Author Topic: Kashi Cereal - I get terrible gas from it?  (Read 4397 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Kashi Cereal - I get terrible gas from it?
« on: May 21, 2018, 03:43:43 AM »
Man, anytime I eat any type of Kashi cereal I have terrible gas. Worse than if I drink protein shakes. I used to only think it was the Go Lean Crunch but I switched it up and still the same problem. Any of y'all experience that?

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Kashi cereal and gas
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 05:39:34 AM »
My friend does. I haven't.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:56:49 AM »
That shit is awful as far as gas goes, I could clear out a room about 2 hours after a bowl

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:09:26 AM »
Yep.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:14:06 AM »
Man, anytime I eat any type of Kashi cereal I have terrible gas. Worse than if I drink protein shakes. I used to only think it was the Go Lean Crunch but I switched it up and still the same problem. Any of y'all experience that?
identify which kashi cereal you are eating. The Cinnamon Harvest is good.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:19:28 AM »
identify which kashi cereal you are eating. The Cinnamon Harvest is good.

That's the one I switched to I'm pretty sure. It's some type of cinnamon flavor.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
That shit is awful as far as gas goes, I could clear out a room about 2 hours after a bowl
overpriced overrated its the grape nuts of this erra
p

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 12:56:28 PM »
confession

i love having terrible gas  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »

Nope. I sprinkle it over yogurt to up the protein.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 01:11:08 PM »
overpriced overrated its the grape nuts of this erra

Not if you like the way it tastes.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
-New product. I'm going to give it a try. Kashi Golean Crunch Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal

This has 12 g of protein.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
I USED TO EAT IT ALL THE TIME AND RECENTLY I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME DIGESTIVE STRESS ISSUES ,WENT TO DR ,BLOOD/STOOL TEST OK,I LIKE TO FILL IN SNACKS OR CEREAL WITJ KASHI IN THE PAST,I BOUGHT PB AND THE CHOC CRUNCH AND THE OATMEAL COOKIES FOR SNACK AND I BLEW UP WITH GAS TENFOLD BAD..LOWER PAIN .IT HAS MANY FORMS OF FIBER IN THERE MANY GRAINS THROWN IN,I DID LIKE THEM AT THE TIME.I WENT ON ALIGN PROBIOTIC FOR SHORT TERM I USED IT FOR 2 MONTHS BUT I FELT THAT WAS HURTING ME TOO...I'VE HAD TOUGH TIME RECENTLY SINCE MY PERSONAL LIFE HAS CHANGED AND I'VE BURIED TOO MUCH AND NOW MY STOMACH SUCKS..

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
-New product. I'm going to give it a try. Kashi Golean Crunch Peanut Butter Breakfast Cereal

This has 12 g of protein.

10 g sugar + sugar from milk is almost your daily amount..........
K

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
10 g sugar + sugar from milk is almost your daily amount..........

For men 36 g is the recommended amount for men. It is less for women. Guess I am over the recommendation at breakfast. Greek Gods honey yogurt = 33 g, cereal = 13 g - 7 g (I only have a half serving). Add to that a glass of orange juice @ 22 g and half and half in my 2 cups of coffee @ 2 g. The grand total is 63 g. Guess my healthy breakfast isn't so healthy after all.  :( and :o

I've never thought about my daily sugar intake, which must be through the roof. Scotch, ice-cream, chocolate or fruit, veggies, condiments and protein drinks are all mainstay foods for me. I question why it is so easy for me to maintain or lose weight. I must be even more hyper than I thought.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 04:37:57 PM »
I USED TO EAT IT ALL THE TIME AND RECENTLY I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME DIGESTIVE STRESS ISSUES ,WENT TO DR ,BLOOD/STOOL TEST OK,I LIKE TO FILL IN SNACKS OR CEREAL WITJ KASHI IN THE PAST,I BOUGHT PB AND THE CHOC CRUNCH AND THE OATMEAL COOKIES FOR SNACK AND I BLEW UP WITH GAS TENFOLD BAD..LOWER PAIN .IT HAS MANY FORMS OF FIBER IN THERE MANY GRAINS THROWN IN,I DID LIKE THEM AT THE TIME.I WENT ON ALIGN PROBIOTIC FOR SHORT TERM I USED IT FOR 2 MONTHS BUT I FELT THAT WAS HURTING ME TOO...I'VE HAD TOUGH TIME RECENTLY SINCE MY PERSONAL LIFE HAS CHANGED AND I'VE BURIED TOO MUCH AND NOW MY STOMACH SUCKS..

