Author Topic: RIP Avicii  (Read 13018 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: RIP Avicii
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »
Wasn't he a legit 705 raw bench presser?  Oh wait... that's Ted Arcidi.  Never mind.

Yes and used to train with him. Oh yeah wrong guy. ;)

Still run into Ted now and again in NH.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »
Dude must have been drinking a shit ton of booze or just bad genetics. Being a bartender I remember a regular at a bar I was working at, his name was Mike everyone called him "New York Mike" (he was originally from NY) anyway, my first night working there, this guy is at my bar top and he orders a double GreyGoose Orange, I make it...10 minutes later he asks for another double GreyGoose Orange and I make it, 10 minutes later he asks for another one....now I'm worrying about this guy, so I grab my manager and tell him the situation, he explains to me that this is normal for NY Mike and not to worry. Anyway, I get to know this guy while I worked there, he was literally the movie Leaving Las Vegas Nick Cage character in real life. Guy lost his job, late 40's no wife or kids, and decided to say fuck it and drink himself to a slow death, not sure if he is still alive I worked at that bar about 4 years, he was there everyday, drank a minimum of 10 drinks a day, most days more. Seemed to be alright, looked ok, I mean looked healthier than a lot of these bodybuilders in there 20's and 30's posted here. The dude would be outside the bar waiting for the owner to show up and open the doors, and an employee would have to drive him home everynight (this was before Uber) I drove him home many times, at that time I had a Mustang convertible and for laughs I would put the top down and blast the Rocky soundtrack (he used to bust my balls for working out all the time) while I drove him to his house. So this Avicci guy must have been doing some hardcore drinking, probably had one hell of a time before he got sick. Rip he had some good music.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 08:50:36 PM »
Dude must have been drinking a shit ton of booze or just bad genetics. Being a bartender I remember a regular at a bar I was working at, his name was Mike everyone called him "New York Mike" (he was originally from NY) anyway, my first night working there, this guy is at my bar top and he orders a double GreyGoose Orange, I make it...10 minutes later he asks for another double GreyGoose Orange and I make it, 10 minutes later he asks for another one....now I'm worrying about this guy, so I grab my manager and tell him the situation, he explains to me that this is normal for NY Mike and not to worry. Anyway, I get to know this guy while I worked there, he was literally the movie Leaving Las Vegas Nick Cage character in real life. Guy lost his job, late 40's no wife or kids, and decided to say fuck it and drink himself to a slow death, not sure if he is still alive I worked at that bar about 4 years, he was there everyday, drank a minimum of 10 drinks a day, most days more. Seemed to be alright, looked ok, I mean looked healthier than a lot of these bodybuilders in there 20's and 30's posted here. The dude would be outside the bar waiting for the owner to show up and open the doors, and an employee would have to drive him home everynight (this was before Uber) I drove him home many times, at that time I had a Mustang convertible and for laughs I would put the top down and blast the Rocky soundtrack (he used to bust my balls for working out all the time) while I drove him to his house. So this Avicci guy must have been doing some hardcore drinking, probably had one hell of a time before he got sick. Rip he had some good music.

good bro story

bartender = part time psychologist too.

i assume bad genetics. so many high school kids drink from 16-23 like non stop. i mean non stop (I lived both sides of the coin near midwest hillbillies and went to ASU (huge party school back in the day) and never knew anyone got kidney or liver issues. and i ran with the shity kids for the most part too.

had to be bad genetics but stress, other drugs, no norm, the loud music, the drama, jetleg did him in

the lifestyle as a whole - like when dudes with HIV go AIDS real quick. i used to hear the super hard/fast lifestyle would speed up the process.. all the freakin stress

be back

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 11:54:31 PM »

esfitness approved...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
I knew a kid from my area he was a few years older than me at the time. He died in his early 20's from liver failure from drinking. Dr told him to quit but he never did till it was way too late.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2018, 06:20:47 AM »

good bro story

bartender = part time psychologist too.

