Author Topic: Latest Junk Foodity Review:Strawberry Kit Kat (Updated Apple Pie Rec 8/1/20)  (Read 1892 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Hey, guys. Sorry for the delay on this . Been getting a lot of requests in my inbox, but haven't had a lot of time for my reviews lately.

Anyway, this post's product is Strawberry Kit Kat, Flavor of California. I highly recommend this product. I used to see these at the asian specialty store, but didn't try them until a few months ago, when another store near me started carrying them. I like Kit Kats, but wasn't really curious about specialty flavors- decided to give these a shot.

These are really good. The coating isn't chocolatey, it tastes like a lot like  cap'n crunch or fruity pebbles milk. HTexan's post on ghost protein reminded me that I should post this review. The other reason I'm posting now is that I haven't been seeing them out in the wild so much. They're probably limited edition and near the end of their  promo cycle, so if you're interested, try to get some soon.

One important thing to remember is that the strawberry kit kat and the strawberry kit kat flavor of california are two different flavors. Regular strawberry just tastes like chocolate with a light strawberry flavor added. I am not recommending that one. I'll post a more detailed review of that in the future.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: Latest Junk Foodity Review:Strawberry Kit Kat
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
That looks vomitous.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »
It sounds gross but I’d try it and it would prob be good.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 05:24:37 PM »
I bet you have an emergency stash of Sour Patch Kids underneath your mattress.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 05:30:50 PM »
Looks like a San Fransisco-invention.

Wouldn't surprise me if a rainbowcolored one is released.
Q

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
That looks vomitous.
It sounds gross but I’d try it and it would prob be good.

Haha don't blame y'all.
Earlier, was trying to remember why I first tried them, because they weren't something that sounded that great to me, then as I was writing this post it came to me. The imported flavors from Japan are about $8-10 for a family bag, but the flavor of california bag of minis was only like $4. (Kit Kats are extremely popular in Japan)  So I was like "I'll try them, even though I don't expect to like them." After that, I ended up getting a few bags of the japanese flavors, some were better than others, but strawberry is definitely the best flavor. There's a lemon one that is also very good. Incidentally, the japanese version of strawberry is the american version of "taste of california".

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
I bet you have an emergency stash of Sour Patch Kids underneath your mattress.

Nah, never was into candy with sour coating. It's funny, though, back when drkaje posted here, in one of my other review threads I think he said that he had an emergency stash of sour patch kids. But my love for sugary foods has been well-documented here, so it's no secret that I probably have a stash of sweets somewhere at any given time. We're heading up to canada for a wedding in about two weeks. The thing I'm looking forward to most is one of these everyday for the three days we're there.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 09:27:05 PM »
Those Kit Kats are barely food. Not my thing...

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 03:55:12 AM »
Looks ghey and revolting, just like the entire tree hugging, butt-chugging state of California...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 12:51:58 PM »
Those Kit Kats are barely food. Not my thing...

Yup... they are candy.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 05:55:07 PM »
Just a heads up for anyone whose interested...

Was at Walmart earlier today and saw these limited editions :

Was so excited, I came in the store. I ended up getting arrested as a result, and tried both versions as soon as I was bailed out. There were only 2 of each left in the store when I purchased (naturally, they are both limited edition) and the sales clerk said she was surprised that there were any there because they sell out quickly.

I expected to like the birthday cake better, but  I would say I was  slightly disappointed by it. It was nothing special, so won't bother with a review. However...

Get the apple pie if you can find it. It  was such an unexpected treat. It has a really pronounced apple pie flavor and a nice creamy center. It's sort of like if apple pie was made into a really, really good dehydrated desert for astronauts.

That's just a quick rec/review. SOMEPARTS, you actually already commented in this thread, so don't feel obligated to  have to comment again. I know how much it must pain you to be forced to participate in every one of these threads.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 06:17:42 PM »
I love Stawberry Quick and the little strawberry wafer cookies so I’ll have to try and find these. Good looking out.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 07:03:14 PM »
Kit Kat was originated in the UK. I'm not a sweet tooth guy, but Kit Kats are my favourite.

However it doesn't taste the same in the US. It's far to sweet there for my liking. Chocolate in general is very poor in the US. Fast food however, America is king!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »
I love Stawberry Quick and the little strawberry wafer cookies so I’ll have to try and find these. Good looking out.

Bro, those were discontinued. I just  updated in this thread because it was the same brand. Get the apple pies. Thank me later.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »
Hey, guys. Sorry for the delay on this . Been getting a lot of requests in my inbox, but haven't had a lot of time for my reviews lately.

Anyway, this post's product is Strawberry Kit Kat, Flavor of California. I highly recommend this product. I used to see these at the asian specialty store, but didn't try them until a few months ago, when another store near me started carrying them. I like Kit Kats, but wasn't really curious about specialty flavors- decided to give these a shot.

These are really good. The coating isn't chocolatey, it tastes like a lot like  cap'n crunch or fruity pebbles milk. HTexan's post on ghost protein reminded me that I should post this review. The other reason I'm posting now is that I haven't been seeing them out in the wild so much. They're probably limited edition and near the end of their  promo cycle, so if you're interested, try to get some soon.

One important thing to remember is that the strawberry kit kat and the strawberry kit kat flavor of california are two different flavors. Regular strawberry just tastes like chocolate with a light strawberry flavor added. I am not recommending that one. I'll post a more detailed review of that in the future.

Reminds me of Fat Panda his Kit Kats and the calorie is a calorie diet.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
Kit Kat was originated in the UK. I'm not a sweet tooth guy, but Kit Kats are my favourite.

However it doesn't taste the same in the US. It's far to sweet there for my liking. Chocolate in general is very poor in the US. Fast food however, America is king!

I can't believe how sheltered my life in regard to candy. Although I've heard of such a thing, I never really tried a Kit Kat until I heard it was Ed Corney's favorite candy and requested when he was very ill a couple of years back. They're good and I feel I've lost a part of my life going five decades without Kit Kats.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:54 PM »

All Europeans say this, but especially Brits. I don't notice that big of a quality difference between British and American chocolate, but I am probably just inured by now.

America has huge corn/ farming lobbies and modern mass market snack foods are practically developed starting with how much fructose can be squeezed into them. Even savory foods. McDonalds preproduction process for french fried includes a blanching in corn syrup  here in America. I don't think this is done to the fries in the UK or other parts of the world.

Also, America is so big that manufacturing something that truly tastes good is often a distant second to just being able to create something that tastes pretty much the same across all batches, can be delivered to a wide variety of far flung climates and is shelf stable for a good amount of time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 08:54:43 PM »

Does this mean you've entered the "I would have been ripped by now if I wasn't losing muscle, so the diet is done" big guy weight loss freak out phase?  ;D