Author Topic: Anavar instead of anadrol for last week peak  (Read 15657 times)

GWYAD

• Getbig II
Anavar instead of anadrol for last week peak
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »
It seems pretty standard for pros and top amateurs to use A drol for muscle fullness the last few days before getting on stage.

This at first seems strange, but when we factor in all the diuretics and others drugs that dry (and flatten) us out, the A drol enables the competitor to come in much fuller.

I am running a very modest diuretic program: 50 mgs of Spiro on Tuesday bumped up to 75 Wed=Friday (and maybe 50 mgs sat morning).
Wed I add 25 mgs of a Thiazide then 50 on Thursday and 75 Friday. Of course I monitor myself and make adjustments if needed. My wife will be a second set of eyes. Friday night I might take 20 mgs of Lasix, and again sat morning.

I don't deplete or load carbs/salt/water. I drop carbs to 200 grams 10 days out (I am usually below 5% b fat at that point) and gradually raise them as needed. I reduce sodium Thursday/Friday and add some back in sat morning.

The plan is to use the anavar to be more full if needed. Many many years ago I ran a longer more aggressive diuretic program and won a nat qualifier due to superior conditioning (I consider the current state of IFBB conditioning to be a joke, but hey they have 40 more pounds of muscle than me).

Will the Anavar work similarly to the A drol? Will it allow me to run an extra day or two of diuretics?

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
Re: Anavar instead of anadrol for last week peak
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »
I could be completely wrong but in my experience I never heard of using VAR  to fill out, both seam to be completely different animals , especially the quickness that drol does to a physique.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:57 AM »
anavar produces very good conditioning without the need for diuretics, unless u have super sub par genetics.

just get into proper shape.

anabolicguru

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »
anavar produces very good conditioning without the need for diuretics, unless u have super sub par genetics.

just get into proper shape.

Anavar doesn't get you condition, but it will make you more full, but anadrol is far the more efficient option, granted that you better be condition already before you run drol for contest prep.  Lots of MP guys pop Anavar before hitting the stage for fullness about 100mg the day of,  but again, the ones that are most condition will pop drol and win the whole show
I

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:41:43 PM »
I came in pretty full and dry. I ran 100 mgs of spiro Thursday and Friday. Friday I added 75 mgs of thiazides. I had a Rib eye steak at 8 PM along with a loaf of bread with butter. And some spaghetti. This was at this fantastic Italian restaurant my wife found. I took a 40 mg tab of Lasix at 10 PM. I ate Fettuccini at 12 PM and spaghetti at 4 AM and took one more spiro, thiazide, and Lasix at 6 AM. I ran several trial runs of diuretics during my prep so I know exactly how they affect me. I normally don't take much Lasix, but the boatload of Italian food changed that.

I came in super full, tight, and dry.  

The only problem was I ate so much food my abs distended....something that is already an issue at my age. If I did it again I would back off the eating after 8.  I would still load in fat, carbs, and salt, just use one (or half) Lasix and then curbed eating. Diuretics perfectly controlled spill (again guys, takes a long time to learn how to do this) but bubble gut was present. BTW, I have never touched insulin.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 05:13:53 AM »
very good condition and congratulation on the win...just want to ask how do you dose your gh during prep?all in 1 shot or spread throughout the day?
T

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 08:47:39 AM »
I'd fill out carb-loading fully 3 days before the show and just control water without carbing prior to show with Anadrol and Nolvadex in the mix.

Christo

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 08:29:42 AM »
What is your age?

Youre looking good!

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
Thanks guys....I am 56.

I shoot my GH at night, otherwise I am too sleepy. I am going to go 2 ius this time and increase up to 4 iu's. That is all I need since I am already in very good shape. I am going to use less steroids this time (2 grams max per week instead of 2.5) and less tren. I am running 750 test and 750 deca right now and all my injuries are feeling good, I am ready for a hard core 7 week grind (don't train hard my last week. In 8 weeks I am doing the John Sherman classic. I did s shit load (eating steak and pasta every 2 hours) the night before and used more Lasix than normal but I came in really, really full and about 90% dry. Lasix only works if you have already been using an aldosterone blocker like Spiro. I would eat, fine tune, eat, fine tune. I crush the Lasix tablet and use very small amounts. I was took 3 25 mg thiazides. Keep in mind I have experimented a lot with diuretics during my prep so I know how they affect me.

