Author Topic: Old Time American Pit Bull Terriers  (Read 16519 times)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: Old Time Pitbulls
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »

It's hardly surprising that a man stupid enough to cite studies which destroy his own arguments would also attempt to hide behind vague religious passages rather than deal with any logic. Biblical injunctions are neither legally binding, nor are they ever consistently morally binding, given that you selectively choose which ones to follow. The fact therefore remains that dog fighting is illegal, and you do not live in a theocracy where laws are made by interpreting scripture or appealing to deities. Nonetheless, let's take a closer look at your pathetic excuse for an argument. Exactly what part of God's order that man shall have 'dominion' over animals do you think justifies torturing them for sport? If I have dominion over something - meaning control - is that licence to assert my control in any manner I choose regardless of whether or not that violates any religious or humanist concepts of compassion?

In order to address Palumboism's question too, let me be clear on what we are talking about. We are not debating the morality of killing animals as a matter of necessity in some cases, or the potential justifications for eating meat in modern industrial societies. We are talking about the specific act of subjecting animals to pain and death purely for entertainment. If you condone that, then not only do you potentially weaken any rights protecting you from similar treatment on the basis of your capacity to suffer, but you arbitrarily deny animals any moral status at all, purely as a matter of prejudice. It is quite amazing that the illogical nature of this line of reasoning was highlighted as far back as 1789, yet on Getbig we still find morons willing to make such vacuous appeals. Seeing as a significant portion of this forum are timid introverts masquerading as uncompromising strongman-types, it is likely that they would dismiss this topic in order to avoid being branded a 'liberal' or some other nonsensical, meaningless pejorative. You may then wish to study the issue from the perspective of the Christian right - where the conservative Republican Matthew Scully has wrote extensively on the subject of animal welfare in general. He's not somebody that I would usually turn to, but presuming you've managed to improve your critical reading skills since the last time you made yourself look like a colossal penis, you may just learn something.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/10/pro-life-pro-animal-matthew-scully/

National Review is a conservative publication? Hardly. It's full of neo-cons, wannabe elitists, and other aspiring globalists like yourself who despise traditional American culture and values.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
so bread to be agressive and fight to the death? mmmmm

Bread???

Q

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
Staffordshire Bull Terriers 1920 England.
At the time, these dogs were know as the Bull and Terrier.  The name Staffordshire Bull Terrier name was not adopted till 1935.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is the original Bull and Terrier, which was developed from a mix of the Old English Bull dog and the Old English Terrier.

The English Bull Terrier was developed by James Hinks in the 1850's from a mix of the English White Terrier (now extinct) and the Bull and Terrier.  The Bull Terrier was recognized as a breed in 1862 by the English Kennel club.  The Bull and Terrier was later recognized in 1935 as the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

English Bull Terrier 1915

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2018, 03:22:10 PM »

Old English Bulldog

Crib and Rosa is an 1817 painting by Samuel Raven,
The painting depicts Crib and Rosa, two well known Old English Bulldogs. Rosa was considered to represent correct formation for bulldogs at that time. This painting provides an image of the extinct Old English Bulldog breed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crib_and_Rosa

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2018, 03:41:31 PM »
Old Family Rednose

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2018, 07:36:04 AM »
Beautiful, athletic dog...The morons today who are breeding the 100 lb. blue pitbulls are completely clueless. The true pitbull/bulldog is usually in the 40 lb. range and athletically built, not the blocky muscular dogs that are popular. Many well bred (gamebred) pits are not even recognized as pitbulls by the public. Before a match they are put into a training regimen called a "keep" where they train like a boxer, often working up to 20 miles of roadwork....And yes, they enjoy it....
I had one pit I put in my garage and he would jump on his treadmill and start his roadwork by himself with a big grin on his face. Truly remarkable dogs but not for everyone. Many/most folks are too clueless and irresponsible to be trusted with a fighting breed like this. They shouldn't be left in a backyard because they are
escape artists". They should be chained or on a cable run.

QuadCity

• Getbig I
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2018, 07:42:38 AM »
Great pictures. Timeless. Colby pits are the best. Thanks for this post.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
Beautiful, athletic dog...The morons today who are breeding the 100 lb. blue pitbulls are completely clueless. The true pitbull/bulldog is usually in the 40 lb. range and athletically built, not the blocky muscular dogs that are popular. Many well bred (gamebred) pits are not even recognized as pitbulls by the public. Before a match they are put into a training regimen called a "keep" where they train like a boxer, often working up to 20 miles of roadwork....And yes, they enjoy it....
I had one pit I put in my garage and he would jump on his treadmill and start his roadwork by himself with a big grin on his face. Truly remarkable dogs but not for everyone. Many/most folks are too clueless and irresponsible to be trusted with a fighting breed like this. They shouldn't be left in a backyard because they are
escape artists". They should be chained or on a cable run.

Excellent post! 

My Youtube will sometime suggest videos of American Bullies.  What a money making scam those fat out of shape dogs are.  This breeder talks about how sick and out of shape his dog got at the age of 11.

This in NO WAY is an American Pit Bull Terrier.

The APBT is a fit and athletic breed.
Strider fully conditioned

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »
Jimmy Boots fully conditioned

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2018, 10:37:32 AM »

Don't kid yourself on the old types being a better class of people. Even in the UK where they had bear baiting and dog fights, it was known to be popular among the degenerates and low classes.
And even Jack London's "White Fang" published in 1906 had a dog fighter by the name of Beauty Smith, who was portrayed as mean and of low class.

This picture of John Colby says you're wrong.

This Advertisement by Bob Wallace says you're wrong too.
Just introducing a couple of pure bred Old Family Reds that suite me.
Nothing to peddle.
Nothing at stud.

