Author Topic: Open question for all Trump supporters  (Read 3536 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Open question for all Trump supporters
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:02:23 PM »
I know how I feel about Trump and my views are well known on the forum.
I'd sincerely like to know how those on the "other side" think/feel.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Open question for all Trump supporters
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »

1. Everything

2. Nothing
a

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 03:06:04 PM »
Trump...

Good negotiator
Bad Twitterer

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:21:20 PM »
See Howard, you ARE capable of making a thread that is actually relevant to this subform and is not just some excuse to segway into one of your tedious, repetitive life stories that we've all heard 100 times before.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 03:37:50 PM »
K

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 06:00:34 PM »
1. Everything

2. Nothing

Unbelievably insightful.  This is what a typical Trump supporter has to say.  Basically you have no fucking clue so thats's all you can say.  Kind of like saying Hillary, Obama, etc.  Duh!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »
Unbelievably insightful.  This is what a typical Trump supporter has to say.  Basically you have no fucking clue so thats's all you can say.  Kind of like saying Hillary, Obama, etc.  Duh!

Irony.  Your response isn't insightful at all. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 09:20:36 PM »

I ask that question of my friends once in a while. what could Trump do that would cause you to stop singing his praises. The answer paraphrased is "as long as he remains rich, white, and hates minorities, I'm with him. If he uses the "N" word, I'll feign disgust for about a week until that passes, then I will continue to post fake memes in support.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
I know how I feel about Trump and my views are well known on the forum.
I'd sincerely like to know how those on the "other side" think/feel.

1. What personal aspects  of Trump's leadership as POTUS, do you like and/or admire?

2. What , if anything would need to happen for you to stop supporting him?

Thanks !

After a year and half what exact policies do you disagree with and why?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
I ask that question of my friends once in a while. what could Trump do that would cause you to stop singing his praises. The answer paraphrased is "as long as he remains rich, white, and hates minorities, I'm with him. If he uses the "N" word, I'll feign disgust for about a week until that passes, then I will continue to post fake memes in support.   
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
See Howard, you ARE capable of making a thread that is actually relevant to this subform and is not just some excuse to segway into one of your tedious, repetitive life stories that we've all heard 100 times before.

He’ll fuck it up somehow, watch

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 04:08:17 AM »

So you associate and make friends with racist, dishonest bastards?

62,984,828 Americans voted for Trump, and few of them are anything like your friends.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 04:28:50 AM »
::)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 04:29:19 AM »

what are fake memes?

god, you are such a boomer. fuck off and die.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 04:51:12 AM »
This is so simple - on the issues that matter - Trump is awesome and best in my lifetime thus far.  His enemies too signal too me all I need to know as well. 

What could he do to make me abandon him?  Amnesty for the Illegal Alien Nightmares, tax hikes, gun control stuff, etc.

Trump has been far better than I thought he would be as POTUS, the twitter stuff aside. 

What is really the alternative, communist democrats?   GTFO  - they can all go to hell.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 04:52:28 AM »
We all know what stuff he did, both good and bad.

I was curious  what Trump supporters (like you) admired about his leadership style.
That, and what (if anything) would need to happen to change your mind on him.

Thanks, Howard

Howard, why do you care that nearly 1/2 of all voters chose Trump over Hillary?  

Why would you want to change their mind?  Isn't that a little intolerant?  

Why are you such a Hillary evangelist?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 05:47:24 AM »
1. I'm trying to understand how Trump supporters think about the man.

2. I've often posted that Hillary is irrelevant now. This is about Trump's leadership style.
Why they dislike Hillary is a different topic.

3. I'm not trying to change minds or political opinions.
I simply want to know more about how OTHERS think ,that are different from me.

Okay.  So Trump made a bunch of promises to his supporters, and in very little time he has so far kept those promises.  What president or any other politician, from any country, in our lifetime has ever done that?

Those promises Trump made are very unpopular to the left, and because he actually kept them that makes him all the more unpopular to the left.

Now, why is it so hard to understand what it is Trump supporters like and admire about him?

What would change their mind?  I suppose turning back time and having Trump not keep the promises he made and so far kept.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 05:55:34 AM »
Trump wants the 'whole package' in an immigration deal....
washingtonexaminer ^ | 5/24/2018 | Melissa Quinn
Posted on 5/24/2018, 8:49:23 AM by caww

Trump stressed in a new interview that he still wants a "full package" immigration deal from Congress that includes funding for his border wall, an end to chain migration and the visa lottery system, and a permanent fix for current recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

He told Fox News host Brian Kilmeade that it's “time to get the whole package,” and stressed that border security is a key piece that he must have.

“Unless it includes a wall — and I mean a wall, a real wall — and unless it includes border security, there will be no approvals from me, because I have to either approve it or not,” Trump told Fox News in an interview that aired Thursday... the "full package" also includes limits to chain migration and ending the visa lottery.

“It's ridiculous. We’re going to change the system. We have no choice for the good of our country,” he said.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2018, 07:50:55 AM »
Agnostic revealing his racism quite a bit lately. Seems to bring up skin color more and more.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
Agnostic revealing his racism quite a bit lately. Seems to bring up skin color more and more.

He certainly admitted that he's a friend of racists.  

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 11:09:20 AM »
Okay.  So Trump made a bunch of promises to his supporters, and in very little time he has so far kept those promises.  What president or any other politician, from any country, in our lifetime has ever done that?

