Author Topic: Here. We. Go. (Tariffs on China Edition)  (Read 1817 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Here. We. Go. (Tariffs on China Edition)
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »
Get ready for a bumpy ride!
a

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Here. We. Go. (Tariffs on China Edition)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:03:22 AM »
Brilliant negotiating tactics.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »
I just returned from a gig in South Korea and China yesterday (25th).  The tariffs have a real effect on the Chinese mentality for sure.  They are basically unscrupulous as hell anyway, but now once they saw you were American, they really went about trying to rip you off.  I would go in stores that were clearly marked as Duty Free No Tax on the doors.   Make a purchase and there is an "extra" added on to it.  When you point out it is duty free and no tax, they claim it isn't a tax it is a "service charge".   No other member of the tour from other places like England, Sweden, etc.. were given a "service charge."   Places where you normally expect to haggle for little trinkets to take back... forget it.   Going to the major Closionne factory outside of Beijing, where the art work and such is made, they had the prices marked, and signs everywhere that stated  20% off everything.  Everyone - but Americans - got 20% off the marked price.  Americans were told the price marked was already showing the 20% discount.

3rd day there, I bought some pounds off a British member and stuck them in my wallet in front of the yuan notes.  From then on out, when I opened my wallet to take out money to purchase something and they saw the pounds, they thought I was British and instantly gave me a better price much lower.

Fucking cheating ass turnips...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 08:42:17 AM »
The Chinese cheat, copy, steal, etc.

They make good capitalists.

;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
I just returned from a gig in South Korea and China yesterday (25th).  The tariffs have a real effect on the Chinese mentality for sure.  They are basically unscrupulous as hell anyway, but now once they saw you were American, they really went about trying to rip you off.  I would go in stores that were clearly marked as Duty Free No Tax on the doors.   Make a purchase and there is an "extra" added on to it.  When you point out it is duty free and no tax, they claim it isn't a tax it is a "service charge".   No other member of the tour from other places like England, Sweden, etc.. were given a "service charge."   Places where you normally expect to haggle for little trinkets to take back... forget it.   Going to the major Closionne factory outside of Beijing, where the art work and such is made, they had the prices marked, and signs everywhere that stated  20% off everything.  Everyone - but Americans - got 20% off the marked price.  Americans were told the price marked was already showing the 20% discount.

3rd day there, I bought some pounds off a British member and stuck them in my wallet in front of the yuan notes.  From then on out, when I opened my wallet to take out money to purchase something and they saw the pounds, they thought I was British and instantly gave me a better price much lower.

Fucking cheating ass turnips...
You should have protested, rallied, screamed at the sky and got on social media and demanded that they be shut down. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
The Chinese cheat, copy, steal, etc.

They make good capitalists.

;)

They don't just make fake goods, they make entire fake stores.   You don't go and buy a Rolex off a booth table.  They have a complete fake Rolex store.  Entire store in a mall.   They have a fake Ralph Lauren shop where the employees wear REAL Polo clothing while selling fakes.  They have a huge fake IKEA store.  The employees even wear fake IKEA uniforms. 

You walk in a fake Foot Locker store, buy fake Yazeezy (or whatever they are called) and then walk out passing through a security sensor with a security guard nearby.  Weird.  They don't mind stealing other products to fake, but shoplifting is a serious offense.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »
They don't just make fake goods, they make entire fake stores.   You don't go and buy a Rolex off a booth table.  They have a complete fake Rolex store.  Entire store in a mall.   They have a fake Ralph Lauren shop where the employees wear REAL Polo clothing while selling fakes.  They have a huge fake IKEA store.  The employees even wear fake IKEA uniforms. 

You walk in a fake Foot Locker store, buy fake Yazeezy (or whatever they are called) and then walk out passing through a security sensor with a security guard nearby.  Weird.  They don't mind stealing other products to fake, but shoplifting is a serious offense.

They just don't care. I think they look at us and wonder why we are so pissed about it. I don't think it's in their dna to give a fuck. Different cultures, maybe caring about intellectual property is just a Western thing?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 03:53:58 AM »
The "Negotiator in Chief" is on to their game.

The libs think everybody is nice.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 05:32:16 PM »
Woah Nelly!
a

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 06:07:13 PM »
The Chinese need us more than we need them.

We owe them so much money they are fracked.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 08:05:28 PM »
Trump has the Chinese by the balls on this one.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 08:07:04 PM »
Trump has the Chinese by the balls on this one.
Well, at least his small hands will make their balls look bigger. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!