Author Topic: just did blood work after changing eating habits, results are crazy  (Read 4450 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
started to clean things up a while ago, and got into intermittent fasting. would go from 11 pm to noon the next day with out food, just coffee. then I added oatmeal, just old fashioned Quaker Oats, plain, uncooked, in a bowl with milk. I would let it sit for about 5 minutes, then eat it. took a few days to get used to it. now, I love it. then I just cut out the bullshit, fast food, chips, no alcohol, (don't drink soda anyway). after a while, I like how I felt, not bloated, not feeling full, no 6 meals a day bullshit.

so I did my blood tests yesterday, and the results are in. my cholesterol, which I do take a small satin, is virtually undected. LDL-44/ total-82/triglycerides-88/ HDL, (which is always low-33) lowest numbers I have ever had.
my bun and creatine had been creeping up, they were all normal. every thing was in the normal range.

and my glucose level was 97, best it has ever been. I'm just blown away about the changes that I feel intermittent fasting has done for me. the weight loss has not come yet, but I still trying.   

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: just did blood work after changing eating habits, results are crazy
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »
congrats, thats great to hear

im not much into breakfast myself so for me it wouldnt be a big deal not eating until noon if i were to try

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »
Good to hear that.I ate nothing but plain oatmea,egg whites,almonds and veggies for 8 weeks and my blood work still sucks.been eating oats for breakfast my whole life and my cholesterol sucks.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 03:28:22 PM »
Guess you've go the go-ahead you needed to hop back on the sauce! What's your stack?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 04:15:00 PM »
started to clean things up a while ago, and got into intermittent fasting. would go from 11 pm to noon the next day with out food, just coffee. then I added oatmeal, just old fashioned Quaker Oats, plain, uncooked, in a bowl with milk. I would let it sit for about 5 minutes, then eat it. took a few days to get used to it. now, I love it. then I just cut out the bullshit, fast food, chips, no alcohol, (don't drink soda anyway). after a while, I like how I felt, not bloated, not feeling full, no 6 meals a day bullshit.

so I did my blood tests yesterday, and the results are in. my cholesterol, which I do take a small satin, is virtually undected. LDL-44/ total-82/triglycerides-88/ HDL, (which is always low-33) lowest numbers I have ever had.
my bun and creatine had been creeping up, they were all normal. every thing was in the normal range.

and my glucose level was 97, best it has ever been. I'm just blown away about the changes that I feel intermittent fasting has done for me. the weight loss has not come yet, but I still trying.   

Haven't had blood work done in a while but changed my diet up, training a lot more, cardio 4-5 days week and have dropped 19lbs as of today. When you get older there HAS to be a lifestyle change.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »

So can you stop taking statins and get your erections back?

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »
My stack is 75 mgs  a week of pure testosterone cypionate. And if I need help with a boner, a little 100 mg pill
Of generic viraga, and look out momma😂😂😂

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 06:55:48 PM »
Caloric deficits do wonders and it doesn’t even have to be “clean”. College professors have improved their blood markers following a twinkie/gas station diet in a caloric deficit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
My stack is 75 mgs  a week of pure testosterone cypionate. And if I need help with a boner, a little 100 mg pill
Of generic viraga, and look out momma😂😂😂

Admittedly, I'm juuuuuuuust a little more than that.. ;D

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 11:22:31 PM »
Haven't had blood work done in a while but changed my diet up, training a lot more, cardio 4-5 days week and have dropped 19lbs as of today. When you get older there HAS to be a lifestyle change.

Coach keep going you will feel so much better. During a very stressful time in my life I decided to jump into bodybuilding and added over 30 lbs of muscle. I was the biggest I have ever been and over 50 at that. Now being closer to 60 and a grandpa I decided to make some huge changes. I  began hiking, changed my diet, switched to fast circuits, and have dropped over 30 lbs. I actually had a bp reading at a blood donation of 110/60. Look more jacked/vascular and waist is down to 32 in shorts. I was at one point close to 180 but reset there and added some muscle back.

Spine issues are still persisting but overall I feel much better.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
Judo,your total lipid level is 82?? OR is it 182?? Dont have it to low, cholesterol is important, just as many (or more) heart attacks are from people w/ low lipid levels...