Those promises Trump made are very unpopular to the left, and because he actually kept them that makes him all the more unpopular to the left.

Now, why is it so hard to understand what it is Trump supporters like and admire about him?

What would change their mind?  I suppose turning back time and having Trump not keep the promises he made and so far kept.

The Promise: “They should build a safe zone. Take a big piece of land in Syria and they have plenty of land, believe me. Build a safe zone for all these people, because I have a heart, I mean these people, it’s horrible to watch, But, they shouldn’t come over here. We should build a safe zone.”
Update April 5th, 2018: No progress on building safe zones for Syrian refugees amidst troop withdrawal announcements

The Promise: “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”
Update February 14th, 2018: Administration revives previous proposal to cut Social Security disability programs

The Promise: “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”
Update February 14th, 2018: White House still wants Medicaid overhaul that would likely produce cuts

"If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."

“One of the first things I’d do in terms of executive order, if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that would go out to the country, out to the world, that anybody killing a police man, a police woman, a police officer, anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty is going to happen,”

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”   

“We're cutting Common Core. We're getting rid of Common Core. We're bringing education locally."

"A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)."

"A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections."

"I would defund it because of the abortion factor, which they say is 3 percent. I don't know what percentage it is. They say it's 3 percent. But I would defund it, because I'm pro-life."

"Immediately add an additional federal investment of $20 billion towards school choice."

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”

Speaking of ISIS, "We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people… we've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they (ISIS) are recruiting by the thousands, they are leaving our country and then when they come back, we take them back."

“I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding,”

“One of my first acts as president will be to establish a commission on radical Islam which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community who will hopefully work with us."

“We can provide six weeks of paid maternity leave to any mother with a newborn child whose employer does not provide the benefit.”

"Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system."

"Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate."

"Require price transparency from all health care providers, especially doctors and health care organizations like clinics and hospitals."

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.”

"A Trump Administration will also ensure that we start using American steel for American infrastructure." 

“I'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from Syria, as part of this mass migration, that if I win, if I win, they're going back.”

"Instruct the Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator."

We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt. ... Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.”

"I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”  :)

“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."

"The Trump plan will rewrite the tax code to allow working parents to deduct from their income taxes child care expenses for up to four children and elderly dependents."

"The Trump Plan will collapse the current seven tax brackets to three brackets."

"As part of this reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers."

"It can be done. ... It will take place and it will go relatively quickly.  ... If you have the right people, like, in the agencies and the various people that do the balancing ... you can cut the numbers by two pennies and three pennies and balance a budget quickly and have a stronger and better country."

"President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!"

"I won't have time to play golf"

While he has kept some promises, there are many he hasn't yet. Maybe he will before he leaves office.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 11:20:51 AM »
The Promise: “They should build a safe zone. Take a big piece of land in Syria and they have plenty of land, believe me. Build a safe zone for all these people, because I have a heart, I mean these people, it’s horrible to watch, But, they shouldn’t come over here. We should build a safe zone.”
Update April 5th, 2018: No progress on building safe zones for Syrian refugees amidst troop withdrawal announcements

Update February 14th, 2018: Administration revives previous proposal to cut Social Security disability programs

Update February 14th, 2018: White House still wants Medicaid overhaul that would likely produce cuts

"If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."

“One of the first things I’d do in terms of executive order, if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that would go out to the country, out to the world, that anybody killing a police man, a police woman, a police officer, anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty is going to happen,”

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”   

“We're cutting Common Core. We're getting rid of Common Core. We're bringing education locally."

"A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health)."

"A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections."

"I would defund it because of the abortion factor, which they say is 3 percent. I don't know what percentage it is. They say it's 3 percent. But I would defund it, because I'm pro-life."

"Immediately add an additional federal investment of $20 billion towards school choice."

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money.”

Speaking of ISIS, "We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet and we have to do something. We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people… we've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they (ISIS) are recruiting by the thousands, they are leaving our country and then when they come back, we take them back."

“I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding,”

“One of my first acts as president will be to establish a commission on radical Islam which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community who will hopefully work with us."

“We can provide six weeks of paid maternity leave to any mother with a newborn child whose employer does not provide the benefit.”

"Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system."

"Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate."

"Require price transparency from all health care providers, especially doctors and health care organizations like clinics and hospitals."

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.”

"A Trump Administration will also ensure that we start using American steel for American infrastructure." 

“I'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from Syria, as part of this mass migration, that if I win, if I win, they're going back.”

"Instruct the Treasury Secretary to label China a currency manipulator."

We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt. ... Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.”

"I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”  :)

“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."

"The Trump plan will rewrite the tax code to allow working parents to deduct from their income taxes child care expenses for up to four children and elderly dependents."

"The Trump Plan will collapse the current seven tax brackets to three brackets."

"As part of this reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers."

"It can be done. ... It will take place and it will go relatively quickly.  ... If you have the right people, like, in the agencies and the various people that do the balancing ... you can cut the numbers by two pennies and three pennies and balance a budget quickly and have a stronger and better country."

"President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!"

"I won't have time to play golf"

While he has kept some promises, there are many he hasn't yet. Maybe he will before he leaves office.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 11:34:23 AM »
To sum it up, each one of those are promises Trump made that he hasn't followed through on. Some are broken, some are just unfulfilled and he may eventually get to them.