Author Topic: Prince: Lady Cab Driver  (Read 12555 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Prince: Lady Cab Driver
« on: April 21, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »
Remix
[/youtube]

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Prince: Lady Cab Driver
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 06:07:10 PM »
Remix
[/youtube]

That was actually pretty good , thanks for sharing  8)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »
That was actually pretty good , thanks for sharing  8)
Found it when looking for his 1982 Live Detroit show.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 08:33:54 PM »
Q

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 10:59:24 PM »
Remix
[/youtube]

I love when they drop Erotic City on the radio.  Was it Vanity, Susan or Jill Jones who did the hooks in the song?

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 04:56:41 AM »
I love when they drop Erotic City on the radio.  Was it Vanity, Susan or Jill Jones who did the hooks in the song?

Sheila E

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 05:00:44 AM »
Good music

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 05:15:38 AM »
There will never be another Prince.  Can't wait for some vintage compilations from his best years to be released. Has it been two years since he passed?  If so, it's time to drop a posthumous album.  I saw him in concert during the Lovesexy tour.  I have 22 Prince albums going all the way back to For You in 1978.  Can anyone here beat that?

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 05:39:18 AM »
There will never be another Prince.  Can't wait for some vintage compilations from his best years to be released. Has it been two years since he passed?  If so, it's time to drop a posthumous album.  I saw him in concert during the Lovesexy tour.  I have 22 Prince albums going all the way back to For You in 1978.  Can anyone here beat that?

I too saw him on that tour in NYC. I still have my ticket stub. I don't know how many albums/cds I have without going to count, but I've been a real fan for the past 32 years. (I'm 49)

Dirty Mind is one of the best song's in my opinion. The live version from the Detroit show is great too. Uptown, with the amazing bass line, is always  a good choice too, but for me Dirty Mind captures Old school Prince.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 09:13:50 AM »

I cannot beat that.
But I have liked him since Purple Rain.  I was 8 years old.
My favorite color is purple due to him and Jimi. 
2 of the greatest guitarists ever.  Jimi was better, but Prince is up there.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »

be back

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 12:02:51 PM »
I too saw him on that tour in NYC. I still have my ticket stub. I don't know how many albums/cds I have without going to count, but I've been a real fan for the past 32 years. (I'm 49)

Dirty Mind is one of the best song's in my opinion. The live version from the Detroit show is great too. Uptown, with the amazing bass line, is always  a good choice too, but for me Dirty Mind captures Old school Prince.

I liked all his earlier stuff, went a bit too poppy later

Saw him in concert in Birmingham in the late 80s early 90s

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »

I believe Jill Jones did them for Lady Cab Driver, as far as the rest, I have to look them up.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 11:32:21 PM »
I saw his Diamond and Pearls concert in Melbourne Australia in the 90’s. One of my fav artists of all time. The world is a sadder place without him.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 05:29:47 PM »
Did you know Prince owned a private island retreat in Turks and Caicos . . . complete with purple driveway?  It is now up for auction.

The Mediterranean-style home, with its red tile roof and pale stucco facade, spans 10,000 square feet, with six bedrooms and six bathrooms...

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/96281-prince-s-turks-and-caicos-estate-heads-to-auction

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »
I love how The Joker had an unreleased Prince album to enjoy during his tenure as the crime boss of Gotham's underworld.  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 07:40:04 PM »
Did you know Prince owned a private island retreat in Turks and Caicos . . . complete with purple driveway?  It is now up for auction.

The Mediterranean-style home, with its red tile roof and pale stucco facade, spans 10,000 square feet, with six bedrooms and six bathrooms...

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/96281-prince-s-turks-and-caicos-estate-heads-to-auction
Damn!!! This is like the perfect get-away.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 09:14:18 PM »
Damn!!! This is like the perfect get-away.

Guessed he had some other place than that 90's looking Studio-complex!  ;D

I'd go mad living in that place! So barren and no soul at all.
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 09:14:59 PM »

I know now! Thanks Bay!

That's just great!
Q

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »

My oldest sister still has the VHS player and original Purple Rain VHS tape she received for her birthday in 1984. I can't confirm the # of records she has though. 

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 02:14:05 PM »

I can.  :P Probably got about 40 albums, basically every official release. Also 100+ bootlegs. Used to own a few rarities, like an official The Undertaker disc, actually had 2 of them. Sold them on eBay for $200 each back in the early 2000's. They're probably worth a lot more now.

Saw him in concert in 1992, 1995, twice in 1998 + afterparty gig and in 2011 at the North Sea Jazz Festival. Also been to Paisley Park for a release party (The Rainbow Children).

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »
Prince and Michael Jackson beef

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 02:04:13 AM »
Prince and Michael Jackson beef

Excellent piece but Prince working with modern rapper icons is just foolish. Jackson wasn't a classical musician.  What the hell was Prince going to do with dudes who specialized in 4 track recordings and premade beats? 

He did collabs when he was in the fun mood.  ;D