Author Topic: If Arnold was 20 years old today, would he choose pro bodybuilding?  (Read 11817 times)

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
I somehow doubt it.  I wonder what endeavour he would have pursued?  Maybe crossfit?

Twds01

• Getbig II
Re: If Arnold was 20 years old today, would he choose pro bodybuilding?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 07:15:57 AM »
Classic physique? His 75 version although top heavy would be close to the upper limits of height versus weight.

Might seem a bit too Beta for him but he would still be able to demonstrate his Alpha side by criticising the current, “bloated bubble gutted freaks that can’t pose for shit!”

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 08:37:35 AM »
Arnold at his best would destroy the current crop of pros. The crowd would demand his victory standing side by side with these soft bloated champs.

chrisbro

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »
Arnold at his best would destroy the current crop of pros. The crowd would demand his victory standing side by side with these soft bloated champs.

LOL..Dumbass

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
LOL..Dumbass

Current crop are all midgets

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 04:31:11 PM »
Arnold is the mr.Olympia champ with the best potential of all past winners ..... every single winner reached their peak at age 30 or so ....Arnold wanted out of competing at age 27 to move in to "bigger and betters things " with that said he never really reached muscle maturity and started leaning out losing size for the acting thing in 1974 ....

Answering your question ,I doubt a 20 year old Arnold would have taken pro BB seriously in 2018 .

WooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »
I somehow doubt it.  I wonder what endeavour he would have pursued?  Maybe crossfit?

He would’ve gone straight to Politics

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »
why wouldn't he choose it today?  the sport is a lot bigger now than it was in the 60's

if he saw bodybuilding as his ticket to hit the big time then why not now when there are more opportunities?

E
E

Elvishk

• Getbig III
  • Roidgut, cock bulge, huge pecs, massive quads
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »
He will has plastic surgery, and then go to Hollywood.  Mr O??? No teenagers would like to be...

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 02:16:01 AM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger's entire foundation was laid on his being a..."muscleman"...

Not to say that he would not have been a successful immigrant in Southern California...He would have a successful...oh say..house building business. 

But his extreme wealth came from returns  on the investments he made with his TV and film work income...

An LA sound-man I met, who had worked at Merv Griffin productions said that it was Merv  who taught Arnie how to invest.

His early showbiz income and his contacts together made Arnold Schwarzenegger.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 04:48:29 AM »
Arnold was a millionaire from real estate before the movies, so he was successful anyway

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »
why wouldn't he choose it today?  the sport is a lot bigger now than it was in the 60's

if he saw bodybuilding as his ticket to hit the big time then why not now when there are more opportunities?

E

In the 60's Arnold  was the only "mass monster " around  he got attention , and  $$$ coming from mail orders ,had food, juice, car apartment taken care by Weider etc  now, 2018 ; with the internet and tons of Buff dudes preaching ,BS etc .....and the unwanted musclehead image pushed by planet fitness to mainstream audiences  ... He'd be more of the same .... and he always wanted to be the king of the hill (not just Bodybuilders fans) but a larger than life persona .

I just don't see how someone with the mindset as Arnold would even pursuit an Olympia tittle in 2018 .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  TA NAKA

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:39 AM »

20 today?

NO!

Young people growing up today have very different views.
Q

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 08:44:38 AM »
Something tells me he would go for mma instead. I think he would think the guys in bb today are to big and die to young to even consider it as a career. Who knows though?
MIRAGETROPIN

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 07:15:53 PM »
In the 60's Arnold  was the only "mass monster " around  he got attention , and  $$$ coming from mail orders ,had food, juice, car apartment taken care by Weider etc  now, 2018 ; with the internet and tons of Buff dudes preaching ,BS etc .....and the unwanted musclehead image pushed by planet fitness to mainstream audiences  ... He'd be more of the same .... and he always wanted to be the king of the hill (not just Bodybuilders fans) but a larger than life persona .

