Author Topic: Old Time American Pit Bull Terriers  (Read 16360 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Old Time Pitbulls
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »
There was also a Colby testing/ breeding/selling bulldogs in the Sacrament area  early 1900's.
Worst thing that happened to the breed was becoming popular, especially among the degenerate segments of society.

It's not just who owns the dog, but more importantly, who is selecting what dogs get bred and what dogs don't get bred.

Bob Wallace was one of the great Pitbull breeders of the 1950's.  To this day any dog with his name in the pedigree if coveted.  When he died he had all his dogs put to sleep because he said he didn't want the Pepsi generation ruining his dogs.  

In addition, many of Bob Wallace's dogs were the foundation of the AKC American Staffordshire Terrier.

Many of the Pitbulls today are just garbage.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  If you select good dogs to breed you get good pups.  If have an idiot selecting sh#t dogs you will get garbage we have today.  

Burt Clouse and Bob Wallace, two famous breeders

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 09:56:42 PM »
shakespeare would mention bear baitng back in his day

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 07:30:15 AM »
I met and talked with Stratton a few times at the shows in S. California, He knew Wallace and lots of the old time legends.
I still kick myself because I was once at a dogmans house in Ramona looking at a litter of Tater/Faith pups (Patrick), I put down a deposit and later changed my mind and bought a grandson of 'Going Light Barney' that turned out to be a  dud. Many of the Tater/Faith pups turned into winners. Larry McCaw who owned Barney also lived in Ramona although I never met him. 

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
Hooten's Butcher Boy 1967

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
Tudor's Black Demon

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 06:41:37 AM »
Hooten's Butcher Boy 1967

Tragic how that all went down....
Norm Hooten committed suicide after getting busted and refusing to rat out his friends...

Meta-physical

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »
Question for Palumboism and Oldgolds: Do you support dog fighting?

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »
I'm a dog lover, all dogs....
But.....
Most people believe the nonsense about dog fighting from humane society etc....It truly is nonsense...
They believe it's alright to lie if it helps their cause, I believe lying is wrong, period.

Meta-physical

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »
I'm a dog lover, all dogs....
But.....
Most people believe the nonsense about dog fighting from humane society etc....It truly is nonsense...
They believe it's alright to lie if it helps their cause, I believe lying is wrong, period.

Okay, in keeping with the notion that lying is always wrong, could you answer the first question: Do you support dog fighting? Then please explain what it is about the Humane Society's stance on dog fighting that you regard as 'nonsense'.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2018, 09:19:58 AM »
Back in the day, dogs were treated like the beasts they are. Today dogs have better life than humans. Its the way of the devil.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »
As does my dearly departed Luna. (AKA Dubs)... (Wittle Wuna).

Beautiful dog dude, sorry for your loss.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Back in the day, dogs were treated like the beasts they are. Today dogs have better life than humans. Its the way of the devil.

if a humans life is worse than a dog, that's their own fault

E
E

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2018, 05:03:32 PM »
Question for Palumboism and Oldgolds: Do you support dog fighting?

I've never been to a dog fight and don't have any desire to go to one.  I'm not into fighting of any kind like boxing, ultimate fighting, karate.  None of it interests me.  However, I don't have any problem with dog fighting and I like most Pit Bulls.

My neighbor has a Labrador he takes duck hunting.  when he comes home the dog has a duck in it's mouth.  The same instinct that lab has to retrieve a ducks is the same instinct a Pit Bull has to fight.  Yet nobody faults the Lab for holding a  dead duck in it's mouth.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2018, 06:35:49 PM »
In MMA a fighter gets  cuts, bruises etc.This is what they choose to do, should we outlaw MMA?
If a dog is not forced to fight and can quit at any time and you watch him closely and not allow him to get seriously injured is it immoral?
These dogs are silent and  wag their tail as they scrap...They actually enjoy it.....Miniature Mike Tysons...You tell me....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2018, 07:07:05 PM »
I've never been to a dog fight and don't have any desire to go to one.  I'm not into fighting of any kind like boxing, ultimate fighting, karate.  None of it interests me.  However, I don't have any problem with dog fighting and I like most Pit Bulls.

