Author Topic: Crazy thought on strength training  (Read 961 times)

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
Crazy thought on strength training
« on: June 13, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
Imagine running Starting Strength on the right side of your body and 5/3/1 on your left side simultaneously with dumbells? Be a great university experiment.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Crazy thought on strength training
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:57:01 PM »

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »
Imagine running Starting Strength on the right side of your body and 5/3/1 on your left side simultaneously with dumbells? Be a great university experiment.

train heavy and bring the intensity and you will be fine

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
train heavy and bring the intensity and you will be fine

This^^^

Weight training is not rocket science. Lift heavy, allow for recovery, eat and sleep enough and you’ll get big. The limit to your size and shape is purely genetic. Drug use pushes past this  genetic limit if you choose to do it, but even those results depend on genetics ultimately.   

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »
The limit to your size and shape is purely genetic.

Size, yes, but not shape.

One of the reasons physiques from the past appeared amorphous and lacking individual muscle separation and detail was because of a lack of training knowledge and opportunity (i.e. isolation machines, cables, etc.).

If you train with mostly compound movements, you will not get the look you could potentially get if you knew how to use shaping and peak exercises to bring individual muscles to their zenith.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »

Interesting. Your body would try to equalize the growth. Your gains would multiply. Make sure to down 60G of protein after this. You'll be huge.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:47:50 PM »

One of the reasons physiques from the past appeared amorphous and lacking individual muscle separation and detail was because of a lack of training knowledge and opportunity (i.e. isolation machines, cables, etc.).

If you train with mostly compound movements, you will not get the look you could potentially get if you knew how to use shaping and peak exercises to bring individual muscles to their zenith.

add in posing and you set - if more people would pose, they would be in much better shape / tie ins add in stretching too

if you train heavy and pose all the time you will bring out those tiny muscles,

i had ZING moment this year (now I am a pretty boy west coast mens classic dipshit) and i was doing all the isolation shit - i stopped, went back to heavy duty training - 5-6 movements 4 sets of around 7-9 reps and I have grown like a weed then add in some posing and the msucle tie ins pop out

epic pumps, great form.

train hard -  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »
This^^^

Weight training is not rocket science. Lift heavy, allow for recovery, eat and sleep enough and you’ll get big. The limit to your size and shape is purely genetic. Drug use pushes past this  genetic limit if you choose to do it, but even those results depend on genetics ultimately.   

The gimmick isn’t talking about size and shape. He talking about strength training

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 03:18:49 AM »

yes , it is important to add exercises which ''shape'' the muscle

:D