Author Topic: Pres. Trump salutes North Korean General ( pics)  (Read 1993 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Re: Pres. Trump salutes North Korean General ( pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 04:05:28 PM »
Watch the video of the actual salute, pics aren't accurate. Trump went to shake the hand of the General, the General saluted him instead, Trump RETURNED the salute. The General was saluting as a form of respect to Trump, Trump was simply returning the respect. Absolutely nothing wrong with this, as he returned the salute, he did not initiate. And before you regale us all of your USMC time, some of us have done our time too, we just don't beg for the accolades.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:36:02 PM »
I notice he only pops up when damaging news to liberals comes out, and the board needs to be watered down with bullshit...

I wonder whose gimmick he is  ???

It's YOURS, isn't it?

;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
It sure makes for some nice propaganda for North Korea

Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton, a retired United States Army general, criticized the gesture in a statement.

“It is wholly inappropriate for the commander in chief of our armed forces to salute the military of our adversary, especially one which is responsible for a regime of terror, murder and unspeakable horror against its own people,” General Eaton said.

Others pointed out that with North and South Korea still technically at war (a formal peace treaty was never signed), it was inappropriate for Mr. Trump to salute the general of an adversary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/world/asia/trump-north-korea-salute.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
I notice he only pops up when damaging news to liberals comes out, and the board needs to be watered down with bullshit...

I wonder whose gimmick he is  ???

Definitely a gimmick. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »
You talk about propaganda and turn around and post the New York Times. OK!

What a great contribution to this discussion

God only knows what other awful shit you have on your computer

Also pretty obvious you can't actually address the quote from Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton but I guess you just felt the urge to contribute something, no matter how irrelevant and disgusting. 

Actually, I think irrelevant and disgusting sums up most of your posts on this board

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 07:37:55 PM »
It sure makes for some nice propaganda for North Korea

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/world/asia/trump-north-korea-salute.html

He did not salute, he returned a salute given. Their is actually a difference and a distinction. The NK General was showing Trump respect by saluting, not the other way around. If an individual salutes it is common custom and courtesy to salute back. Especially as peace is being brokered, this is an olive branch from our supposed enemy. And if a high ranking officer is making such commentary to the NYT, you can bet he's a schill with an agenda.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:12:30 PM »
He did not salute, he returned a salute given. Their is actually a difference and a distinction. The NK General was showing Trump respect by saluting, not the other way around. If an individual salutes it is common custom and courtesy to salute back. Especially as peace is being brokered, this is an olive branch from our supposed enemy. And if a high ranking officer is making such commentary to the NYT, you can bet he's a schill with an agenda.

Correct. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 11:15:19 PM »
Correct. 
::)  Like you know. Idiot. He's totally wrong. Never in a suit/mufti.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 11:33:26 PM »
::)  Like you know. Idiot. He's totally wrong. Never in a suit/mufti.

Yes I know.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 03:58:18 AM »
I watched the clip.   Trump looked like he was just trying to be polite

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »
This is why we need to just not deal with different cultures, shit, it would be a real coup if he were to bow to some Saudi or something...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »
I watched the clip.   Trump looked like he was just trying to be polite

Personally, I believe that whether or not saluting a hostile foreign nation's general is protocol, reporting on it is nit-picking on the part of the media. Trump probably has no idea what protocol is in this situation, although he was supposedly briefed on it.

At worst, it shows what an amateur Trump is....which is his own fault since he too stubborn to accept advice from anyone. At best, it is his effort to schmooze with North Korea in hopes of improving his relationship with Kim Jong-on. This is without doubt a campaign strategy, designed to increase his base. -Think bragging points.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 07:04:50 PM »

At worst, it shows what an amateur Trump is....which is his own fault since he too stubborn to accept advice from anyone. At best, it is his effort to schmooze with North Korea in hopes of improving his relationship with Kim Jong-on. This is without doubt a campaign strategy, designed to increase his base. -Think bragging points.
Must be the Olympic type amateur in relation to Obama's international debacles then.

Clearly getting NK under control is all to increase his base ::) Personally, could care less if uses it to bolster his campaign if the deed is accomplished. You are whining about "bragging points" in relation to finally potentially accomplishing something in regards to NK. That's a pretty twisted viewpoint.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
real men= no rubbers