Author Topic: Well, it was inevitable, look who I'm teaming up with...  (Read 944 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Well, it was inevitable, look who I'm teaming up with...
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:57:57 PM »
The new RETRO FAN magazine is coming out this Wednesday on June 20th to comic stores and newsstands everywhere. It's the debut issue and I write an article on the vintage toy, the Mego Elastic Hulk (whom my pen name is named after). But look who's on the cover and gets interviewed...

Bodybuilding related so check it out!!!

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_152&products_id=1368&zenid=b71773dbf433192d3e0ee90bad68b766

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Well, it was inevitable, look who I'm teaming up with...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:45:14 PM »
Very cool, glad you get to do what you love, liked reading your articles you used to post here, I think one of them was about that elastic hulk (or similar).
(Stretch Armstrong maybe)? Anyways, good job...

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Re: Well, it was inevitable, look who I'm teaming up with...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 04:38:21 AM »
Very cool, glad you get to do what you love, liked reading your articles you used to post here, I think one of them was about that elastic hulk (or similar).
(Stretch Armstrong maybe)? Anyways, good job...

Thanks man, glad you like it.

And yes, I'm very fortunate to be living the life I am. But like anything, it wasn't easy and has taken me years of hard work.

Here's the cover of the new RETRO FAN available nationwide on June 20th.

Ironically, my first article on the Mego Elastic Hulk toy for the magazine has Big Lou on the cover. But I had to edit his interview in it and the funny thing was Lou made a mistake. He said he weighed in at 225 lbs in 1993 and I had to correct him and say, uh, Lou, you weighed 325 lbs lol. And he said, oh, yeah. I thought Getbig would get a kick out of that.