Author Topic: Woman, 92, kills son who wanted her in a nursing home.  (Read 4386 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Woman, 92, kills son who wanted her in a nursing home.
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:16:08 AM »
A 92-year-old Arizona woman allegedly shot and killed her 72-year-old son after he tried to put her in assisted living, police said.

Officers arrived at Anna Mae Blessing’s home in Fountain Hills, Arizona on Monday and found her son, Thomas Blessing, dead on the floor of the master bedroom with a gunshot wound to the neck and jaw, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

Police said they found Blessing sitting on a recliner in her bedroom and arrested her when she muttered to police, “You took my life, so I’m taking yours.”

Blessing told police she killed her son because was wanted to take her to an assisted living facility.

Blessing entered the master bedroom and began arguing with her son and his 57-year-old girlfriend and told them that she was tired of the way she was being treated when she shot her son. She then attempted to shoot her son’s girlfriend but the younger woman was able to wrestle the gun away from Blessing and threw it in the corner, police said.

Blessing then pulled a second gun from her robe and pointed it at the girlfriend but she was able to wrestle it away, as well.

Blessing told police she purchased the handguns in the 1970’s and that she came to live with her son and his girlfriend four months ago. She told police she had been up for the last three to four nights thinking about her son telling her he was going to place her in an assisted living facility.

After shooting her son, Blessing said checked his pulse to confirm he was dead, according to police. She said that when she returned to her room she wanted to kill herself but did not have a gun because her son’s girlfriend wrestled them away.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Re: Woman, 92, kills son who wanted her in a nursing home.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 11:22:25 AM »
Blessing entered the master bedroom and began arguing with her son and his 57-year-old girlfriend and told them that she was tired of the way she was being treated when she shot her son. She then attempted to shoot her son’s girlfriend but the younger woman was able to wrestle the gun away from Blessing and threw it in the corner, police said.

Blessing then pulled a second gun from her robe and pointed it at the girlfriend but she was able to wrestle it away, as well.

She said that when she returned to her room she wanted to kill herself but did not have a gun because her son’s girlfriend wrestled them away.

lol, brutal

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 11:24:14 AM »
At age 92 there was probably a lot paranoia in her mind.... plus decades of mental decline. It’s unfortunate that it happened. I wonder if her lawyer can get her placed in a mental health facility instead of prison.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »
Blessed.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 11:35:51 AM »
yanks gonna yank

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »
Golden Girls Gone Wild

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 11:38:23 AM »

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 12:14:19 PM »
she gave him life, she has the right to take it away.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »
Fuckers so bastard old even if they give her 6 months prison sentence chancers are high it’s a life sentence

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 02:04:51 PM »
I wonder if her lawyer can get her placed in a mental health facility instead of prison.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to live in an assisted living home (of any type).

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
“I just got back from a trip to Florida, half business, half pleasure. I put my mother in a nursing home.”

Dave Atell

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »
to me it disgusting that kids would do that to their parents... I can't blame her. She took  care of you when you were a ball of useless nothing and when it your turn you want her to spend her last days in a hostel being cared for by strangers who couldn't give a shit about her..

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 02:41:58 PM »

Ok your on a roll! ;D

The gf definitely got lucky taking away both guns. :o

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 04:00:27 PM »
She still hasn't died for us bitches.
K

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 08:37:50 PM »
Very intradasting.

My kids better not try this. The house is in my name. If I end up in an assisted living facility against my will, they'll end up on the street.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 11:01:14 PM »
Very intradasting.

My kids better not try this. The house is in my name. If I end up in an assisted living facility against my will, they'll end up on the street.

I would hope not since your nice enough to allow them to live with you. Besides assisted living facilities are not cheap.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 02:44:59 AM »

Sad story. Wicked...
MIRAGETROPIN

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 04:29:01 AM »
to me it disgusting that kids would do that to their parents... I can't blame her. She took  care of you when you were a ball of useless nothing and when it your turn you want her to spend her last days in a hostel being cared for by strangers who couldn't give a shit about her..

Sometimes parents require constant care & supervision, beyond what anyone can provide.  What do you suggest they do?