My neighbor has a Labrador he takes duck hunting.  when he comes home the dog has a duck in it's mouth.  The same instinct that lab has to retrieve a ducks is the same instinct a Pit Bull has to fight.  Yet nobody faults the Lab for holding a  dead duck in it's mouth.

ever think the dog views the duck as food?

no problem with dog fighting?  the dog fights because if it doesn't it will be beaten and killed, michael vick would torture dogs that didn't want to fight, saying every pit bull has the instinct to fight is like saying every man wants to be a cage fighter when you know most men would crap their pants if forced in the cage

E
E

Meta-physical

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2018, 07:17:11 PM »
Strong logic, you pieces of shit. Prostitution (when it's not coerced) and steroid usage are activities that supporters most often defend as individual freedoms which deserve to be recognised as specifically self-regarding acts. (*These were the three examples you gave before deleting them, Palumboism.) One might argue that criminalising these acts on the basis of various prejudices, utilitarian appeals to social morality, or religious passages is an unjustifiable abridgement of individual liberty. Attempting to subsume dog fighting into this category, however, demonstrates not only your incredible stupidity, but your utter depravity too. Subjecting sentient, intelligent animals to abuse and torture in the name of entertainment is about as justifiable as child abuse, and it's no coincidence that those who participate in that attempt to justify it by appealing to consent as well. So, Oldgolds, you can take your ridiculous comparison to MMA and your claims of them 'enjoying' being torn apart, and shove it up your decrepit old ass, you fucking spastic. I refuse to even post on the same forum as you.

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2018, 09:44:49 PM »
In MMA a fighter gets  cuts, bruises etc.This is what they choose to do, should we outlaw MMA?
If a dog is not forced to fight and can quit at any time and you watch him closely and not allow him to get seriously injured is it immoral?
These dogs are silent and  wag their tail as they scrap...They actually enjoy it.....Miniature Mike Tysons...You tell me....

You're an idiot or maybe retarded

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2018, 04:50:23 AM »
if a humans life is worse than a dog, that's their own fault

E
I meant as , dogs appear to be more praised than people. For instance, in my country, a restaurant can reject a stinking person, but a stinking dog HAS the right to stay INSIDE the restaurant. Regardless of what kind of life a person has, humans > beasts.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 07:55:48 AM »
So much ignorance on here....You people simply no nothing of which you speak......
Read some of the Stratton books and educate yourselves....
Stop simply accepting the nonsense you read from the Humane society and main stream media....
Get some knowledge....

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »
Strong logic, you pieces of shit. Prostitution (when it's not coerced) and steroid usage are activities that supporters most often defend as individual freedoms which deserve to be recognised as specifically self-regarding acts. (*These were the three examples you gave before deleting them, Palumboism.)

It's been a long week for me.  I don't even remember deleting these. 

I think I deleted them because I didn't have the time to explain that I wasn't saying they were the same I was simply saying they were three things I personally don't believe should be illegal.  Additionally, they are three things I personally have never done nor want to do in the future, but I want others to have the liberty to do them if they so choose.  For example, even though I have no desire to fight a Pit Bull, I have no problem with Oldgolds fighting his dog if he so chooses.  The same for prostitution and steroids.  I don't want a nanny state government.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »
ever think the dog views the duck as food?

no problem with dog fighting?  the dog fights because if it doesn't it will be beaten and killed, michael vick would torture dogs that didn't want to fight, saying every pit bull has the instinct to fight is like saying every man wants to be a cage fighter when you know most men would crap their pants if forced in the cage

E

Nobody would fight a Pit Bull that doesn't want to fight.  It's called a gameness contest for a reason.  The height of the pit is only two feet high, so if a dog doesn't want to fight it simply jumps out of the pit and looses the fight.  Or it makes a turn, which is when one of the dogs turns his head and shoulders away from his opponent.  If a turn is called, the dogs are separated and sent to their corners.  The dog that the turn was called on has less than thirty seconds to cross to the middle of the pit towards the opposing dog or it looses the fight.  So, the object of the fight is to allow the dog as many opportunities to stop fighting if it so chooses.  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2018, 05:54:26 PM »
I meant as , dogs appear to be more praised than people. For instance, in my country, a restaurant can reject a stinking person, but a stinking dog HAS the right to stay INSIDE the restaurant. Regardless of what kind of life a person has, humans > beasts.

the person knows it should shower, the dog doesn't

no excuse for a human to stink

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2018, 05:56:16 PM »
Nobody would fight a Pit Bull that doesn't want to fight.  It's called a gameness contest for a reason.  The height of the pit is only two feet high, so if a dog doesn't want to fight it simply jumps out of the pit and looses the fight.  Or it makes a turn, which is when one of the dogs turns his head and shoulders away from his opponent.  If a turn is called, the dogs are separated and sent to their corners.  The dog that the turn was called on has less than thirty seconds to cross to the middle of the pit towards the opposing dog or it looses the fight.  So, the object of the fight is to allow the dog as many opportunities to stop fighting if it so chooses.  

not michael vick

he would drown or electrocute dogs that didn't want to fight, and he used small dogs like beagles as "sparring partners" for his fighting dogs

E
E

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2018, 12:49:11 AM »
Next on the agenda, cock-fighting. "Is a dead game cock the winner's dinner, or the loser's flaccid reminder of failure?"