If that low, get off the statins, you dont need them...

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »
actually, my total was 92. still really low. I see my hormone doctor soon and will ask him about cutting down the dosage. thanks

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
I've gotta do something like this...
My last bloodwork in Jan my cholesterol was pretty high, don't remember the exact numbers as my papers are home, but my company dr suggested I get on a statin which I'm not crazy about.

I just went back on a light cycle of test cyp 2mnths ago and run .5mg adex 2-3x a week so I know my levels aren't improving.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 05:24:43 PM »
Good to hear that.I ate nothing but plain oatmea,egg whites,almonds and veggies for 8 weeks and my blood work still sucks.been eating oats for breakfast my whole life and my cholesterol sucks.

Oatmeal always made me feel like shit. Low energy and ravenously hungry after 1-2 hrs of eating it. Whole oats too not the sugary low fiber stuff. Everything it's praised for as a health food I completely disagree with.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »
My last bloodwork in Jan my cholesterol was pretty high, don't remember the exact numbers as my papers are home, but my company dr suggested I get on a statin which I'm not crazy about.

I just went back on a light cycle of test cyp 2mnths ago and run .5mg adex 2-3x a week so I know my levels aren't improving.

I hear nothing but bad things when i hear statin

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 09:42:54 PM »

What was your diet like before this?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 12:48:07 AM »
Caloric deficits do wonders and it doesn’t even have to be “clean”. College professors have improved their blood markers following a twinkie/gas station diet in a caloric deficit.

^^This. Nothing magical about fasting or “clean” diets. If you lower your calorie intake below maintenance level your body burns everything in sight.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 01:12:40 AM »
^^This. Nothing magical about fasting or “clean” diets. If you lower your calorie intake below maintenance level your body burns everything in sight.

fasting is one thing. eating clean another. eating less calories for weight loss a third.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 05:35:00 AM »
fasting is one thing. eating clean another. eating less calories for weight loss a third.

Maybe if you consider micronutrients, but as far as weight loss is concerned.....no. Intermittent fasting is the newest fad. People like to be part of a group and fasting is right up there with clean eating, IIFYM, keto, paleo, crossfit, and fasted cardio. Nothing is magical. People need to use what works best for them (what they can stick to for years) and not be dogmatic about it.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 05:45:19 AM »

Find your numbers and research it. Dont go on their recommendation if total is a bit high. If LDL and Triglycerides are good, thats waht you need to worry about. My HDL is so high, it jacks up my total.
Cant have enough HDL.

Drug pushers for big $$$ (Most Doc's)...

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 06:02:28 AM »
Hello Meadows.

Bodybuilders and their fucking blood work and publicly reporting it . You'd think physically active men under age 60 wouldn't have to constantly check their blood work...

Meadows routinely posts his results on FB.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 06:46:04 AM »
I got mine checked about a week ago. Did all the general bloodwork and also pet work who checks alcohol conumption. Everything was normal. My bloodpreasure was abit high though so they put me on an extra betablocker. Its always to your benefit to have all these values in a good range.
MIRAGETROPIN

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
Maybe if you consider micronutrients, but as far as weight loss is concerned.....no. Intermittent fasting is the newest fad. People like to be part of a group and fasting is right up there with clean eating, IIFYM, keto, paleo, crossfit, and fasted cardio. Nothing is magical. People need to use what works best for them (what they can stick to for years) and not be dogmatic about it.

I agree but I like intermittent fasting when I overindulge like during the holidays. And it's actually quite easy to go 24 hrs or so without food if you do.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 05:35:14 PM »
I agree but I like intermittent fasting when I overindulge like during the holidays. And it's actually quite easy to go 24 hrs or so without food if you do.

I completely agree. It’s a handy tool when you know you’ve got a huge meal coming up. I’ll be doing it tomorrow although I’m maintaining at a cushy 3400 calories.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 08:39:44 PM »
I completely agree. It’s a handy tool when you know you’ve got a huge meal coming up. I’ll be doing it tomorrow although I’m maintaining at a cushy 3400 calories.

The inner child wants ice cream, tell it no.