Author Topic: Southern Baptist leader fired for advising abused wives to pray and deal with it  (Read 3130 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
https://www.yahoo.com/news/southern-baptist-leader-said-abused-120011599.html

Do these men think wives are their property? WTF.

GOD only knows the disgrace that will follow her from leaving an abusive husband. ::)

Politics how?
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Politics how?
You really have to be a full blown idiot, no offense, to ask how politics and religion are related.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
You really have to be a full blown idiot, no offense, to ask how politics and religion are related.

Here is wisdom if you have the ability to suppress your ego to accept it.

The difference between a religion and a cult is the latter lacks political power.  Even when I knew the Nazarene, I had no religion.  I had faith. There is a difference.  Religion is born of men. Faith, of God.  What have you got?

Answer:  Shit.

There is no God and I despise religion.   But I loathe those that hate the Nazarene and those that truly follow him for no other reason than their faith condemns them and if there is one thing a deviant despises it is to be reminded that they are a deviant. 

The weaklings are not those that have genuine faith in the Christ.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Here is wisdom if you have the ability to suppress your ego to accept it.

The difference between a religion and a cult is the latter lacks political power.  Even when I knew the Nazarene, I had no religion.  I had faith. There is a difference.  Religion is born of men. Faith, of God.  What have you got?

Answer:  Shit.

There is no God and I despise religion.   But I loathe those that hate the Nazarene and those that truly follow him for no other reason than their faith condemns them and if there is one thing a deviant despises it is to be reminded that they are a deviant. 

The weaklings are not those that have genuine faith in the Christ.

Off subject but I will answer your post. I have zero animosity against the average person who is religious. I do harbor animosity towards those who work to force their beliefs into my life or laws. I actually appreciate what Jesus taught. But I find most christians don't follow his teachings. If they did, this would be a better place.   

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Off subject but I will answer your post. I have zero animosity against the average person who is religious. I do harbor animosity towards those who work to force their beliefs into my life or laws. I actually appreciate what Jesus taught. But I find most christians don't follow his teachings. If they did, this would be a better place.   

I find most humans disgusting.  Forget we ever exchanged thoughts and I will do my best do the same. I am tired of nearly everything. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

I find most humans disgusting.  Forget we ever exchanged thoughts and I will do my best do the same. I am tired of nearly everything. 

I have two Yorkies.. If I had a choice of pulling them out of a burning building or 2 humans... I'm going for the yorkies. We don't know each other but if you ever want to talk private message. feel free to contact me. While I have my own issues, I have a huge appreciation for life. I know not everyone does.. and I'm a good listener 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
https://www.yahoo.com/news/southern-baptist-leader-said-abused-120011599.html

Do these men think wives are their property? WTF.

GOD only knows the disgrace that will follow her from leaving an abusive husband. ::)

Yes, they do.

Yes, you do.

falco

• Getbig V
If he said that, to abused MEN, nobody would give it a second look.

falco

• Getbig V
If a Muslim leader said that, and got fired, there would be riots in the streets, supporting the guy.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
If a Muslim leader said that, and got fired, there would be riots in the streets, supporting the guy.

If telling yourself that makes you feel better in some way, go for it.