Author Topic: Children at the Border Megathread  (Read 11609 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Children at the Border Megathread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2018, 06:19:52 PM »
For anyone interested in the facts.  https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy
I see no reason to change the current policy based on things like this.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 11:42:38 PM »
Just another losing position for the Democrats.

Yeah it gave the celebrities and all the screeching nut cases out there a chance to virtue signal on social media but at the end of the day, the vast majority of Americans want a border that means something. Obama even gave speeches about the need for border security a few short years ago.

Just more ammunition foolishly given to Trump for 2020. As usual he is masterfully playing the long game and setting up his opposition to get exposed and embarrassed in front of the entire world.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 02:13:03 AM »
Just another losing position for the Democrats.

Yeah it gave the celebrities and all the screeching nut cases out there a chance to virtue signal on social media but at the end of the day, the vast majority of Americans want a border that means something. Obama even gave speeches about the need for border security a few short years ago.

Just more ammunition foolishly given to Trump for 2020. As usual he is masterfully playing the long game and setting up his opposition to get exposed and embarrassed in front of the entire world.

You're damn right. Tough, but fair. That's how we must govern.
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 02:14:21 AM »
I see no reason to change the current policy based on things like this.

But one kid told CNN not to deport his dad while crying, we should just open our borders  ::)
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 05:41:20 AM »
Skip to comments.

Flashback: Hillary: Minors crossing border must be sent home
The Washington post ^ | June 18,2014 | Greg Sargent
Posted on 6/19/2018, 12:59:42 AM by NoLibZone

“They should be sent back as soon as it can be determined who responsible adults in their families are.

There are concerns about whether all of them can be sent back, but I think all of them who can be should be reunited with their families…

We have to send a clear message: Just because your child gets across the border, that doesn’t mean the child gets to stay.

We don’t want to send a message that’s contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey.”

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 08:01:34 AM »
Where are Trumps advisors right now? This is the perfect time to give a short speech, with a pre speech "build-up" like he's coming to the table ( ::)) on this "crisis". And then completely ignore the topic and issue an EO making average americans lives easier. Not hard to do. Being a showman, telling the left and media to get fucked - this is Trumps brand, as simple as it may sound. Seize on the moment!

Anyway, Trump is doing a decent job holding firm on this while the chimichangas we share a border with get away unscathed with blame. Mexico could do so much more right now.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
Where are Trumps advisors right now? This is the perfect time to give a short speech, with a pre speech "build-up" like he's coming to the table ( ::)) on this "crisis". And then completely ignore the topic and issue an EO making average americans lives easier. Not hard to do. Being a showman, telling the left and media to get fucked - this is Trumps brand, as simple as it may sound. Seize on the moment!

Anyway, Trump is doing a decent job holding firm on this while the chimichangas we share a border with get away unscathed with blame. Mexico could do so much more right now.

tl:dr Trump is on the defensive despite this being a losing issue/crocodile tears for dems. Be offensive!  :'(

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
tl:dr Trump is on the defensive despite this being a losing issue/crocodile tears for dems. Be offensive!  :'(

He is giving a rally in Duluth, Minnesota tomorrow evening.

I would imagine something will be said there and he usually let's loose for those types of events.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »
He is giving a rally in Duluth, Minnesota tomorrow evening.

I would imagine something will be said there and he usually let's loose for those types of events.

Great point about rallies. Another tool in Trumps arsenal. No more pep rallies though. Its time to hold a rally in a dem stronghold. Poke the bear - watch shitlibs riot on national tv - profit.

God damnit get me on team Trump  >:(

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 08:58:13 AM »
Sorry Poly , but this "separate kids from parents" at the border policy is NOT going to end well for team Trump.
I'm pretty fair minded and can tell when a policy or statement is going to be a loser.

Obviously, you guys can post and think what you will.
I think this one is inhumane and viewed as cruel.

I agree, and I am a proud Trump supporter.. its not the children's fault.. they should not be separated from their parents.. they should send each and every man, woman, and child back to the country that they illegally came from ... send them all back as the "family" that they broke our laws as..

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:55 AM »
WTF's going on here?  Russia and Stormy didn't workout, so now it's all about separating illegal parents from their kids?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:26 AM »
Of course, let's take the blame as American policy instead of pointing the finger at the FUCKING CRIMINALS BREAKING INTO OUR COUNTRY.
Cry me a river. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 09:33:09 AM »
The frenzy libfags and the media are getting into over this? 

1)  Why isnt Mexico helping out w this? 

2)  These people are breaking the damn law!  Ship them all back. 

3)  What is the alternative these liberal cry babies want?  Allow anyone and everyone here regardless of bogus claims of asylum? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »
Homeland's Nielsen: 10,000 of the Kids Didn't Have Parents Entering US
Newsmax.com ^ | 06/19/18 | Staff
Posted on 6/19/2018, 12:40:56 PM by pgkdan

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen called on Congress to change laws she said force the government to separate immigrant children from parents who cross the U.S. border unlawfully and called Democrats who say the Trump administration is using the controversy for political leverage “very cowardly.”

