Author Topic: Ivy league is out?  (Read 3676 times)

Elvishk

• Getbig III
  • Roidgut, cock bulge, huge pecs, massive quads
Ivy league is out?
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »
My nephews chooses UCLA rather than ivy league or MIT, Chicago.  i feel surprise and don't understand, because his dad is dartmouth and his mom is cornell.  tuition and fees should not be problem.
my friend told me ivy league is out and falling.  Even top tier students prefer Stanford, not harvard and yale.  UC, USC are the most famous colleges.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Ivy league is out?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
This is the age old conflict between the Eastern U. S. and the Western U. S....

It is this way, (...as presented to me by an Active member...) even in the U. S. M. C.  "You Parris Island...or a Fucken 'Hollywood Marine'?"  is how California personnel transferred to the east coast are greeted

...or so it has been related to me by talkative (drunk) Marines home on leave.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 03:03:00 AM »
By the way, I can totally see why he would rather be in Los Angeles than Boston.

Elvishk

• Getbig III
  • Roidgut, cock bulge, huge pecs, massive quads
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:04:20 PM »
I talk to him and explain college is in relation to your future and career.  If Stanford, I must say go.  Otherwise, please choose Ivy.  He is a bit unhappy but knows that family insists on traditional college.  His dad will prepare a "wish list" to him.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 02:52:00 AM »
Well, hopefully he can find a decent polo team out west.

jjfit

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 03:36:19 PM »
Doesn't matter, not like college is even worth it for the middle class unless you want debt. Better to go to a trade school these days.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:47:52 PM »
My nephews chooses UCLA rather than ivy league or MIT, Chicago.  i feel surprise and don't understand, because his dad is dartmouth and his mom is cornell.  tuition and fees should not be problem.
my friend told me ivy league is out and falling.  Even top tier students prefer Stanford, not harvard and yale.  UC, USC are the most famous colleges.

The difference is the lifetime connections when you graduate and it looks good on a resume'. The education is about the same whether you go to Yale or SDSU. I just had a client I've had since high school graduate with her JD from Chapman, a very good law school, she would probably get beat out for a position if someone came in from an Ive League.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 10:45:46 PM »
When I Was a Lad...