Author Topic: People went out in their boats to watch the hurricane  (Read 356 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
People went out in their boats to watch the hurricane
« on: June 07, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »
Any guess which fucking moron (to quote Tillerson) believes that people in Texas "went out in their boats to watch the hurricane"

“I have to tell you, the Coast Guard saved 16,000 people. ... And I think, you know, honestly, they don’t get enough credit in many ways. ... Saved 16,000 people, many of them in Texas, for whatever reason that is. People went out in their boats to watch the hurricane. That didn’t work out too well. That didn’t work out too well.”

A few people who were there had some interesting responses

“I don’t even know how to respond to that,” Marty Lancton, president of the Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association, told the Houston Chronicle.

Coast Guard Petty Officer Edward Wargo told the newspaper, “I don’t know how we would go about confirming that.”

“I didn’t see anyone taking the approach that would reflect his comments,” Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez told the Chronicle. “I’ll be sure to invite the President to ride out the next hurricane in a jon boat in Galveston Bay the next time one approaches.”

The hurricane slammed into the coast as a Category 4 storm near Corpus Christi in August, dumping several feet of rain on the Houston area. Trump visited Texas twice after the hurricane.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: People went out in their boats to watch the hurricane
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »
Don’t recall anyone being rescued b/c they were out there watching the hurricane in boats.

For what its worth the firefighters weren’t anywhere to be found, they were told to stay home unless they were scheduled for duty.

This was after they were turned down for raise and ballot referendum to make parity of pay between cops and firefighters a law ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »
Don’t recall anyone being rescued b/c they were out there watching the hurricane in boats.

For what its worth the firefighters weren’t anywhere to be found, they were told to stay home unless they were scheduled for duty.

This was after they were turned down for raise and ballot referendum to make parity of pay between cops and firefighters a law ::)

are you sure about that ?

Don't most people go out in boats to watch a hurricane

I thought that was a pretty common thing to do

No way they were just in boats because of mass flooding. 

That wouldn't make any sense

They must have been watching the hurricane

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:55:36 AM »
are you sure about that ?

Don't most people go out in boats to watch a hurricane

I thought that was a pretty common thing to do

No way they were just in boats because of mass flooding. 

That wouldn't make any sense

They must have been watching the hurricane

You're right that yes they were probably out there because of the flooding, but to act like morons don't go out in to extreme weather and watch it is bullshit. I always see these morons advertising "hurricane parties" and stupid shit like that during storms.