Author Topic: Myth: immigrant=hardworker  (Read 4711 times)

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Re: Myth: immigrant=hardworker
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »
Problem is immigrants do not want to assimilate ..dont learn language so Mexicans, Chinese..Muslims and every other immigrant simply turn town by little town into their own country and by the time the population  70-80% non American...non English speaking..Business owners simply cant afford to hire Americans..you cant serve the taken over community with Englsh...Community by community..one at a time is the immigrant strategy....Here in La We have China Town...Armenian town...Multiple Mexican towns..Stores..signs...n o english.Foreign flags....Saw immigrant get angry at cvs worker for not speaking spanish...and paid for meds with medicare in her 30's...out of control.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »
Problem is immigrants do not want to assimilate ..dont learn language so Mexicans, Chinese..Muslims and every other immigrant simply turn town by little town into their own country and by the time the population  70-80% non American...non English speaking..Business owners simply cant afford to hire Americans..you cant serve the taken over community with Englsh...Community by community..one at a time is the immigrant strategy....Here in La We have China Town...Armenian town...Multiple Mexican towns..Stores..signs...n o english.Foreign flags....Saw immigrant get angry at cvs worker for not speaking spanish...and paid for meds with medicare in her 30's...out of control.

I think the real problem is, most of the world speaks more than one language. Some several. Americans speak for the most part, English and think everyone else is the same.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 08:31:08 PM »

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 02:38:08 AM »
I thing the real problem is, most of the world speaks more than one language. Some several. Americans speak for the most part, English and think everyone else is the same. 

Agnostic007,

Can you say with a straight face that White-majority countries are going to be better off once we are flooded with people from third world countries?

Do you really believe that?

megafitness

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 04:19:12 AM »
Problem is immigrants do not want to assimilate ..dont learn language so Mexicans, Chinese..Muslims and every other immigrant simply turn town by little town into their own country and by the time the population  70-80% non American...non English speaking..Business owners simply cant afford to hire Americans..you cant serve the taken over community with Englsh...Community by community..one at a time is the immigrant strategy....Here in La We have China Town...Armenian town...Multiple Mexican towns..Stores..signs...n o english.Foreign flags....Saw immigrant get angry at cvs worker for not speaking spanish...and paid for meds with medicare in her 30's...out of control.
Parasites...leeches

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 04:36:42 AM »
Work ethic is not genetic or moral its cultural. Whether religious, national, political, city, home culture thats what its based on.

Look at catholic cultures vs protestant: Latin Americans, Southern Europeans, Irish, Canada (French speaking part), Philippines vs Germans, Scandanavia, Canada (English Speaking part), USA circa 1970, Australia, Northern Europe (Belgium, etc.).

There isn't a succesful Catholic Colony. A protestant works for it, a Catholic is taught to pray for it. Of course this is a generalization but all these factors have stronger linear relationships to work ethic than do race. There are a lot of social studies on this.

Also countries in which there are large groups that self identify as different (whether race or religion such as a country like Brazil with Whites, Blacks/Mulatos, Natives/Mestizos, Zambos or a place like Iraq with 5 different religious groups making up the population) tend to have higher levels of strife, poverty, and wealth inequality which contributes to ever more strife/violence, poverty, and wealth inequality. The only countries that are an exception are Switzerland, Canada, Belgium, and all of these have strong protestant backgrounds, as well as parliamentary governing systems which allow for the inclusion of multiple groups of people in government representation.

Thus the real issue here are religious values/culture, and political culture > race.

Hey "genius", Irish convicts build Australia, visit Spain, Vatican,Italy,Croatia,Austria or Bavaria than talk BS.

First travel, then bla/bla/bla.

+ inform yourself abut current political situation in Sweden,Denmark,Germany or UK.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 05:49:23 AM »
If someone is well payed, they will be hard workers.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 05:59:51 AM »
Over 50% will use some form of welfare.....
In the 60's immigrants were screened to ensure they would be an asset to this country and not use government assistance...
And then the Democrats decided they wanted 'diversity' and the gates were opened...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:41 AM »
“There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all.”

“This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance.”

“But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else.”

“The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English- Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian- Americans, or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality than with the other citizens of the American Republic.”

“The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.”

Theodore Roosevelt
Address to the Knights of Columbus
New York City- October 12th, 1915

And here's more.  Unfortunately I cannot put it up so here's the link.  From  Teddy Roosevelt in 1916.

http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/images/research/txtspeeches/672.pdf

And finally, from Snopes regarding Teddy Rooselvelt's stance on hyphenated "americans" -

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sole-loyalty/

Multiculturalism sucks ass.  Fuck libtards.

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »

Hey "genius", Irish convicts build Australia, visit Spain, Vatican,Italy,Croatia,Austria or Bavaria than talk BS.

First travel, then bla/bla/bla.

+ inform yourself abut current political situation in Sweden,Denmark,Germany or UK.

Been to all these countries multiple times and lived in mainland Europe for 8 years..... none of the countries you mentioned rival Germany or Canada in success and living standard. Immigration is horrible see my post from above but this is a new development. The nations you mentioned are obviously better than Latin America and Africa for sure but my argument stands with these facts.

This is not a dick measuting contest I am just expressing my view point and have an argument that is backed up by social studies, and personal experiences. Yours may different and you are entitled to it.

Also I am not pro immigration as you may be implying.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »
If someone is well payed, they will be hard workers.

I thought this was true until I worked my current job. Over 40 bucks an hour, strong union, all the 1.5 x and 2x you can work.  Half the people do next to f*** all while the other half keeps the ball rolling.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »
I thought this was true until I worked my current job. Over 40 bucks an hour, strong union, all the 1.5 x and 2x you can work. Strong union too. Half the people do next to f*** all while the other half keeps the ball rolling.

