Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman: The King Movie - Kevin Levrone getting Ronnie drunk  (Read 3866 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Kevin getting Ronnie drunk
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
I wouldn’t go that far. Kevin beat him at the San Francisco Pro show, the same year Ronnie won his first Olympia.

It wasn't for his back though ...

WOSH

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »
It wasn't for his back though ...

WOSH

They were basically the same size back in the late 90s. Again, Kevin won 6 straight European Grand Prix shows before that vodka thing. Ronnie won that final show to end Kevin’s streak.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 09:51:03 AM »
Nah. It was a bubble that existed from 1994 to about 2001. I don't know how to explain it other than bodybuilding really started in the 1960s and reached its logical peak of maturity, popularity, genetic elite, and entertainment value in its 'adulthood' phase, which I guess was 30 years later. Now it's experiencing the same decline in quality of competitors and view-ability as an elderly man in irreversible decline. Yeah, yeah, social media, YouTube bodybuilding stars, steroid busts, 'physique' divisions, etc. came along. But had that been the case in 1995, it wouldn't have made Kevin or Shawn or Mike Mazz less interesting. They were creatures of their time for sure, but if they existed today, they'd be far more popular than the prick currently holding the Sandow. Phil Heath is without a doubt the biggest asshole the industry has ever seen. I don't even know him and I really, truly hate him. But hey, let's keep letting him win while sidelining other qualified bodybuilders so that people can ignore the contests some more.

That was a very The Scott type answer.

That’s just a generational thing. Guys from Arnold’s days were slamming the Levrones and Coleman’s of the late 90s and early 2000s. And guys from Harold Poole’s day accuse Arnold and his crew of going too far,  ding “all drugs”,  not being physical culturists, etc.
I’m