Author Topic: North, South Korea agree on denuclearization of peninsula  (Read 23049 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: North, South Korea agree on denuclearization of peninsula
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 07:18:50 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/27/north-south-korea-agree-on-denuclearization-peninsula-after-historic-meeting.html

#MAGA

Foreign policy, diplomacy, whatever you want to call it...if Trump could bring those 2 sides together it would be the greatest success of our lifetimes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:25 AM »
NBC News ^ | April 27, 2018 | by Keith Koffler
Posted on 04/27/2018 6:25:13 AM PDT by Oldeconomybuyer

It is a dangerous world, dominated by outsized personalities who act aggressively on behalf of their nations, including not hesitating to threaten — and even engage in — war.

Fortunately, one is President Donald Trump.

History - and in particular, the American voter - has a way of calling forth the right person to lead at the right time. Trump is a flawed man; self-indulgent, megalomaniacal, a bit paranoid, driven by self-interest and implacably domineering. But these “flaws” also make him a big character, and as he prepares to confront Kim and the other great tyrants of the age, Americans can feel assured that they have chosen the right man for the moment.

The formidable FBI Director James Comey found out he had been fired through a television report. His new memoir seems preachy, whiny and self-justifying — and includes petty, mean-girl hits on Trump. Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, the former Exxon executive who had already himself been marginalized and diminished, was reportedly on the toilet when he found out he’d been cashiered.

These indignities were the crass work of an uncouth man. But voters eschewed elegance because, they calculated, a blunt and even predatory individual is what the country needed at this moment. A man who, Kim, Xi, Khamenei and Putin will all suspect, might just be brutal and dark enough to stand his ground against them and counter their own ruthless agendas.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/27/north-south-korea-agree-on-denuclearization-peninsula-after-historic-meeting.html

#MAGA

Totally misleading title. In fact I'd call it FAKE NEWS

SK and NK have NOT agreed on denuclearization

Doesn't surprise me at all the Faux News would print that and that a Trumptard would post it here

All the article says is that they agreed to work toward a nuclear-free Korean peninsula

That's like your obese friend saying they are going on a diet and then you claiming they've already lost all the weight

or

like a couple that is separated agreeing to work on their marriage and try to get back together.  That's not the same as them being back together.

BTW - Before the Trumptards all start screaming "unfair" this has nothing to do with Trump.  This is about Faux News not understanding basic grammar or just flat out lying

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »

Doesn't surprise me at all the Faux News would print that and that a Trumptard would post it here

All the article says is that they agreed to work toward a nuclear-free Korean peninsula

That's like your obese friend saying they are going on a diet and then you claiming they've already lost all the weight

or

like a couple that is separated agreeing to work on their marriage and try to get back together.  That's not the same as them being back together.

BTW - Before the Trumptards all start screaming "unfair" this has nothing to do with Trump.  This is about Faux News not understanding basic grammar or just flat out lying

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 10:09:34 AM »
A good day for the USA is a terrible day for libfags. 

or

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
As usual, the Confederacy of Dunces on this board can't refute one thing I've said

Once again, North and South Korea have NOT agreed on denuclearization

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
As usual, the Confederacy of Dunces on this board can't refute one thing I've said

Not yet. Trump will "seal the deal" at the summit.
a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 12:47:09 PM »

Not even an ounce of acknowledgement for the most progress we have seen in decades??

Man, you guys are hardcore!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »
Not yet. Trump will "seal the deal" at the summit.

More likely to fuck it up more than anything else and that's if they actually have a summit

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »

or

:)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 01:39:23 PM »
This is stunning.  Absolutely no way this happens if Clinton was POTUS.  

LOL - Absolutely no way to know that

I find it hilarious that Trumptards are giving Trump credit

I guess they don't think that China or South Korea had anything to do with this

The irony of course is that China and South Korea have been doing ALL of the work and Trump has done literally nothing other than accept and invitation for a future meeting

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
Foreign policy, diplomacy, whatever you want to call it...if Trump could bring those 2 sides together it would be the greatest success of our lifetimes.

I'd go with the fall of the Berlin wall or the collapse of the Soviet Union, but this could be the event of this century, young as it is.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »

The irony of course is that China and South Korea have been doing ALL of the work and Trump has done literally nothing other than accept and invitation for a future meeting

Ah hell, I was expecting an "atta boy" or "good job"

LOL. So bitter.  :)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
I'd go with the fall of the Berlin wall or the collapse of the Soviet Union, but this could be the event of this century, young as it is.

Yeah I didn't think about those. Excellent point.

Talk about a potential economic and political powerhouse too.

If the South can bring the North in over time with their embrace of Capitalism. Watch out.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 02:33:08 PM »

a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 03:16:08 PM »

fair point

Please detail exactly what he did at that meeting and how (if at all) was he involved in coordinating the meeting yesterday between NK and SK

looking forward to hearing those details and will give credit as due

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »

If the South can bring the North in over time with their embrace of Capitalism. Watch out.

This is a few years old - and it is comparing kimchi to sauerkraut - but it points to a generation-long period of adjustment.  The Communists would have to step aside, though, which seems unlikely.  Prove me wrong, Lil' Kim, prove me wrong.

"Eastern Germany’s GDP per head is still only 67% of that in western Germany; its unemployment rate is still markedly higher. Yet full convergence between east and west is not a fair benchmark. The remaining east-west divide is now no more pronounced than the socio-economic fault lines that cross Belgium, Italy or Spain. That surely counts as success."

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2015/10/daily-chart-comparing-eastern-and-western-germany

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 03:42:30 PM »

I am on the verge of buying a MAGA hat.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 04:27:44 PM »
I am on the verge of buying a MAGA hat.   :)

Maybe you should wait until Trump actually does something

NK is still holding 3 American citizens. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »
Maybe you should wait until Trump actually does something

NK is still holding 3 American citizens. 

We can only hope they don't take sleeping pills or contract botulism. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
fair point

Please detail exactly what he did at that meeting and how (if at all) was he involved in coordinating the meeting yesterday between NK and SK

looking forward to hearing those details and will give credit as due

I'll be sure to rub it into your fat face as soon as details about that meeting is written in the history books.
a

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 05:34:08 PM »
I am on the verge of buying a MAGA hat.   :)

That would make you a Racist, Russian, Nazi, homo hating, Bigot and prompt liberal losers to attack you (justified)
K