I agree with this.

I know people with a strong work ethic but underpaid cause they're kinda shy and won't ask for a raise.

I also know people who ask for a lot of money, but whose work ethic and skills don't match their ego.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »
I'm veru anti immigration but I have to say after having worked with a fair few filipinos I gained a lot of respect for them. There are a lot of hard working sikh/east indian guys out there too. But that doesn't mean I want them in my town lol

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:25 PM »
Why Work when they receive the handouts that they do

Bench

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 08:23:58 PM »
Why Work when they receive the handouts that they do

Bench

Serious question for everyone.

What benefits do illegal immigrants receive? Do they have access to healthcare? Food coupons? Free education for their children?

I really don't know.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 08:27:38 PM »
I thing the real problem is, most of the world speaks more than one language. Some several. Americans speak for the most part, English and think everyone else is the same. 
Thread was about immigrants to America..Come to a foreign country...speak the language...has nothing to do with anyone else in the world. Language is a unifying force of a country...Dont want to speak English?  ..learn 3rd world languages and stay in 3rd world....Come to The United States Of America for opportunity you do not have in your multiple language country?  LEARN ENGLISH!!!!   Its part of assimilation to a foreign country.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 08:39:42 PM »

What benefits do illegal immigrants receive? Do they have access to healthcare? Food coupons? Free education for their children?

I really don't know.
If they can't/don't get a fake SSN. Nothing. No handouts, they can't unless they game the system and get papers. They can't even go to the hospital because they will get deported. Some will get free ER visits, because you can't let people die. But many hospitals will kick them out as soon as possible, which can lead to death.
Now going back to the 14th amendment, anybody born here is a citizen. So kids might receive some help from the government, and are citizens so all rights americans have.  
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »

I really don't know.

Good question. And being considered a liberal on this board, I have always wondered why we are so focused on a billion dollar tax payed wall, when we can immediately stop supplying free education and benifits to illegals for an immediate cost savings. With a Republican President, House and Senate why hasn't this happened?? If you make the US less attractive to illegals, there will be less   

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 09:05:16 PM »
Good question. And being considered a liberal on this board, I have always wondered why we are so focused on a billion dollar tax payed wall, when we can immediately stop supplying free education and benifits to illegals for an immediate cost savings. With a Republican President, House and Senate why hasn't this happened?? If you make the US less attractive to illegals, there will be less   
yup, a wall is a waste of money and a stupid idea. Free education and benefits? Are you talking about kids born here?
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »
yup, a wall is a waste of money and a stupid idea. Free education and benefits? Are you talking about kids born here?
I wish. it actually involves anyone who comes across with kids no matter if they were born here or not

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »
I wish. it actually involves anyone who comes across with kids no matter if they were born here or not
Wrong. Google is friend. Not fox and friends
http://econofact.org/do-undocumented-immigrants-overuse-government-benefits
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:10 PM »

werewolf operative

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2018, 02:26:24 AM »
Wrong. Google is friend. Not fox and friends
http://econofact.org/do-undocumented-immigrants-overuse-government-benefits

How about posting a link with real numbers from the actual source instead of this jewish bullshit.

Here's statistics for LA from fox since you mentioned them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/la-made-1-3b-in-illegal-immigrant-welfare-payouts-in-just-2-years.html

Illegal immigrant families received nearly $1.3 billion in Los Angeles County welfare money during 2015 and 2016, nearly one-​quarter of the amount spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to data obtained by Fox News.

The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services -- which is responsible for doling out the benefits --

The effect they have on the healthcare and justice system also needs to be taken into account.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/#4a8a274b12c4

Current federal policy is to prohibit federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through either Medicaid or Obamacare. Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation's 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through "cost-shifting" i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care. In addition to these amounts, unauthorized immigrants likely benefit from at least $0.9 billion in implicit federal subsidies due to the tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals and another $5.7 billion in tax expenditures from the employer tax exclusion.

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year . Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to unauthorized immigrants in 2016

Illegal immigrants (mexicans) are a fiscal drain not because they are lazy and don’t work, but because people at that level of education have larger families on average and use a lot in social services and pay little in taxes.

And it's not just undocumented immigrants, legal immigrant households recieve benefits (mainly food and medicaid) at almost twice the rate of natives as well.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2018, 04:30:19 AM »

How about posting a link with real numbers from the actual source instead of this jewish bullshit.

Here's statistics for LA from fox since you mentioned them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/la-made-1-3b-in-illegal-immigrant-welfare-payouts-in-just-2-years.html

Illegal immigrant families received nearly $1.3 billion in Los Angeles County welfare money during 2015 and 2016, nearly one-​quarter of the amount spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to data obtained by Fox News.

The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services -- which is responsible for doling out the benefits --

The effect they have on the healthcare and justice system also needs to be taken into account.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2018/02/26/how-american-citizens-finance-health-care-for-undocumented-immigrants/#4a8a274b12c4

Current federal policy is to prohibit federal tax funding of health care to unauthorized immigrants through either Medicaid or Obamacare. Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation's 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through "cost-shifting" i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care. In addition to these amounts, unauthorized immigrants likely benefit from at least $0.9 billion in implicit federal subsidies due to the tax exemption for nonprofit hospitals and another $5.7 billion in tax expenditures from the employer tax exclusion.

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year . Of this total, federal taxpayers provided $11.2 billion in subsidized care to unauthorized immigrants in 2016

Illegal immigrants (mexicans) are a fiscal drain not because they are lazy and don’t work, but because people at that level of education have larger families on average and use a lot in social services and pay little in taxes.

And it's not just undocumented immigrants, legal immigrant households recieve benefits (mainly food and medicaid) at almost twice the rate of natives as well.

Fox and friends. Fake news.
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2018, 03:57:32 PM »
A