THE WIFE LEAVE YOU? HOW ARE THE KIDS HANDLING IT? STILL TRAINING?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »

Stress and anxiety are big factors in stomach issues. Stifling your emotions is a recipe for disaster. You can only do that for so long. Eventually, they will erupt like a volcano on the island of Hawaii. Find someone you trust to talk to about your feelings. This will really help you let go of issues that are bothering you or at least give them some perspective.

"People who have stress-related problems with digestion often benefit from relaxation therapies such as yoga, meditation, hypnosis, progressive muscle relaxation, mental imaging, biofeedback, and even music."  Chris Iliades, MD

You're a good man. You deserve better than this.  

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »
It's the Chicory root in that cereal.. That is what's messing you up.  Stay away from this type of fiber and you'll be fine..

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 08:54:38 PM »
This will prevent toxic feminism.  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
Prime ur right,I'm better,I'm stressed at work,kids,life,but I'm feeling better,getting of probiotic align cr ap was all I needed

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »
THE WIFE LEAVE YOU? HOW ARE THE KIDS HANDLING IT? STILL TRAINING?
Yes ,,ok ,and of course

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 08:25:00 PM »
Sorry to hear you've hit a rough patch.  The wife and I are currently at a crossroads.  We've grown apart, have very little in common (except for the kids, which is huge) and don't particularly like each other any more.  I know where I come up short and am willing to give it my all, but my gut tells me I'm only here for the kids and finances. I know I'll never marry again.  Never live with another woman either.  I never again want to be responsible for someone elses happiness/entertainment save for my kids.  I make far more money than her and don't want my kids to be deprived of anything.  Best of luck to you in all areas of your life.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 05:57:12 AM »
Yes ,,ok ,and of course

Hold the line.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 06:18:02 AM »
It's processed shit, full of wheat and gluten.  Of course you're having dugestive issues.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 06:24:50 AM »
Thanks guys..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 03:20:15 PM »
Sorry to hear you've hit a rough patch.  The wife and I are currently at a crossroads.  We've grown apart, have very little in common (except for the kids, which is huge) and don't particularly like each other any more.  I know where I come up short and am willing to give it my all, but my gut tells me I'm only here for the kids and finances. I know I'll never marry again.  Never live with another woman either.  I never again want to be responsible for someone elses happiness/entertainment save for my kids.  I make far more money than her and don't want my kids to be deprived of anything.  Best of luck to you in all areas of your life.

You are not responsible for someone else's happiness. It is also not your obligation to entertain others, if you don't desire to. Anyway, how can you convincingly do this, if your heart isn't in it?

To state that you'll never marry or even live with another woman again is very telling about your present situation. You are in a bad place if you honestly feel this way. Never say never.

Everyone "comes up short" occasionally. We're human; humans aren't infallible. In a relationship, each party should be willing to give !00%. Remember willingness is not the same as accomplishment. Your gut feelings are what you believe is expected of you. Obligations alone cannot be a reason to stay in an unhappy relationship.

I feel extremely lucky to have enjoyed 52 years of marriage to a wonderful woman. We had rough times, just like most folks do. If I were able to live my life over, I'd want to do it with my late wife by my side and I'd try to be a better husband than I was. My son and daughter found wonderful life partners and are enjoying their long term marriages. -Son's been married for nearly 30 years and my daughter for 24. None of my friends or siblings stayed married to their original spouses. My sister is working on her 5th marriage.