Author Topic: Interesting discussion about millennials  (Read 2902 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Interesting discussion about millennials
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »

My generation. In the developed part of the world atleast.

Generation of entitlement, femenism, debt, late bloomers etc. Basically a fucked up generation  :D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Interesting discussion about millennials
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »
Boomer Advice: Yes, they should just move out of their parents' basements and find a nice quaint (1500 sq ft.) place.

a

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 02:59:39 PM »
Boomer Advice: Yes, they should just move out of their parents' basements and find a nice quaint (1500 sq ft.) place.

Housing prices in Portland are ridiculous right now. Compare to just like 6-7 years ago they were pretty cheap.

I actually lived a few blocks from that house you posted when I was in my 20s, not the greatest neighborhood and clearly it’s a small house but they still want almost 400k for it.  ::)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:49:51 AM »
 I thought my generation (X) was useless, but the Millennials make us look like Desmond T. Doss.

And if you don't know who that is, you're probably a Millennial.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 06:22:59 PM »

My generation. In the developed part of the world atleast.

Generation of entitlement, femenism, debt, late bloomers etc. Basically a fucked up generation  :D

Very good. For once I’m glad it didn’t come out of the mouth of evil whitey so that maybe someone will actually look at it without having their guard up.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »

Boomers are progenitors of the millenials.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »
boomers are in deep trouble - most havent saved for retirement enough

cut back on your spending people...

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »

Yup - they are going to have a grand ol' time selling off their property once it's time to sell.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/04/who-will-buy-baby-boomers-homes/522912/
a

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 06:34:34 PM »
 fyi it is common to hate the generation below. millennials hate the generation below them already

fyi i am a millennial (old one)

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:43:35 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 04:41:55 AM »
Want some old man advice?  Treat college as a trade school. Do not major in something that sounds like entertainment to yourself. Your diploma should state your job on it. If it doesn't you wasted a lot of money for nothing. No one is impressed with your degree except other millennial's who have their meaningless degree. Nothing wrong with learning a trade like plumbing, construction or even being a barber. You will make enough money to own a house eventually and be able to support a family. Many think if they get the degree they will eventually get the nice office and a secretary but the degree of today is the high school diploma of yesterday. If you are drowning with no future living in mom's house posting on getbig blaming conservatives for your loser life join the military if you have any true balls. So many jobs that you can be trained to do in the military. You take their version of the SAT's and they will tell you what jobs you can apply for in the military.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 04:51:48 AM »

That 60s generation is also a bunch of physical wrecks. They came up before the health and fitness boom of the 80s and as a result are now suffering the consequences of doing drugs, eating like pigs, sitting around watching TV, and smoking.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 06:30:18 AM »
Want some old man advice?  Treat college as a trade school. Do not major in something that sounds like entertainment to yourself. Your diploma should state your job on it. If it doesn't you wasted a lot of money for nothing. No one is impressed with your degree except other millennial's who have their meaningless degree. Nothing wrong with learning a trade like plumbing, construction or even being a barber. You will make enough money to own a house eventually and be able to support a family. Many think if they get the degree they will eventually get the nice office and a secretary but the degree of today is the high school diploma of yesterday. If you are drowning with no future living in mom's house posting on getbig blaming conservatives for your loser life join the military if you have any true balls. So many jobs that you can be trained to do in the military. You take their version of the SAT's and they will tell you what jobs you can apply for in the military.

Very good advice, but it's hard to imagine today's soy-boys in the military.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 12:40:53 PM »
North of Italy

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 02:02:48 PM »
what is a millenial ???

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »
I was pushed into the college meme from high school but luckily only took the general studies courses at my local community college, from there I went into one of their trade programs and now I make more money than my peers.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 04:15:59 PM »
what is a millenial ???
No one really knows anymore due to the “you are whatever you identify as” clause

Bsnch

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »

https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/planning-to-retire/2008/11/21/3-reasons-baby-boomers-aare-the-richest-generation-in-history

Baby boomers may not feel rich right now, but they're still the wealthiest generation in U.S. history. Boomers have collectively earned $3.7 trillion, more than twice as much as the $1.6 trillion that members of the silent generation did at the same age, according to a new McKinsey Global Institute report. The researchers found that only 20 percent of that difference was due to economic growth. A whopping 80 percent of the increased earnings were due to three factors specific to the baby boomer generation:

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »
https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/planning-to-retire/2008/11/21/3-reasons-baby-boomers-aare-the-richest-generation-in-history

Baby boomers may not feel rich right now, but they're still the wealthiest generation in U.S. history. Boomers have collectively earned $3.7 trillion, more than twice as much as the $1.6 trillion that members of the silent generation did at the same age, according to a new McKinsey Global Institute report. The researchers found that only 20 percent of that difference was due to economic growth. A whopping 80 percent of the increased earnings were due to three factors specific to the baby boomer generation:

dont be old and broke - you will be in a dark room eating cat food

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
I was pushed into the college meme from high school but luckily only took the general studies courses at my local community college, from there I went into one of their trade programs and now I make more money than my peers.

Standing ovation here.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 10:51:13 PM »
I have no idea if I just never noticed people like this when I was younger, but teaching at a university I have this generation in front of me every day. At least 6 people in the last 3 years have come to me after mid terms or finals and demanded to know why they got a shit mark. It's because they got most (or in one case) all of the answers wrong, but for whatever reason, that's not grounds for the bad mark received.

It boggles me. In each case I offered to sit with the student and go through the paper so they could see where their mistakes were, but none of them were interested. One of them even told me 'it had better change or this will affect my job prospects'.

Like I said, it may have been happening too when I was their age, but I never saw any of this behaviour myself. They're generally nice kids, but I'm seeing a real lack of personal responsibility in many of them where I teach.