The only problem is that I loaded so much all night until 4 AM that it distended my already large midsection.

Next time I will cut off loading at 12 AM so that my abs will be more flat during pre judging. I need to stop worrying about being full and big, I have a decent amount of muscle, actually more than the other competitors except the 270 lb monster who beat me for first place (guy dieted down from 310).

I am going to come in leaner and tighter this time. I am 7.4% bodyfat right now. I ate like a complete pig for 2 weeks, but I kept training and doing cardio, just giving myself extra days off if needed (usually 2 on 1 off). I am eating clean now....eating a lot, steak, whole grain pasta, calorie dense but quality food no junk or sugars. I no longer eat a traditional bodybuilding diet. I eat 3 big meals a day on a 12 by 12 schedule with 2 protein powder and fruit meals/snacks. This works really well for me. I am considered to be an extremely hard trainer, even at my age.

If I bump cardio from 40 minutes to an hour, re-introduce GH and cutting drugs I should come in super diced this time. 

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »
how'd it go?

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 03:02:10 PM »
I placed 2nd.

Judges told me I need to do a better job controlling my mid section. I am currently 5 weeks and 5 days out, 221 lbs and very lean. I am doing the State Championship, not the John Sherman.

I am on a 2.5/week gram combo of injectable gear, primarily long esters. I am switching to shorter esters and will start orals in 2 weeks. My labs were pretty amazing (especially my kidneys) so I am going to run 700 mgs/week of tren (base/enanthate/ace combo) but otherwise stay moderate.

I am only running 3 iu's of GH. I would like to run 5 but budgetary contraints dictate otherwise.

Training is insane, cardio is a solid 1 hour per day. Wife is supportive and I only work around 3-4 hours a day. I am prepping several world class athletes (world record powerlifter/MMA....doing programs for the guy who beat me, lol) and I do get paid pretty well. That is good I pretty much can't get out of bed my training is so intense so everything is coming together.

I am going to keep my diet consistent my last week....3-400 grams of carbs/day and then some mild loading the day before my show, but not enough to affect my midsection. Politically, you can beat someone everyway but if your abs are distended you will be placed way, way down, so I will come in slightly undercarbed but tight, tight, tight.

In addition to the Masters I competed in the men's open. I lost to a guy even though I had better arms, legs, back....everything, the judges made an example of me because of the gut issue, so I have to fix that next time out. I think bodybuilders should number one be big and powerful, but right now, especially at the amateur level, they want pretty boys. I bet my back is way, way stronger than Shawn Rhodens, but he has the look that judges want that will make the sport more popular among regular guys (IE pussies and the board short guys).

I have become really, really good at knowing my body and using diuretics so that is how I will make my last days adjustments.

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 03:11:08 PM »

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »
I competed again on November 3rd (or was it 4 tgh). I don't know if I posted pics, but my glutes were striated and even had cross striations. This was the first show.

However the judges told me I needed to get better control of my midsection. I stopped squatting. I was doing 405 lbs for 10 reps. I figured that if I can get 10 reps it is not heavy weight, but squatting, IMO, definitely caused mid section thickness.

I have never done insulin, but I do have a stomach issue. When I was younger (32 when I competed in and won my last show) I always had flat and very prominent abs.

The main cause of the bubble gut is not so much directly caused by GH or slin, it is caused primarily by the massive amounts of food I eat. GH/slin creates problems because you can slam tons of calories and it all goes to the muscles.

Since my first recent show (NPC SWUSA) I stopped eating large amounts of food in one setting. For my second show I only used 3 iu's of GH. I also stopped eating at 10 pm Friday night.

I came in consideravbly tighter and everyone said I looked great. However, I placed second again. The guy who beat me simply had better genetics and his condition was shredded. He just turned 50 (6.5 years younger than me). He had placed 4th at Nationals competing in the open class and the reality is that he would never get a procard in mens open.