Nielsen both defended President Donald Trump’s family separation policy at a White House briefing on Monday and maintained that it wasn’t his creation, but rather a consequence of the government’s prosecution of immigrants apprehended illegally crossing the border.

"So I want to be clear on a couple of other things," Nielsen said. "The vast majority, vast, vast majority of children who are in the care of H.H.S. right now — 10,000 of the 12,000 — were sent here alone by their parents. That is when they were separated. So somehow we’ve conflated everything.

"But there is two separate issues. 10,000 of those currently in custody were sent by their parents with strangers to undertake a completely dangerous and deadly travel alone. We now care for them. We have high standards. We give them meals, we give them education, we give them medical care. There is videos, there is TVs, I visited the detention centers myself — that would be my answer to that question."

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »
I also heard her give the presser yesterday, since she's sec of DHS.
She sounded like a dettached, cold political figure.

Trump supporters can yell and scream about the "truth" on this zero tolerance policy at the border .

BUT, it's cruel and hateful to separate parents from their kids at the border.
The reality of what happens to the kids in these situations is beyond politics.

We can debate BOTH sides of many political issues.

Team Trump is on the wrong side of this this issue.

Plenty of female Trump supporters are horrified by this action.

Simple observation.  If you break the law, and you are sentenced to jail time, do your kids go with you? I mean, you're separating parents and kids for breaking a law, at the border and you're crying about it. So obviously you must believe children of American prisoners should go to jail with the parent to avoid separating them. Right? Right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 12:05:31 PM »
It's officially classified as a misdemeanor .
So, that's a ridiculous analogy.

The current action at the border is cruel and hateful.
The public outcry will grow and more kids get taken from parents.
Kids are suffering . THAT's the bigger issue.

It's wrong to use kids as leverage to make some political point on immigration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/obama-administration-placed-children-with-human-traffickers-report-says/2016/01/28/39465050-c542-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html?utm_term=.3406fc55b079

Its not as simple as you libfags are trying to make out at all.  Read this link crybaby. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 12:06:42 PM »
With all due respect, your side is missing the bigger issue here.
*Children ( some quite young) are being separated from parents at the boarder .
Most people find that cruel and hateful action. The audio tapes of cryng kids, is very upsetting for most people.

This goes way beyond policy or some estoric immigration law.

The bottom line, is, kids are suffering and the President could order it stopped. But he doesn't.

A tiny few - which has always been the policy when someone is breaking the law.  My take - keep them together and ship all their asses back to wherever the F they came from. 

James

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 01:10:29 PM »

Kids are suffering . THAT's the bigger issue.

Sorry Poly , but this "separate kids from parents" at the border policy is NOT going to end well for team Trump.
I'm pretty fair minded and can tell when a policy or statement is going to be a loser.

Obviously, you guys can post and think what you will.
I think this one is inhumane and viewed as cruel.

Get the Fukk out of here with your selective outrage for the children all of the sudden, when the fact is you voted for Democrats (Hillary and Obama) who are for late term abortion, that is where they kill a late term baby that more than likely would and could survive on its own, yet is aborted (killed) instead, and yet not one word of disgrace from you, not one word of what a tragedy and injustice that is for those children, not one statement from you of how " inhumane" and "cruel" this is.

The truth is you are a slimy estrogen filled pile of shit that doesn't give one bit about any children (how many do you have? ) and this is just the latest  of many smear jobs from the Dems that you are joining in to smear trump that will fail just like all the ones before.

James

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 01:18:11 PM »
Since your side can't defend the current family separation policy you need to bring in other issues to muddy the waters.
Plus, resorting to personal insults is further proof on how weak your side of the debate really is.

Hope this helps. ;)

So I take is you also view late term abortion as " inhumane" and "cruel"?

James

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »
I don't agree with abortion after 16 weeks.
In fact, I think late terms abortions are wrong.

And yet you voted for politicians (Obama and Hillary) who do believe in late term abortion, so that makes you a hypocritical pile of shit.

How "inhumane" and "cruel" is this?:

James

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:43 PM »
I don't agree with abortion after 16 weeks.
In fact, I think late terms abortions are wrong.

I never said I agreed with 100% of every policy or position of anyone I vote for.
I do agree with the dems on basic abortion rights however. I'd limit it to 16 weeks.
I refused to vote for Trump because I thought he lacked the temperament and experience to be President.
Plus, I had doubts on his character and ability to work well with congress. I still do.

So you agree that late term abortion is murder, and yet you voted for politicians ( Hillary and obama) who dont, that makes you one disgusting pile of garbage, who's selective and recent outrage on this subject is completely worthless.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »
WTF's going on here?  Russia and Stormy didn't workout, so now it's all about separating illegal parents from their kids?

Yes, and its the Gay Muslim's policy as well.......hilarious Dempcrap hypocrisy
K

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
Wish people cared as much about our own foster care system destroying children as they do about this stuff.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 02:11:30 PM »

So you agree that late term abortion is murder, and yet you voted for politicians ( Hillary and obama) who dont, that makes you one disgusting pile of garbage, who's selective and recent outage on this subject completely worthless.
Yep, pretty gross thought process. "I will support mass murder as long as I agree with them on some other issues".