Author Topic: Children at the Border Megathread  (Read 11504 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Children at the Border Megathread
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »
Over 100 arrested in another large-scale immigration raid

By: JOHN SEEWER, Associated Press
POSTED: JUN 20 2018 11:06AM EDT

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - More than 100 workers were arrested Tuesday at an Ohio meatpacking plant by federal agents following a yearlong immigration investigation, the second large-scale raid within the state in the past two weeks.

The investigation focused on whether the company knowingly hired people who are in the country illegally, Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said.

The agency said it also was looking into whether many of the workers were using fraudulent identification belonging to U.S. citizens.

The arrests come as the U.S. government steps up its focus on businesses that hire people in the country illegally as part of a broad range of immigration crackdowns under President Donald Trump.

The 146 arrests in one of the largest workplace immigration raids in recent years happened at Fresh Mark's meat processing plant in Salem, in northeastern Ohio. Immigration agents and local authorities also carried out search warrants at the company's three other locations in Canton and Massillon.

Most of the workers detained were from Guatemala, said Khaalid Walls, an agency spokesman.

A message seeking comment was left with the company Wednesday.

No criminal charges have been filed against Fresh Mark, but authorities say the investigation is continuing.

The company makes bacon, hot dogs, ham, and lunch meat for the Sugardale and Superior's brands.

Fresh Mark is a member of Immigration and Customs Enforcement's self-policing program that's described as a way for employers to verify workers are in the country legally and to spot fraudulent documents, the agency said.

Members of the program aren't immune from prosecution for workforce compliance violations, the agency added.

"Unlawful employment is one of the key magnets drawing illegal aliens across our borders," said Steve Francis, head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations unit in Detroit.

Two weeks ago, immigration agents arrested 114 people at a garden and landscaping company in northern Ohio. Authorities said they planned to charge workers for crimes including identity theft and tax evasion.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/another-large-scale-immigration-raid

This is why the left is outraged.  We are interfering with their new voting bloc. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
Someone needs to ask looney lib Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren what happened when "her people" just let a bunch of foreigners into their country. ;D ::)

"Howgh"

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »
Last time I checked...we don’t allow parents to take their children to jail with them...

Bench

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 04:20:06 AM »
Send them all back.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 05:29:58 AM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2018, 01:23:15 PM »

For those opposed to separating families at the border, this issue goes beyond politics.

The outrage is genuine and due to us feeling that it's a cruel act directed at children.
 For a lot of us, this was just too much and we spoke out with passion.

If you have a different view, fine. But laughing at people suffering is just plain wrong and met with DISGUST.

2 questions.

Were the children being separated during Obama’s presidency?

If they were was you equally outraged / outspoken / passionate about it happening then ?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2018, 01:31:02 PM »

For those opposed to separating families at the border, this issue goes beyond politics.

The outrage is genuine and due to us feeling that it's a cruel act directed at children.
 For a lot of us, this was just too much and we spoke out with passion.

If you have a different view, fine. But laughing at people suffering is just plain wrong and met with DISGUST.

So why did you not speak up years ago ? cherry picking your battles I see... ::)
K

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2018, 01:45:28 PM »
This was a new "zero tolerance" policy instituted by the Trump admin this spring.
Immigration , especially on the southern border has been a long time problem.
Separating kids from parents as an enforced policy is new .

Nope you are wrong as usual, it is a 21 year old policy. Again you have been victimized by Fake News...
K

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2018, 01:48:48 PM »
This is an outrage !!!
This entire charade is outrageous.
I am outraged at how outrageous this outrage has become.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »
Yamcha, that is a legitimate question currently being debated with related issues in congress.
The problem many have is a flip attitude that comes off as careless .
Making jokes and belittling those struggling to make a life is viewed as cruel by me (and many others).
When it involves parents with young children, the outrage multiplies by 1000.

FYI, at that point we stop listening and get filled with disgust and outrage.
You seem like a smart guy, capable of intelligent debate on a variety of issues.
Yes, you've displayed some clever humor with your political cartoons.

I'd simply urge you to remember that some topics are too serious to make jokes about.
Separating kids from parents is one such topic.

If you can understand that the outrage is genuine and curtail the  jokes, we can debate. I'd enjoy that.
However, if you doube down on making more jokes on this issue, I'll be forced to assume the worst about you.

AGAIN, feel free to have a different view on this and other issues.
Saying we need secure borders is one thing.
Making fun of those trying to cross with their children is never funny.

Since this is only a forum, we'll both go on , but it would be nice to interact with you.
Thanks for understanding I'm sincere and reaching out .

I wasn't asking this question to you fuckface. Go get another divorce and continue to drown in a life full of failure.
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 01:55:31 PM »
I wasn't asking this question to you fuckface. Go get another divorce and continue to drown in a life full of failure.

Ok, at least I tried.
Good luck. ;)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 02:35:20 PM »
This was a new "zero tolerance" policy instituted by the Trump admin this spring.

