Author Topic: C.M. Punk wins lawsuit against WWE docter Christopher Amann  (Read 5197 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Jurors sided with CM Punk and Colt Cabana on Tuesday — clearing the pair in a defamation lawsuit filed by a WWE doctor upset with comments Punk made during a controversial 2014 podcast.

The decision came down around 4pm Chicago-time in Cook County Circuit Court, according to Wrestlezone, capping off a libel trial that lasted one week.

Over five days of testimony, Punk and Cabana’s lawyers tried to prove Punk believed what he said during the interview about Dr. Christopher Amann. Ultimately, Amann’s side had trouble proving any real monetary damage occurred. The doctor was seeking $4 million dollars (one dollar per each podcast stream) and additional punitive damages.

In the November 2014 podcast interview conducted by Cabana, Punk recalled his medical issues and treatments in the months leading up to him walking out of WWE following the Royal Rumble. Though he was rarely mentioned by name in the podcast, Amann felt Punk’s claims directly damaged his reputation and caused distress.

Amann told jurors he was harassed and humiliated by fans and that the podcast hurt his standing with patients. However, the WWE ringside physician couldn’t point to any monetary damages and he remains employed by the company.

Much of the testimony centered around a lump on Punk’s backside which Punk felt made him ill over an extended period. Punk contended Amann didn’t properly treat it. Amann claims he never saw it. His attorneys showed numerous texts and emails regarding Punk’s health and at no point did Punk put anything in writing with WWE doctors about the lump.

In the podcast, Punk said the lump ended up being a staph infection that ultimately could’ve cost him his life. It was shown it court that the lump was diagnosed by a physician’s assistant as a lump. Even so, the P.A. who treated Punk labeled it a possible staph infection — but never tested it.

Punk said the podcast was his way to “set the record straight for my fans” and tell his story. He told jurors he wouldn’t change anything about the interview.

At the end of the day, jurors didn’t see enough to prove Punk and Cabana legally defamed Amann. Question is now will Punk countersue Amman and if he does, he has notable resources to win large amounts of money...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: C.M. Punk wins lawsuit against WWE docter Christopher Amann
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:21:51 PM »
Clearly, Punk is trying to get back into the Fed.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 04:48:37 AM »
Clearly, Punk is trying to get back into the Fed.
He has every right. He had a legit injury and a dangerous one at that and they misdiagnosed him forcing him to continue wrestling. A staph infection is what killed Chris Candido.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 03:30:12 PM »
He has every right. He had a legit injury and a dangerous one at that and they misdiagnosed him forcing him to continue wrestling. A staph infection is what killed Chris Candido.

"Misdiagnosed," or refused to "properly" diagnose?

Davey got the same thing after being slammed on a trapdoor hinge in a WCW ring. They dismissed him as another "meathead" seeking pain pills.
C-suckers.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 05:15:22 AM »

"Misdiagnosed," or refused to "properly" diagnose?

Davey got the same thing after being slammed on a trapdoor hinge in a WCW ring. They dismissed him as another "meathead" seeking pain pills.
C-suckers.
One of the two but either way, he played his cards correctly.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »
Punk will never be a "wrestling tragedy."

Sorry Bret.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 04:44:09 AM »
Punk will never be a "wrestling tragedy."

Sorry Bret.
He got his clock cleaned in his 2nd UFC fight Saturday night. TKO. Busted open and had to go to the hospital. Wow....these guys will never learn...Most UFC fighters have been training in martial arts their entire lives. Years and years of training and discipline. Then these "Johnny Come Lately's" come along and act like they're prize fighters... ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:36:10 PM »

I'd heard that Candido died from the result of a PE (embolized blood clot) after ankle surgery.

Either way, I remember seeing Chris backstage at an indy show several months before he died. He looked great!
Damn shame...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 04:56:14 AM »

I'd heard that Candido died from the result of a PE (embolized blood clot) after ankle surgery.

Either way, I remember seeing Chris backstage at an indy show several months before he died. He looked great!
Damn shame...
Maybe...from articles I read they said a staph infection from a surgery. Its very sad...talk about being put through the ringer...a whore drug addict felon of a wife (ex wife now) that fucked everyone and everything under the sun...then death...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »
Maybe...from articles I read they said a staph infection from a surgery. Its very sad...talk about being put through the ringer...a whore drug addict felon of a wife (ex wife now) that fucked everyone and everything under the sun...then death...

Yeah, but some "insiders" claimed he was "into that."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »
Wonder what he'll do now...I highly doubt he will fight again....he's made it perfectly clear that he is done with WWE. Maybe New Japan? All Japan?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »
Wonder what he'll do now...I highly doubt he will fight again....he's made it perfectly clear that he is done with WWE. Maybe New Japan? All Japan?

I believe he's about a year older than me...

Invest your earnings, and compound the interest.
Be mindful of asset allocation.
Don't live beyond your means.

I predict "Phil" will be okay.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 03:48:54 AM »

I believe he's about a year older than me...

Invest your earnings, and compound the interest.
Be mindful of asset allocation.
Don't live beyond your means.

I predict "Phil" will be okay.
No doubt. He made 500k off his first fight depite the loss. Wonder what he got for this fight? His current net worth is 8 mil.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 03:30:08 PM »
You know what?
I hope Punk countersues the living piss out of that POS “doctor.”

Talk about frivolous lawsuits…
$1/stream PLUS “punitive damages?“

FUCK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, SIDEWAYS WITH A FUCKING BASEBALL BAT!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 05:00:21 AM »
You know what?
I hope Punk countersues the living piss out of that POS “doctor.”

Talk about frivolous lawsuits…
$1/stream PLUS “punitive damages?“

FUCK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, SIDEWAYS WITH A FUCKING BASEBALL BAT!!!
Yup yup...exactly