Author Topic: Whole Foods bought out by amazon. still sucks  (Read 3502 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
Whole Foods bought out by amazon. still sucks
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
amazon bought Whole Foods a while ago, promising to lower prices. went today because they have a special if you spend 10 bucks, and your a amazon prime member, you would get 10 bucks credit on prime day, which is next Monday.
haven't been in Whole Foods in a while, well, nothing has changed. everything is triple the price elsewhere???? im like wtf? totally still overpriced. me and the wife looked around, saw that nothing had changed, and walked out. unbelievable

but there are a lot of hot women in that store. all yoga pants, just coming from the gym. hot rich women. if I was single, I would just camp out at the wine bar, talking to hotties :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Whole Foods bought out by amazon. still sucks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:33:34 PM »
my reason to go to whole foods? specialty items i eat on a rare basis - (seafood) or having guest over will get some fancy meats but yeah man over priced

whole foods will either be super hippie type or rich white females in their white range rover HSE sport

Fameandglory

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:35:28 PM »
my reason to go to whole foods? specialty items i eat on a rare basis - (seafood) or having guest over will get some fancy meats but yeah man over priced

whole foods will either be super hippie type or rich white females in their white range rover HSE sport

no doubt you go. Anything to fit in with your popped collar and probably name brand flip flops, Id lay odds theres a lameass hipster beard in there too

you are the biggest douche bitch on this board

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:48:17 PM »
no doubt you go. Anything to fit in with your popped collar and probably name brand flip flops, Id lay odds theres a lameass hipster beard in there too

you are the biggest douche bitch on this board

lol! i admitted i went for specialty items

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 09:51:08 PM »
amazon bought Whole Foods a while ago, promising to lower prices. went today because they have a special if you spend 10 bucks, and your a amazon prime member, you would get 10 bucks credit on prime day, which is next Monday.
haven't been in Whole Foods in a while, well, nothing has changed. everything is triple the price elsewhere???? im like wtf? totally still overpriced. me and the wife looked around, saw that nothing had changed, and walked out. unbelievable

but there are a lot of hot women in that store. all yoga pants, just coming from the gym. hot rich women. if I was single, I would just camp out at the wine bar, talking to hotties :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Why the fuck do you go to Whole Foods.   You can get organic shit at Walmart and save.  Fuck that noise
A

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 12:18:30 AM »
Kroger in Houston treats it's employees much better than Walmart...I go there.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 12:51:15 AM »
i would go but its not expensive enough

#richgetbiggger

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 12:57:42 AM »
wholefoods has gone to shit since amazon acquired it

ffs, they even turned prime membership into a savings card

get your shitty consumer software out of my favorite grocery store, take those eyesore "sales" coupons and banners and shove them up your ass, and stop trying to give me a flyer every time i check out

if i want to feel like im on welfare, ill go to safeway

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 03:29:36 AM »
Been in Whole Foods once but the $8/lb chicken turned me off.

Never been back.

I go for the GMO, inorganic, hormone laced chicken for $.69/lb.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:18:20 AM »
I just eat out of dumpsters, a lot cheaper

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 05:41:58 AM »
A recent purchase at WF showed me Amazon has brought the brand down.
T

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 06:15:13 AM »
I just eat out of dumpsters, a lot cheaper

Like Vegan Gains I suppose

A

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 07:18:38 AM »

Why the fuck do you go to Whole Foods.   You can get organic shit at Walmart and save.  Fuck that noise

No kidding. I’ve saved a ton switching over to Walmart Neighborhood Market instead of going to Publix. Slightly less selection-wise but 20% less in price. Considering that Whole Foods is even more expensive, who the fuck would go there?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:59 AM »
No kidding. I’ve saved a ton switching over to Walmart Neighborhood Market instead of going to Publix. Slightly less selection-wise but 20% less in price. Considering that Whole Foods is even more expensive, who the fuck would go there?

Living a busy life in downtown Toronto leaves little time for shopping. Started ordering from Walmart 3 months ago.  I split time in Atlanta for work as well and also order there. Groceries show up next day and haven't had any issues. If they don't have something on hand (say a certain sized Salmon) they will round up. If I'm looking for better seafood/produce I'll do the farmer's market in either city.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
Living a busy life in downtown Toronto leaves little time for shopping. Started ordering from Walmart 3 months ago.  I split time in Atlanta for work as well and also order there. Groceries show up next day and haven't had any issues. If they don't have something on hand (say a certain sized Salmon) they will round up. If I'm looking for better seafood/produce I'll do the farmer's market in either city.

Nice! I haven’t done any online ordering from there yet but have also gotten some e-mails about online ordering from Costco which also puts Whole Paycheck to shame.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:56 AM »
Whole Foods jumped the shark a long time ago.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 10:23:40 AM »
Why would Whole Foods change its inventory just because it was bought by Amazon? Definitely a lot of there stuff is over priced, but the bulk bins have some serious deals, nuts, oats, stuff like that, also they carry specialty stuff like cashew butter, almond butter, ezikiel bread, macnut oil. They have stuff you can't find in normal stores, it's either there or Trader Joes and I'd rather go to Whole Foods because as stated above tons of dime pieces in that store.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 12:25:44 PM »
I thought everyone on this board was middle aged?

What self respecting middle aged man knows the price of food? Budgeting for food is for students and those starting their careers.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »

Why the fuck do you go to Whole Foods.   You can get organic shit at Walmart and save.  Fuck that noise
Have you been to Whole Foods?
Because I've been to many a Walmarts and they have nothing of the selection of Whole Foods (in terms of Food). Period.

Whole Foods jumped the shark a long time ago.
Tell that to all the attractive women that go there and Trader Joes. Those are the spots to meet women.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »
Whole Foods is great for certain things. I.e grass feed meats, etc.
But, for organic fruits and veggies,and other healthy stuff,  you can go to sprouts or every HEB(here is Texas), and get great food way cheaper.
A

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »
I thought everyone on this board was middle aged?

What self respecting middle aged man knows the price of food? Budgeting for food is for students and those starting their careers.

Guys that train and eat a lot of food and don't want to shop but rather have it brought to their doorstep.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »
The food and selection is very good but prices suck.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
, also they carry specialty stuff like cashew butter, almond butter, ezikiel bread, macnut oil. They have stuff you can't find in normal stores, it's either there or Trader Joes and I'd rather go to Whole Foods because as stated above tons of dime pieces in that store.

thank you - well said

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2018, 08:36:56 PM »
Guys that train and eat a lot of food and don't want to shop but rather have it brought to their doorstep.

best gains ive ever made was on a meal plan 3x meals a day 7 days a week, then i ate an extra 2 meals on my own

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 07:15:48 AM »
Whole Foods fancies itself as some sort of health food establishment, but if you look at their hot food bar they have like six different types of chicken wings.

That said, you usually see a lot of good looking women in there so I can’t  hate on the place too much.