Author Topic: Myth: immigrant=hardworker  (Read 4716 times)

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
Myth: immigrant=hardworker
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:52:53 AM »
Some work. Many don't. And the ones who do work aren't generally doing anything inherently better and are doing the work that natives were doing long before their arrival and still are doing!

Immigrant worship has played out!

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Myth: immigrant=hardworker
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:01:27 AM »
Some work. Many don't. And the ones who do work aren't generally doing anything inherently better and are doing the work that natives were doing long before their arrival and still are doing!

cheap labor, from construction to IT

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 07:03:10 AM »
Asians are hard workers...

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 07:15:42 AM »

Yup they smart to  ::)
K

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:32:18 AM »
pakis are halfass workers

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 07:59:09 AM »

Most are hard workers, old ones aside. Why? Because they don't have benefits and won't die and not be able to sent their families money if they didn't work. Now I'm not talking about the ones that abuse the system and get fake ssn numbers, that shit needs to stop.
A

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »

alabama's HB 56 bill crippled their agriculture industry and cost the state about 10% of their annual gdp.

think about how much it costs to wash your car and if you'd want to do that job sucking in those dangerous fumes for pennies.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 08:15:08 AM »
alabama's HB 56 bill crippled their agriculture industry and cost the state about 10% of their annual gdp.

think about how much it costs to wash your car and if you'd want to do that job sucking in those dangerous fumes for pennies.
1.) Yeah America's dark secret is there are jobs that Americans don't want to do and are needed.
2.) I turn my car off before I was it. ;)
A

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »

Having known many people who became illegal immigrants, I have to agree with this.

Illegal immigrants are not an homogeneous monolith, as some people want you to think.

A few groups I've noticed are:

The ones who can afford to go as tourists but end up staying as aliens. They are usually middle class, with good manners and an average education (perhaps below average by US standards).

The ones who will risk their lives in order to enter illegaly. They are usually less educated than the first group. They can pay up to 15K-20K to coyotes so they take him to the US. That amount of money would allow them to start a small business where they come from, yet they choose to leave their country.

People who go to a foreing country only because they have relatives there. This is a really heterogeneous group. Hard to make a generalization about it.

Hardworking, frugal people who pursue high paid jobs in order to save as much money as possible and send it back to their country so they can come back one day and invest it. A small group in my opinion.

People who come from colapsed societies like Venezuela, or Siria. Again, hard to make a generalization about them, except that they had good reasons to run away from the country.

All in all, those gruops are not mutually exclusive. I guess some of them overlap oftenly.

PD: I'm talking only about latinos.

megafitness

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »
Having known many people who became illegal immigrants, I have to agree with this.

Illegal immigrants are not an homogeneous monolith, as some people want you to think.

A few groups I've noticed are:

The ones who can afford to go as tourists but end up staying as aliens. They are usually middle class, with good manners and an average education (perhaps below average by US standards).

The ones who will risk their lives in order to enter illegaly. They are usually less educated than the first group. They can pay up to 15K-20K to coyotes so they take him to the US. That amount of money would allow them to start a small business where they come from, yet they choose to leave their country.

People who go to a foreing country only because they have relatives there. This is a really heterogeneous group. Hard to make a generalization about it.

Hardworking, frugal people who pursue high paid jobs in order to save as much money as possible and send it back to their country so they can come back one day and invest it. A small group in my opinion.

People who come from colapsed societies like Venezuela, or Siria. Again, hard to make a generalization about them, except that they had good reasons to run away from the country.

All in all, those gruops are not mutually exclusive. I guess some of them overlap oftenly.

PD: I'm talking only about latinos.

Know anyone who can clean my toilet?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 09:38:19 AM »
worth ethic is a matter of morality, not race.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 09:59:23 AM »
worth ethic is a matter of morality, not race.

