he tries to do the opposite.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 04:03:06 PM »
You'd have to ask how it'd be explained from the other angle, as well.  It would seem to make less sense that way than the other.

Careful of the content you accept as real.  Almost all "conspiracy" sites are actually counter-measured.  With an ability to direct attention being so easy, due to near-total control over search methods, it's a simpler job than you'd imagine.

Conspiracy theory that conspiracy theory sites conspire to control us.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
Conspiracy theory that conspiracy theory sites conspire to control us.

Hey, works like a charm.

Maybe you have a better idea?   :P

But in all seriousness, it's the way of business as we know it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »
Agnostic, I remember you mentioning that he was a customer at your store.  If it'd been a different time and you had the opportunity to tell him off: would you?

Imo, he's a fake.  He's the MSM "conspiracy guy" who tells the real story of his objective by what he says versus what he doesn't say.  It's interesting, and funny, that "real or fake" is made clearer by him as he tries to do the opposite.

When I knew him his big deal was black helicopters and martial law. He was also anti cop. I took it all with a grain of salt because of the nature of the business I was in. Stupid people are going to be stupid people. But I think it is certainly a notch lower, far lower when you specifically are saying that children shot down in a school and grieving parents are fake and crisis actors. Being a parent myself, I empathize with them. and yes, if I were to run into him today, I would let him know I consider him a low life for doing that. 

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:36 PM »
The behavior of the alleged parent laughing and joking before getting into character is one of the things that's hard to explain in the sandy hook incident. There are several other details that don't add up with the whole incident. I don't know if it's fake or not but if I had a child that was just killed in a school shooting I wouldn't be jiving around before an interview