i assume bad genetics. so many high school kids drink from 16-23 like non stop. i mean non stop (I lived both sides of the coin near midwest hillbillies and went to ASU (huge party school back in the day) and never knew anyone got kidney or liver issues. and i ran with the shity kids for the most part too.

had to be bad genetics but stress, other drugs, no norm, the loud music, the drama, jetleg did him in

the lifestyle as a whole - like when dudes with HIV go AIDS real quick. i used to hear the super hard/fast lifestyle would speed up the process.. all the freakin stress
ASU must have been an amazing time! I also drank everyday while in college, but it wasn't excessive amounts a few beers and a few shots were all I needed to get a good buzz. But another crazy thing about this customer NY Mike, when he would be waiting outside for the bar to open, we would set up the bar, he would come in and his hand would be shaking as I would serve him that first drink, when you get the shakes thats when you know theres a real problem.
esfitness approved...
;D

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 06:59:43 AM »

Esf bought this account?

be back

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2018, 07:37:38 AM »
Esf bought this account?

no, hes in hospital again, his arms like a fucking balloon...

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 08:00:08 AM »
Avicii was super gay!!! Die in peace you asshole!
MIRAGETROPIN

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 08:08:44 AM »
I really feel sorry for poor Avicii....he had such a hard life!
Imagine the stress of earning 1 million euros after tax per year.

And travelling to such horrific destinations every month!

Surrounding yourself with coke sniffing losers

Maybe this DJ boy should ask people in India who live on the streets about what a tough life is really like....or people in Syria who have survived chemical attacks...

Swedisch wanker

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2018, 10:38:24 AM »
Really?

be back

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2018, 12:15:48 PM »

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »
Wasn't he a legit 705 raw bench presser?  Oh wait... that's Ted Arcidi.  Never mind.

and he's still alive  ;D

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »
 ???

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »
Verne Troyer died too
Q

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »

Link to thread?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 08:55:24 AM »
Who...?

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »
When I was a kid I worked at an awesome pizzeria.
It was a great concept.  It had pizza and a video store to go.  So you could order pizza, cheesesteaks and the latest movie (even had a blue movie room--and yes, we'd deliver that too).

The owner was a seriously talented musician.  Had graduated Curtis and played piano internationally.  But he drank himself to death.  Very sad.

be back

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »

I'd say heavy drinking, drugs, lousy diet and stress. People associate pancreatitis with alcoholism, but drug abuse and unhealthy diet will ruin your pancreas too. I doubt drinking was his only problem. Filthy rich young guy, working crazy hours, surrounded by people partying on drugs and I'm supposed to believe he was just an alcoholic?  ::)

Sure "bad genetics" might have been factor too. Then again, maybe we shouldn't be comparing him to the lucky (few?) who seem to "get away" with it for decades.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2018, 10:37:31 AM »
Real men wear posing trunks on stage not hide behind audio equipment pffffff

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:32 AM »

Yes, a great musician gone far too soon. 

Musician?? lmfao which musical instruments did he play???  Mac book and a turn table??

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2018, 10:46:07 AM »
What is an "avicii"?

He wanted a MySpace account myspace.com/TimBergling but it was taken. Then he heard a buddhist term from a friend called Avici, but myspace.com/avici was taken too. So, he added an extra letter i and his myspace account would therefore be Avicii. So, intentional misspelling. Obviously he had no clue at that point he'd become super famous overnight.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:26 AM »
I really feel sorry for poor Avicii....he had such a hard life!
Imagine the stress of earning 1 million euros after tax per year.

And travelling to such horrific destinations every month!

Surrounding yourself with coke sniffing losers

Maybe this DJ boy should ask people in India who live on the streets about what a tough life is really like....or people in Syria who have survived chemical attacks...

Swedisch wanker

Think he made over $30m from that one song (wake me up). Had a $24m mansion in LA.