Work ethic is not a matter of morality. It's part of a psychological trait called conscientiousness. It can be measured and used to predict things like success in the academy and in the work field. It's also been proven to be heritable.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 10:16:15 AM »
Work ethic is not a matter of morality.

minus the genetic factor, would u agree that work ethic is a matter of morality?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 01:04:09 PM »
Work ethic is not genetic or moral its cultural. Whether religious, national, political, city, home culture thats what its based on.

its a moral issue. anything of lasting value is built and maintained upon a solid moral foundation, if that foundation crumbles, things go to shit.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 05:09:27 PM »
its a moral issue. anything of lasting value is built and maintained upon a solid moral foundation, if that foundation crumbles, things go to shit.

LMAO!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »
Yup they smart to  ::)

Japan is a first world country and them and China don’t let everyone in their country, they reject pretty much all Muslims, unlike European countries

So who’s smart I ask you?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
Look at catholic cultures vs protestant: Latin Americans, Southern Europeans, Irish, Canada (French speaking part), Philippines vs Germans, Scandanavia, Canada (English Speaking part), USA circa 1970, Australia, Northern Europe (Belgium, etc.).

The "protestant" section you listed is 100% White. ::)

As for Quebec, yes, it is a province on welfare, but it beats living there than ANY of the non-White areas you listed.  Ditto for Southern Europe.  Are you telling me you see no difference between Mexico and Italy?  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 06:39:31 PM »
Trump Administration just added 15,000 VISA's allow temporary workers from Mexico into our country to take jobs away from American citizens.

I'm sure there are plenty of hardworking American citizens who can do these jobs.  If they need to raise the wages to get Americans to take these jobs they should just do it and pass it along to the consumer.

I'm sure everyone would be fine with that.

It's crazy to give these jobs away to Mexican's, most of whom Trump has previously warned us are rapists and criminals and I'm sure a few good people.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-adds-15-000-work-visas-will-it-help-shell-n877696

President Donald Trump's Department of Homeland Security announced Friday it was making available an additional 15,000 visas for a seasonal work program that were badly needed by businesses, particularly in the Trump-voting crab town of Hoopers Island.

"The limitations on H-2B visas were originally meant to protect American workers, but when we enter a situation where the program unintentionally harms American businesses it needs to be reformed," said DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen in granting the additional visas. "As Secretary, I remain committed to protecting U.S. workers and strengthening the integrity of our lawful immigration system and look forward to working with Congress to do so."

After demand exceeded the available supply of 66,000 visas, DHS used a lottery system to award them to businesses, rather than on a a first come, first served basis. The change hit Hoopers Island, Maryland, hard as NBC News reported earlier this month, leaving it without 40 percent of the visas its crab-picking businesses need to operate.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 06:48:47 PM »
Trump Administration just added 15,000 VISA's allow temporary workers from Mexico into our country to take jobs away from American citizens.

I'm sure there are plenty of hardworking American citizens who can do these jobs.  If they need to raise the wages to get Americans to take these jobs they should just do it and pass it along to the consumer.

It's crazy to give these jobs away to Mexican's, most of whom Trump has previously warned us are rapists and criminals and I'm sure a few good people.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-adds-15-000-work-visas-will-it-help-shell-n877696

You LIAR! Trump would never do that! America First!!

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 06:59:52 PM »
LMAO!

think of it like this..... meth heads r capable of an admirable work ethic while high (even if it is working towards damnation 4 the most part, lol)... not much 4 longevity, tho. I'm not quite sober enough to know if that makes sense... but thats the gist of what I feel

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 07:02:35 PM »
think of it like this..... meth heads r capable of an admirable work ethic while high (even if it is working towards damnation 4 the most part, lol)... not much 4 longevity, tho. I'm not quite sober enough to know if that makes sense... but thats the gist of what I feel

Cool

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 07:06:29 PM »

werewolf operative

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »

This is absolute bullshit. They are bringing these fuckers in to lower the wages, nothing new here.

https://www.epi.org/blog/h-2b-crabpickers-maryland-seafood-industry-paid-less-than-average/

werewolf operative

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 07:16:57 PM »
You LIAR! Trump would never do that! America First!!

Of course he would, he's a zionist shill...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 07:19:59 PM »
Of course he would, he's a zionist shill...

LMAO!