Bob Wallace is second from the right on the top in this photo wearing the black suit.  Maurice Carver, Earl Tudor, and Floyd Boudreaux are also in this picture.

Floyd Boudreaux with Ox

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »
The morons today who are breeding the 100 lb. blue pitbulls are completely clueless.

them beefed up ones look super cool lol

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2018, 10:55:19 AM »
them beefed up ones look super cool lol

NO, Just NO.  Those are abominations.  They are the dog equivalent of Rich Piana (RIP).

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2018, 11:06:30 AM »
these dogs look completely bad ass imo

this one, may b a little on the large side at 173 pounds, lol:

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2018, 11:09:43 AM »
NO, Just NO.  Those are abominations.  They are the dog equivalent of Rich Piana (RIP).

I understand where you're coming from, but they still look super epic, and every dog that I posted is drug free.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2018, 09:31:45 AM »

This Advertisement by Bob Wallace says you're wrong too.
Just introducing a couple of pure bred Old Family Reds that suite me.
Nothing to peddle.
Nothing at stud.

Bob Wallace is second from the right on the top in this photo wearing the black suit.  Maurice Carver, Earl Tudor, and Floyd Boudreaux are also in this picture.

And Mayfield on the bottom. I think the guy standing far right is Sadler and on the far left Bobby Hall...could be wrong.

Floyd Boudreaux with Ox

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: Old Time American Pit Bull Terriers
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
It’s a shame that this wonderful hobby has come to be associated with the likes of Michael Vick and his ilk.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »

Famous Dogmen - October 29, 1966

Backrow: Leo Kinard, Maurice Carver, Bert Clouse (in back) of Earl Tudor, Bob Hemphill in front of person at door, Bob Wallace, George Saddler.

Front Row: Floyd Boudreaux, Bobby Lewis, Don Maloney, Scotty Nelson

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »
I remember seeing a pic and reading about Wilrox White's Red Tyson

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »
I remember seeing a pic and reading about Wilrox White's Red Tyson

Bob Hemphill and Bob Wallace are known for their Red Nosed APBT.  Wilrox White's Red Tyson has both their names in his pedigree.

HEMPHILL'S GERONIMO
HEMPHILL'S RED DIXIE
WALLACE'S RED SQUAW
WALLACE'S RED ROCK

Wilrox White's Red Tyson
http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=96711
Click on PR PRINDLE'S MAGGIE name in the far right of the pedigree.

Wallace's Red Rock, pictured below on the right is in Red Tyson's pedigree

As well as Hemphill's Geronimo

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2018, 06:55:28 AM »
I live near Tucson...A few years ago the government/humane society raided Pat Patrick's yard of dogs, The dogs were healthy, happy, on chains. Some had scars but that's normal for pits. They confiscated over a hundred dogs and charged him with dog fighting. The case wound it's way through the courts and meanwhile the dogs were all killed/euthinized because the humans society/government claimed as fighting dogs, they were not adoptable...120 BEAUTIFUL DOGS WERE KILLED....Pat Patrick won his case and was exonerated.
THIS is how the humane society and government operate....If they see treadmills or scars they prosecute....
I guess they maintain that the dogs were better off dead than living their lives on chains in Patricks yard...This is pure bullshit...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2018, 06:33:37 AM »
Some breeders are trying to bring back the Antebellum Bull Dog. They might want to change its name, you know with the association with words "antebellum" and "slavery".
http://www.easypetmd.com/doginfo/antebellum-bulldog

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2018, 07:29:14 AM »

Most men at that time used to dress pretty classy even poor ones.. especially for a photo portrait.

But Colby was known among old-schoolers as a peddler.

Having a game pit is a huge responsibility, even a cur pitbull should NOT be available on the hands of the public.

Reason is that the oldschoolers knew the consequences, not only against other animals but time to time Manbiters pitbulls existed, no matter how you raised.

Gr.champion Zebo, Gr.ch Virgil, Gr.ch Angus were notorious man-biters.. and imagine these dogs on the hands of person with zero knowledge about pitbulls? let alone dogs?!! they'd even bite you if you didn't release them when they saw another dog/cat/person..

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
Beautiful dog dude, sorry for your loss.

Thanks bud, she was sweet, died suddenly on Xmas morning, only 3 years old... sucks...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
Most men at that time used to dress pretty classy even poor ones.. especially for a photo portrait.

But Colby was known among old-schoolers as a peddler.

Having a game pit is a huge responsibility, even a cur pitbull should NOT be available on the hands of the public.

Reason is that the oldschoolers knew the consequences, not only against other animals but time to time Manbiters pitbulls existed, no matter how you raised.

Gr.champion Zebo, Gr.ch Virgil, Gr.ch Angus were notorious man-biters.. and imagine these dogs on the hands of person with zero knowledge about pitbulls? let alone dogs?!! they'd even bite you if you didn't release them when they saw another dog/cat/person..
And what wares was Colby selling?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »

Raw emotion and very little logic from people who know very little about what they are talking about.....
The dogs are not fought to the death. Usually a guy picks up his dog when the dog has lost or if a dog shows he wants to quit the referee stops the contest and the dog has to show he wants to continue. These dogs love to fight, they are not forced. Anyone who has been around competition bred pits knows this is true. So much ignorance from people who blindly accept information from the media or the humane society....Do you really want the truth or do you just want to believe the bullshit that's in your mind?

And I will add to Oldgolds very knowledgeable post..  a lot of people are up in arms over bull fighting in some countries. The fact is, the bulls love to fight, and the bulls aren't harmed. They are lulled into a sense of well being by sword pokes and gently fall asleep. So much disinformation out there about Bull fights and dog fights, I'm glad Oldgolds and I had the opportunity to dispel the false info