Nope you are wrong as usual, it is a 21 year old policy. Again you have been victimized by Fake News...

As far as I’m aware it was happening under Obama,
I’m not 100% sure but will do my best to check find out.

If it is the case it was happening I’ll be asking you ( Howard ) the same questions.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »

Howard -
2 questions.

Were the children being separated during Obama’s presidency?

If they were was you equally outraged / outspoken / passionate about it happening then ?

I’ll answer the 1st question for you - as Board Sheriff says it was happening before
( do some checking as I did )
And when you have Don’t Suddenly come back & change your
Tune saying it happens more now - yes it does only that wasn’t in your original statement
Just the separation issue

So please answer the 2nd question???

James

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 04:38:38 PM »

Howard you hypocritical fat piece of shit, these photos below were from 2014 (Obama was in Office) and the same thing was taking place: kids separated from adults:

OBAMA KEPT CHILDREN IN CAGES, WRAPPED THEM IN FOIL

HERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF OBAMA’S ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DETENTION FACILITIES THE MEDIA WON’T SHOW YOU:

Here they are, taken in 2014 during a media tour of Obama-era detention facilities in Brownsville, Texas, and Nogales, Arizona.:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/photos-obama-immigration-detention-facilities

Howard you are a hypocritical fat piece of shit!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2018, 04:58:44 PM »

a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
Howard also loves to murder babies on top of all the rest of the fake/hypocritical outrage.

This whole thing is another classic example of a bunch of people being so dumb that they immediately believe news sources that have been shown to be liars, twisters, etc. Even worse that they refuse to turn course in their destructive thinking/actions when given full proof that they have been lied to.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2018, 05:04:16 PM »
Howard also loves to murder babies on top of all the rest of the fake/hypocritical outrage.

This whole thing is another classic example of a bunch of people being so dumb that they immediately believe news sources that have been shown to be liars, twisters, etc. Even worse that they refuse to turn course in their destructive thinking/actions when given full proof that they have been lied to.

Are you talking about the EU?
a

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2018, 06:49:28 PM »
Are you talking about the EU?

The Pride of East Texas Louie Gohmert(First Congressional District of Texas and First in Our Hearts) expressing his disappointment with Paul Ryan's leadership.

I don't recall the host's name but I like that old man.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2018, 04:50:13 AM »
BOMBSHELL: Girl Never Separated At Border; Mom Paid Smuggler And Abandoned Family, Father Says
John Moore/Getty Images

ByRYAN SAAVEDRA
@REALSAAVEDRA
June 21, 2018
 153.6k views
The father of the 2-year-old Honduran girl that became the face of the media's recent attack on the Trump administration for its "zero tolerance" policy on illegal immigration says that she was never separated from her mother at the border and that the mother abandoned her three other children and paid a human smuggler thousands of dollars to illegally enter the United States, all against his wishes.

In an explosive interview with the Daily Mail, Denis Javier Varela Hernandez revealed that his wife, Sandra, had always wanted to move to the U.S. to have access to better economic opportunities, but that she left with their daughter without telling anyone. The Mail reports:

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together. ...

Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes, explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum. ...

He said he heard from friends that his wife paid $6,000 for a coyote - a term for someone who smuggles people across the border.

"I didn't support it," Hernandez told The Mail. "I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day."

"I don't have any resentment for my wife, but I do think it was irresponsible of her to take the baby with her in her arms because we don't know what could happen," Hernandez added.

Speaking about how his other three kids are handling the situation, Hernandez said, "The kids see what's happening. They're a little worried but I don't try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now."

Hernandez's claims come after the media and the Democrats used the photo to try to portray the Trump administration as being heartless toward immigrants, specifically young children.

The Democrats

@TheDemocrats
 This photo is absolutely heartbreaking. Republicans control the House and Senate. They have the power to end Trump’s cruel policy of separating children from their families but continue to remain silent.

John Moore

@jbmoorephoto
A Honduran asylum seeker, 2, and her mother are taken into custody near the US-Mexico border. The Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy for undocumented immigrants calls for the separation of parents and children. #gettyimages #undocumented #gettyimagesnews

View image on Twitter
4:49 PM - Jun 18, 2018
475 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Various individuals on the political Left then used the photo to score political points, either suggesting or stating as fact that she had been separated from her family.

JORGE RAMOS

@jorgeramosnews
 This is Trump’s America. What’s going to happen to this 2-year-old Honduran girl? The new policy is to separate her from her mother. Shame!!! pic.twitter.com/vy6HtRupQE

12:04 PM - Jun 14, 2018
2,202 people are talking about this

Sheril Kirshenbaum

@Sheril_
 The government is illegally separating children from parents seeking asylum.

Stop calling this Trump’s America. He lives in our America. It's on us - The People - to stand up against these atrocities.

