Author Topic: 2018 Olympia - Advice for Olympia Visitors Sept. 13 - 16.  (Read 539 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2018 Olympia - Advice for Olympia Visitors Sept. 13 - 16.
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:53:03 PM »
If you plan to come to Vegas for the 2018 IFBB Olympia (Sept 13 - 16), I will be offering some suggestions on how to make your visit more enjoyable and a bit cheaper.

And if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to fire away and I'll do my best to respond to the best of my knowledge. And I'm pretty damn smart when it comes to this shit!

First of all ... book your flight and hotel room reservations early as even now may be too late to get the best deal possible. (See below regarding The Orleans.)

FLIGHT TO LV: You Hawaii guys and gals should check out Alaska Airlines (Alaskan Air ??) which I have been told by a Kamaina  is $400 a round trip.

Sorry to say, but the rest of you Olympia fans are on your own to get a good airline fare. But I suggest SW Air as a possibility.

LAS VEGAS HOTELS: Every time that there is a major convention in this town ... the hotel room rates skyrocket and the Olympia is big enough to add lots of expensive fuel to that sky-bound rocket.

It's not the cheapest suggestion, but if you want to be within the center of the Olympia activity, you should consider booking a room at the host hotel ... The Orleans.

But unless there are some cancellations, the Orleans is sold out on Sept. 14 & 15 (Fri. and Sat.) but I suggest you call room reservations to check for an update.

Orleans room reservations 800-675-3267. Give them a try. You may be lucky!

If you did manage to get a room at the Orleans you would only have to leave your hotel to attend the Olympia Expo at the LV Convention Center. I belive that the Orleans will provide shuttle service to and from the hotel to the Expo.

All other Olympia functions are held at the Orleans.

OTHER HOTELS WORTH MENTIONING: All Las Vegas visitors should be aware that all Las Vegas hotels kinda lie when it comes to advertising their nightly hotel room rates. They lie a bit by failing to include what they call a "resort fee" or "amenities fee"  which can be an additional $15 to $40 fee added to that advertised daily room fee as well as the tax per room per day. Also you gota pay $12 to $24+ a day to park your car.

So a $59 advertised room can actually cost you moe than $100 and often much more.

So read the fine print and don't let them surprise you while checking out.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: ADVICE FOR 2018 IFBB OLYMPIA VISITORS Sept. 13 - 16.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:01:16 PM »
Getbiggers have their executive assistants take care of all this shit and don't worry about price.

Last time the mod group went, everything was comped anyway.
Y

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
Yes, GRAPE. I am always comp't at the "O" but I always give those compt firsrt row seats to my executives who post this stuff. And to be perfectly honest we had a tough time last year giving that last ticket away until I walked over to the ticket office and handed it to the first person who actually looked like he saw the inside of a weight room.

BTW ... Hotels.com is advertising Wild, Wild, Wst rooms for $50 a nite which I believe icludes everything

Nothing fancy but this place is less than a mile east of The Orleans.

For details go to Hotels.com. Day's inn Wild Wild West.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 01:44:43 PM »
whatabout sharing a room?

i bet we can sneak in a lot of getbiggers into the same room and save a lot of money that way

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 07:10:47 PM »
i need to get in better shape to attend that thing :) haha