However, in the 50 and older he is going to be very hard to beat. We actually were working together until he made a stupid post on FBook. He wants to disarm America and that is something I just can't ignore, so he is pissed at me now, LOL. 

He does not know that I custom blended some masteron e for him (mast is his favorite....he runs a full gram of it and therefore does not need as much tren). I guess I will have to use his mast, he he.

Christo

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 07:27:54 AM »
You take approx 2,5 gr AAS per week?

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »
I did take 2.5 grams per week. BFG is correct, competing is like being in prison. I was miserable. The 2 guys who beat me take even more. Grams of test, grams of Masteron. Both of these two came close to getting pro cards when they were younger. .

The guy who beat me at the Texas State just turned 50 and has a very good chance of getting a procard. He placed 4th at nationals against the young guys.

I am currently working on reducing my gut (I do a lot of TVA excercises that flatten the abs) and I also stopped eating so much. It is the massive amounts of food that actually causes bubble gut.

I will be 57 in a few days and my midsection has made good progress. However, even with flat abs there are going to be at least 4-5 guys at nationals who will beat me.

So, my plan has changed. I am going to stay on grind (on a 2 on 1 off program) and keep my diet on point. Then, I am going to go for my procard in the 60 and over division 3 years from now.

I am continuing to eat right and do 35 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week. My current drug program is: 400 mgs test e/week, 400 mgs of primo depot, 200 mgs deca, and 50 mgs of anavar 3 times a week. I am running 3-4 iu's of GH/day. I take low dosage AI's and cab (very low dosage) for prolactin

I am shocked in that I am maintaining shape and condition pretty well. I have even made progress on my weaker b parts. This cycle is mild and I should be able to stay healthy while on it. Everyone still thinks I am on a bunch of gear, but I am not. After my last show I went down to TRT. I took no GH for 5 months. I finally ran HCG for 3 weeks w/ no steroids.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 09:09:15 PM »
I did take 2.5 grams per week. BFG is correct, competing is like being in prison. I was miserable. The 2 guys who beat me take even more. Grams of test, grams of Masteron. Both of these two came close to getting pro cards when they were younger. .

The guy who beat me at the Texas State just turned 50 and has a very good chance of getting a procard. He placed 4th at nationals against the young guys.

I am currently working on reducing my gut (I do a lot of TVA excercises that flatten the abs) and I also stopped eating so much. It is the massive amounts of food that actually causes bubble gut.

I will be 57 in a few days and my midsection has made good progress. However, even with flat abs there are going to be at least 4-5 guys at nationals who will beat me.

So, my plan has changed. I am going to stay on grind (on a 2 on 1 off program) and keep my diet on point. Then, I am going to go for my procard in the 60 and over division 3 years from now.

I am continuing to eat right and do 35 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week. My current drug program is: 400 mgs test e/week, 400 mgs of primo depot, 200 mgs deca, and 50 mgs of anavar 3 times a week. I am running 3-4 iu's of GH/day. I take low dosage AI's and cab (very low dosage) for prolactin

I am shocked in that I am maintaining shape and condition pretty well. I have even made progress on my weaker b parts. This cycle is mild and I should be able to stay healthy while on it. Everyone still thinks I am on a bunch of gear, but I am not. After my last show I went down to TRT. I took no GH for 5 months. I finally ran HCG for 3 weeks w/ no steroids.

You are on a gram of injectable gear, orals and GH.  To many, myself included that is a bunch of gear.  But, best of luck in all you do.

GWYAD

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 02:24:14 PM »
Update:

Over the last year I have been on a steady 350 test per week and 200 mgs deca. I have many serious joint issues (bone on bone right shoulder) and need this amount in order to train. Training, diet, recovery (min 8 hours of sleep per night) are all on point. Everything in my life rotates around eating, training, recovery, and family.

I have been running 2-3 ius of GH 6 days a week and recently bumped this up to 5 iu's. The side s are bad and I will probably bump back down top 3 iu's, but my shoulder is feeling excellent and training is on point, high intensity. 

I was 211 lbs on stage and am currently 223 at 8-9% b fat. I am making slow but steady gains, especially on my weaker b parts. The GH is helping, although I prefer how I feel on 3 iu's over 5.