Author Topic: Getbiggers.....  (Read 1719 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Getbiggers.....
« on: June 23, 2018, 07:34:49 AM »
Why do so many people at the gym spend so long on one piece of equipment?

I’m at the gym now and some guy has been using the smith machine for about 25 minutes  ??? ??? ???
X

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Getbiggers.....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »

I’m at the gym now and some guy has been using the smith machine for about 25 minutes  ??? ??? ???

Sometimes if I’m doing incline bench on Smith cause my shoulder hurts with free weights sometimes,I will do 15-20 sets at different inclines and be there for 45 min.Luckily the gym as 3 smiths and I don’t go when busy.im not playing on my phone or just sitting there though I do a set every 60-90 seconds.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 07:47:33 AM »

Probably because they're spending half their time posting nonsense on Getbig.
:

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Getbiggers.....
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
I found this on the gym floor. Is it a steronz? Should I report it?

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 08:47:48 AM »

::) ::) ::)

It took me about 45 seconds to make the post. Try again.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 08:48:38 AM »
Sometimes if I’m doing incline bench on Smith cause my shoulder hurts with free weights sometimes,I will do 15-20 sets at different inclines and be there for 45 min.Luckily the gym as 3 smiths and I don’t go when busy.im not playing on my phone or just sitting there though I do a set every 60-90 seconds.

Damn! That's a long time, but I understand why you do it to warm up your shoulder.

My gym also has 3 smith machines and the people stay on them for a very long time. Then again, they use everything for a very long time.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »

Beat me too it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »
Smith machines = gay
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 08:56:46 AM »
people r dumb and lazy.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »
Smith machines = gay

Calm down, tough guy.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »
people r dumb and lazy.

I started to place a bench under the smith machine to use and 2 people walked over and said, "we are using it." Meanwhile, they were also using 3 other pieces of equipment.  ??? ??? I get people do supersets, but come on, 4 pieces of equipment is ridiculous, especially when you're monopolizing it for like 30 minutes.

I pretty much walked away. I am too old to argue with people these days.  :-\ :-\
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »
I started to place a bench under the smith machine to use and 2 people walked over and said, "we are using it." Meanwhile, they were also using 3 other pieces of equipment.  ??? ??? I get people do supersets, but come on, 4 pieces of equipment is ridiculous, especially when you're monopolizing it for like 30 minutes.

I pretty much walked away. I am too old to argue with people these days.  :-\ :-\

Should have told them to get fucked mate, How fucking ignorant are people these days thinking it’s ok to use 4 bits of gym gear to themselves? Works gym at last job was small but still got the odd cunnt thinking they can giant set the entire gym almost, with gym being small if someone was using more than one bit and I needed it I’d go ahead and use it as they are in the wrong thinking they can tie up multiple equipment in such a small gym, on little Iranian fella took offence at this but rather than voice his displeasure he passed by me really close and threw a very intimidating high kick at the nearby punch bag

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 09:19:53 AM »
Should have told them to get fucked mate, How fucking ignorant are people these days thinking it’s ok to use 4 bits of gym gear to themselves? Works gym at last job was small but still got the odd cunnt thinking they can giant set the entire gym almost, with gym being small if someone was using more than one bit and I needed it I’d go ahead and use it as they are in the wrong thinking they can tie up multiple equipment in such a small gym, on little Iranian fella took offence at this but rather than voice his displeasure he passed by me really close and threw a very intimidating high kick at the nearby punch bag

are you drunk?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »

Henda, you always provide me with solid advice.

I was close to saying something, but decided against it. The last thing I need is to get into a scuffle and having the cops called. Then I will wind up like ESFITNESS.  :-\ :-\
X

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 09:24:40 AM »

typical beta male

people just treat you like shit and youre used to it so you just walk away

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »
How about watching someone use the hammer strength bench as a delt machine...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 09:31:16 AM »
How about watching someone use the hammer strength bench as a delt machine...

Haha even worse.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 09:34:33 AM »

You should've started gulping down water at the 10 minute mark, waited for them to set up, then pissed on the bencher right at the top of the rep. Sure, you'd probably have to run, but you would've certain established dominance ;D.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 09:41:40 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »
You should've started gulping down water at the 10 minute mark, waited for them to set up, then pissed on the bencher right at the top of the rep. Sure, you'd probably have to run, but you would've certain established dominance ;D.

Just like a lion. I am king of the jungle!
X

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2018, 10:07:58 AM »

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

mr.Canada spend 25 years on 1 piece of equipment (biceps suppinator machine)  ;D

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 05:13:45 PM »
Just like a lion. I am king of the jungle!

Tiger = King of the Jungle
Lion  = Savannah King

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 07:18:47 PM »
I heard on the radio where the host says that how can it be that studies show that more people than ever before go to a gym, more people than every before are more educated on diet and nutrition and make concerted efforts to eat better, yet more people than every before are fat and out of shape.

The first thing I thought, from my decades long experience at the various gyms, is that sure, more people go to gyms, it's more crowded than ever before, but few are doing anything productive. The vast majority of their time, I would say 85%, is spent just sitting on equipment. Sitting there watching the TV and on their cell phone. I thought I saw it all when I saw a guy watching a movie on his cell while actually doing leg presses on the machine. Then I saw a guy on an ab machine where the pad goes across your chest actually texting while doing 1/4 inch crunches.

Of all the obstacles involved for an ordinary person to stay consistent with working out: the time available, the motivation, the energy, the physical discomfort that comes with exertion; by far for me, my biggest obstacle is other people in the gym. The vast majority that just take up space and hog equipment. The people who go there just to say they go there and that they work out. It's not like the old days when there was no a/c, no TVs, no comfortable machines, just dingy, dark rooms with loud clanking of metal -- not an inviting place for the normal Joe. So, in those days only the true believers were there. The ones who actually wanted to workout and improve themselves. It was normal and welcomed to share a piece of equipment so that you can have a training partner to help motivate and spot you for that exercise.

I know people get sick of old people reminiscing but there were some things better back in the day.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 03:10:24 AM »
It's because they don't understand the difference between a machine and DP's sofa