I just don't see how someone with the mindset as Arnold would even pursuit an Olympia tittle in 2018 .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  TA NAKA

anybody that lifted back then was looked at as a weirdo, big or small it didn't matter it is far more accepted today

arnold would be a bodybuilder today, no doubt about it

E

E

Elvishk

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
anybody that lifted back then was looked at as a weirdo, big or small it didn't matter it is far more accepted today

arnold would be a bodybuilder today, no doubt about it

E

The topic has a foundation issue.  20 years old guys would like to be movie star, singer ... not bodybuilder!  what's the job duties of bodybuilders?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 08:23:28 PM »
The topic has a foundation issue.  20 years old guys would like to be movie star, singer ... not bodybuilder!  what's the job duties of bodybuilders?

Arnold had it all working for him at an early age, by age  23 he was the best bodybuilder in the planet godammit !!! with his face on covers of magazines in every stand , (when that really meant something) traveling the world  yet by age 26 he wanted SOMETHING ELSE !!!!!  .....people forget that since day one, when teenager he just wanted to be like Reg Park and Reeves both  muscle man in movies ... when he came to USA  he even landed a role in Hercules in New York he wasn't even a Mr.O yet ! He knew what he wanted and certainly knew how to get it .....but that was 50 years ago buddy

Of course this is a What IF so, we would never know .,... But in 2018 I seriously doubt he'd be interesting in a "pro card" and b featured in RXmuscle  ;D

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:27 PM »
Bodybuilding is subjective. That being said, Ronnie surpassed Arnold years ago as the greatest bodybuilder that’s ever lived.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 04:00:27 PM »
The topic has a foundation issue.  20 years old guys would like to be movie star, singer ... not bodybuilder!  what's the job duties of bodybuilders?

arnold needed bodybuilding to become a movie star

he owes his entire life to muscle, that was a ticket to reach his ultimate goal and i don't see how his charisma or whatever would make him a movie star today without the muscle

E
E

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
I believe Arnold has always been motivated by his ambition. If he were still the same person only twenty years old, he'd seize whatever opportunity was likely to produce the best results. Note: sleeping with the maid was not born of ambition. It was more likely just a stupid penis driven and possibly ego enhancing act. One that he probably regrets despite that it resulted in him having another son.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »
I believe Arnold has always been motivated by his ambition. If he were still the same person only twenty years old, he'd seize whatever opportunity was likely to produce the best results. Note: sleeping with the maid was not born of ambition. It was more likely just a stupid penis driven and possibly ego enhancing act. One that he probably regrets despite that it resulted in him having another son.

I disagree about the maid.  While she most certainly was hit with the ugly stick, Miss Shriver was much uglier and the maid had much bigger and better tits.  Plus, I find that the bigger ones do way more stuff.

Elvishk

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 06:22:39 PM »
arnold needed bodybuilding to become a movie star

he owes his entire life to muscle, that was a ticket to reach his ultimate goal and i don't see how his charisma or whatever would make him a movie star today without the muscle

E

Please see the subject...  Arnold is 20 years old today... Nowadays bodybuilding is not a path to be a movie star.  I don't think normal people would like to see a muscle pig wearing a tiny thongs and flexing his muscle in any movies... 

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 06:37:05 PM »
His sons are around that age. They are not doing it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Please see the subject...  Arnold is 20 years old today... Nowadays bodybuilding is not a path to be a movie star.  I don't think normal people would like to see a muscle pig wearing a tiny thongs and flexing his muscle in any movies... 

explain how it was a path to being a movie star 50 years ago when even the simple act of exercise was considered bizarre?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 07:06:27 PM »
His sons are around that age. They are not doing it.

why would they?  bodybuilding takes a lot of time, commitment, and sacrifice they don't need it and patrick is getting acting roles just by being his son

maybe they would be more interested if they were poor nobodies in a shithole country like austria in hopes of a better life?

E
E