Author Topic: Is Bob (Joe Piscopo) Chick truly a good "Athlete's" Representative?  (Read 2263 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
In many of Bob (Joe Piscopo) Chick's posts he mentions that he's never gotten any complaints from any of the "athletes" he represents and he often mentions his accomplishments. In the thread where Lee and Bob are having a small tiff Lee made a post that I found curious -

"Bob is paid by Russ at BB.com and AMI so does he really represent the athlete.Bob is out for Bob which is cool just stop acting like you care about the others for gods sake."

The question is do Lee's comments ring true now that he is no longer with the IFBB or are they sour grapes? I think the former and that they are relevant. I also think Bob Chick can add one name to the list of "athletes" that are unhappy with the job he's done as Rep.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Is Bob (Joe Piscopo) Chick truly a good "Athlete's" Representative?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »
Bob has done a shit load for the athletes and worked his ass off whether they pay attention or not. He's doing a better job than Shawn Ray - as far as I know the only thing he did was name an award after himself . . .

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »
Bob has done a shit load for the athletes and worked his ass off whether they pay attention or not. He's doing a better job than Shawn Ray - as far as I know the only thing he did was name an award after himself . . .

I agree he's better than Ray, but sadly that's not saying much.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 10:31:44 AM »
Bob has done a shit load for the athletes and worked his ass off whether they pay attention or not. He's doing a better job than Shawn Ray - as far as I know the only thing he did was name an award after himself .
I believe Bob will be naming an award after himself as well: "The Bob Cicherillo Award presented to the Athlete with the Most Free Time on his Hands"

Special "Johnny Dangerously" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
Who exactly can do as well or better?

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:43:09 AM »
What exactly do pro's want him to do?  He went to the O meeting with something like 6 items on behalf of the athletes and got the committee to agree to all but one.  Then he has an athletes meeting at the Arnold which was plugged on this board and others for months, and 5 athletes showed up!  He says over and over again any pro can call with a concern but no one ever has.  When there's a meeting, he's lucky if one pro anyone has heard of shows up.  he actually gives a damn.  Clearly, you can't say that about most other pro's.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:43:32 AM »
I believe Bob will be naming an award after himself as well: "The Bob Cicherillo Award presented to the Athlete with the Most Free Time on his Hands"

Special "Johnny Dangerously" Ed

special Ed-funniest guy on this site for the last 3 months..
nasser=piece of shit

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »

From top-to-bottom, are things generally better for the performers now than they were before he took the position? 

Yes. 

The live meetings seem to fail, however.  Perhaps there should be monthly or bi-monthly online chat sessions open to all registered IFBB pros.  Those who wished to participate could do so, and no one would be able to complain about the travel being too expensive.