[photo: https://twitter.com/jbmoorephoto/status/1006962031281360896 …]

John Moore

@jbmoorephoto
A Honduran asylum seeker, 2, and her mother are taken into custody near the US-Mexico border. The Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy for undocumented immigrants calls for the separation of parents and children. #gettyimages #undocumented #gettyimagesnews pic.twitter.com/2tCmxDYlvd

1:16 PM - Jun 15, 2018
30 people are talking about this

Francisco Sanchez

@DisasterPIO
 Imagine this terrified girl being separated from her family. Just imagine. And if you’re fine with it, and if you can justify it in your mind and heart with the Bible, you might want to restart with the basics and sign up for a summer Bible camp.

John Moore

@jbmoorephoto
A Honduran asylum seeker, 2, and her mother are taken into custody near the US-Mexico border. The Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy for undocumented immigrants calls for the separation of parents and children. #gettyimages #undocumented #gettyimagesnews

View image on Twitter
7:23 PM - Jun 17, 2018
24 people are talking about this

Sara Rue

@SARARUEFORREAL
 This is beyond horrific. I cannot imagine having to seek asylum from the place I was from... (how dangerous must it have been there for me to just leave everything behind?) And then to have my child ripped from my arms once I got the place that I hoped would protect us both?

John Moore

@jbmoorephoto

View image on Twitter
11:32 PM - Jun 14, 2018
28 people are talking about this

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Shaun King

@ShaunKing
 POWERFUL cover from @Time.

Welcome to America.

Sadly, torturing children by snatching them from their parents - and then sending them off with strangers thousands of miles away is how Donald Trump feels powerful.

8:04 AM - Jun 21, 2018
3,396 people are talking about this
Major national news publications ran with the image, noting that it was now the face of the campaign against the Trump administration's immigration policy of separating families at the border even though this has been going on for years and is not new to his administration.

CNN wrote: "The crying girl is quickly becoming the human face of President Donald Trump's new "zero-tolerance" immigration policy, which has resulted in separations of undocumented parents and kids."-

USA Today wrote: "Since June 12, the photo has been shared thousands of times on social media and is currently the cover photo for a Facebook campaign raising money for legal fees to reunite children separated from their parents at the border."

The Washington Post wrote: "By now, millions of people have seen a photo of a 2-year-old girl screaming while a U.S. border agent pats down her mother. Taken last Tuesday, the image has become a symbol of the Trump administration’s new 'zero tolerance' border policies, which have caused hundreds of children to be removed from the parents who brought them here."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2018, 09:43:47 AM »
Hillary Clinton funding anti-Trump, pro-immigration protests
Washington Examiner ^ | June 21, 2018 04:28 PM | Paul Bedard
Posted on 6/22/2018, 11:08:45 AM by E. Pluribus Unum

Hillary Rodham Clinton, the 2016 presidential runner up, raised more than $1 million this week off an appeal critical of President Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the U.S.-Mexico border and now she is giving it to pro-immigrant and pro-asylum groups protesting the president.

In an email, she also urged supporters to hold or attend protest rallies against Trump.

Her email said:

Since I reached out to ask this community to step up and support the groups working to protect and reunite families that have been separated at the border, you’ve raised more than $1 million dollars that will be split between the teams at the American Civil Liberties Union, the Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, the Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project, Human Rights First, Kids in Need of Defense, La Union del Pueblo Entero, the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, United We Dream Action, We Belong Together, and the Women’s Refugee Commission.

To each and every person who made a donation, no matter how big or small: Thank you.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

James

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »

Howard you hypocritical fat piece of shit, these photos below were from 2014 (Obama was in Office) and the same thing was taking place: kids separated from adults:

OBAMA KEPT CHILDREN IN CAGES, WRAPPED THEM IN FOIL

HERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF OBAMA’S ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DETENTION FACILITIES THE MEDIA WON’T SHOW YOU:

Here they are, taken in 2014 during a media tour of Obama-era detention facilities in Brownsville, Texas, and Nogales, Arizona.:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/photos-obama-immigration-detention-facilities

No response yet from the board hypocrite (Howard) ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:10 PM »
Hey howard - should illegals be forced to purchase FAGBAMACARE?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »
‘It’s A Human Right’: Mexican Presidential Candidate On Mass Exodus To America
The Daily Caller ^ | June 22nd, 2018 | Dominic Mancini
Posted on 6/22/2018, 4:18:14 PM by Mariner

Mexican presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) called for mass immigration to the United States during a speech Thursday, declaring it a “human right” for all North Americans.

“And soon, very soon — after the victory of our movement — we will defend all the migrants in the American continent and all the migrants in the world,” Obrador said, adding that immigrants “must leave their towns and find a life in the United States.”

He then declared it as “a human right we will defend,” eluniversal.com reports.

While the election is not until July 1, Obrador is by far the frontrunner.

Obrador in April delivered speech criticizing Trump and promising that Mexico will not become a “piñata” for any foreign government, Global News reports.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

________________________ ____________________

This is the garbage we are facing. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
WTF's going on here?  Russia and Stormy didn't workout, so now it's all about separating illegal parents from their kids?

Your comments are really lame.