Author Topic: RIP Avicii  (Read 13105 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: RIP Avicii
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2018, 12:05:25 PM »
dang so he got pancreatitis from hard living

any recent pics of him?

I believe I was 21 as well, maybe 20 first time I got acute pancreatitis. Had it again maybe four or five times since then. Two of the times I didn't even know I had it and was told when I was in the hospital for alcohol withdrawal.

Never understood why wealthy people drank. I never drank because I enjoyed it, I drank to self-medicate and alcohol was always available when other stuff wasn't. If I could've gotten Xanax or klonopin I'd much rather take that. Never abused or had any addiction to benzos,& never developed a tolerance to them, but alcohol my tolerance skyrocketed pretty quick and got to the point where I needed medical detox whenever I started/stopped, even if it was only for a week.

be back

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
I believe I was 21 as well, maybe 20 first time I got acute pancreatitis. Had it again maybe four or five times since then. Two of the times I didn't even know I had it and was told when I was in the hospital for alcohol withdrawal.

Never understood why wealthy people drank. I never drank because I enjoyed it, I drank to self-medicate and alcohol was always available when other stuff wasn't. If I could've gotten Xanax or klonopin I'd much rather take that. Never abused or had any addiction to benzos,& never developed a tolerance to them, but alcohol my tolerance skyrocketed pretty quick and got to the point where I needed medical detox whenever I started/stopped, even if it was only for a week.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2018, 01:41:47 PM »
Avicii means Attention Whore in Latin   :)

I think DJs are vastly overrated anyway. Lousy static shows, pathetic hand and arm movements to the (drugged) crowd

I have never seen an artist of say Marvin Gaye / Prince / Stevie Wonder / David Bowie caliber emerging from the DJ scene....

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2018, 03:27:48 PM »
Wasn't he a legit 705 raw bench presser?  Oh wait... that's Ted Arcidi.  Never mind.

Wasn’t raw. HTH.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2018, 04:23:34 PM »

I think DJs are vastly overrated anyway. Lousy static shows, pathetic hand and arm movements to the (drugged) crowd

I have never seen an artist of say Marvin Gaye / Prince / Stevie Wonder / David Bowie caliber emerging from the DJ scene...

All required a producer, which is what djs are these days. Look at American Idol... Worlds full of people who can sing, but if they don't have somebody making the music, tjeyre gonna be nobody's.

And ppl complain ing that djs arnt musicians? So what. They make the music.. they come up with the baselines, hi's low's mids where the vocals come in how the vocals sound, pitch, key, etc etc etc.. It's their ear & their ideas

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2018, 04:29:15 PM »
Not my type of music but sad nonetheless.
L

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2018, 04:31:53 PM »
All required a producer, which is what djs are these days. Look at American Idol... Worlds full of people who can sing, but if they don't have somebody making the music, tjeyre gonna be nobody's.

And ppl complain ing that djs arnt musicians? So what. They make the music.. they come up with the baselines, hi's low's mids where the vocals come in how the vocals sound, pitch, key, etc etc etc.. It's their ear & their ideas

You’re a loser addict retard.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »

Not all, Prince never worked with a producer. I’m not sure about the other guys but I know Stevie Wonder produced some of his own work too.

be back

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »
if you don't use vinyl and technics decks you are not a dj

anyone can mix on a pc

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2018, 01:34:13 AM »
if you don't use vinyl and technics decks you are not a dj

anyone can mix on a pc

Sounds like anyone/everyone is a DJ these days.
Q

be back

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2018, 01:37:48 AM »
Sounds like anyone/everyone is a DJ these days.
a lot of djs these days prerecord their sets and just go and play them, they just fuck about and pretend to adjust the dials and buttons.

there is a video on youtube of Sasha (big UK dj) playing a set, its a simple base beat with hardly any variation and hes all over the mixing console twisting at pushing buttons, what hes supposed to be doing is beyond me..

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2018, 02:01:17 AM »

In between DJ's being off their rocker or jumping around on stage all the time, the only thing they actually do is press play and sometimes crank up the volume. Steve Aoki is a great example of a talentless hack.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2018, 03:03:47 AM »

If you ever taste portuguese wines, you will understand why, my friend.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2018, 03:04:49 AM »

I have never seen an artist of say Marvin Gaye / Prince / Stevie Wonder / David Bowie caliber emerging from the DJ scene....

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2018, 10:18:37 AM »
Yes and used to train with him. Oh yeah wrong guy. ;)

Still run into Ted now and again in NH.

Ted's a good friend of mine for 20+ years now, attend each others family functions, etc...
Great guy...

This Avicii clown, never heard of him or that shitty type of "music"...

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »
These DJs are throwaway “artists” of Generation Nothingness.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2018, 05:46:47 AM »

Ive had pancreatitus too... But i was never a drinker.

I heard he was into opiates? Damn he must have been a very hardcore drinker if he died at 28! If it was even pancreatit.
MIRAGETROPIN

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2018, 06:52:48 AM »
You’re a loser addict retard.

Coming from a grown man who admits to jerking off to young girls, funny.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2018, 06:54:15 AM »
Not all, Prince never worked with a producer. I’m not sure about the other guys but I know Stevie Wonder produced some of his own work too.

Then prince did the job. Its still a skill

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2018, 06:57:26 AM »

I understand shit like that, beer and a burger, wine with pasta, etc.. I mean drinking to the point of death. Guys like him sent drinking wine all day. They're drinking booze.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2018, 07:45:57 AM »

Those are artist from 40 years ago........

While I agree (a bit) I have been to Tiesto's Picotto,Sinclar etc at their peak some 15 years ago and while remixes and music in general was Good (if you like electronic music) I couldn't get the euphoria,  it was just them djs behind computers and some turntables  ...maybe was all programmed pre-recorded while Tiesto was doing NOTHING and laughing at the huge crowd that paid $$$$$$$$$$ 

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   Pet SHop Boys remixes try it while cardio bitches 

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2018, 09:00:17 AM »
Played and lost...boo hoo.
T

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2018, 05:55:10 PM »
Then prince did the job. Its still a skill

It is, but producing music really isn’t that hard for highly talented individuals like Prince, Stevie Wonder, Bowie, McCarthy, George Michael etc etc. It’s just a lot of work most brilliant artists would rather outsource. I know Prince used the phrase “real music by real musicians” in concert I think he was being narrow minded. Probably just an ego thing really.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2018, 07:24:37 PM »

ACTUALLY....

avicii = I died  ;D ;D

https://mymemory.translated.net/en/Latin/English/avicii

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2018, 12:41:12 AM »
would have been coke and everything else as well, would be hard to blow out the liver that young without throwing them in the mix, 10 doubles a day is heavy drinking, but benders kill these guys 48-72 hours of just booze and coke, then valium xanex oxy to help with the drop. talented guy real waste.