Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 69599 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2018, 01:12:38 PM »
Im comparing it price wise, food is free and unlimited on the ship.

I get how your calculating this. It's just that you're ignoring part of the picture, namely cooking and condiments.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:13 PM »
Why get McDonald's when you can get Chik Fil A?  ??? ??? ???
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2018, 01:25:42 PM »

I thought you were loyal to Ronald Mcdonald ???

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2018, 01:32:06 PM »

Rarely eat out and if you were to drop by, it would be Grilled Ahi Tuna or Flank Steak with an Asahi.  

McDonald's isn't too bad though and if I decide to eat there its usually a Big Mac and a water.

How much Ahi Tuna would you say you have to consume to maintain your current body weight?

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
Im comparing it price wise, food is free and unlimited on the ship.

you must save a lot of $$ brother. no living expenses right?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »
Beautiful scenery in the background.

That’s what I was thinking too.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
I thought you were loyal to Ronald Mcdonald ???

No, to Sears.
X

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »
No, to Sears.

One day I hope to join you and Vince for a trip to Sears

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
you must save a lot of $$ brother. no living expenses right?
Free room in board, free food, no bills, you can literally save 99% of what you make here it all depends on your lifestyle and things to do with your free time. I have guys who work for me from India who save almost every dime they make, they pack food when the leave the ship on breaks to go to the beach and whatnot, they never spend money outside the ship unless it's absolutely necessary. Then you got guys who blow their money on things like Jordans, fitted hats, tattoos, jewelry, fast food..and not to be racist but most of them are black guys and side note most of my friends on the ship are black. So it's on you, but this type of lifestyle isn't for everyone, it's mainly attracts people that are free spirited and love to travel and live life in the moment, most of the people that work here go on very big vacations and don't seem to care much about saving for the future. I don't spend much, I do buy a few items here and there at WholeFoods, if I meet a girl I may get a rent a car and go exploring for the day, or rent a hotel room for the night. But for the most part on my breaks I go to the gym and go to the beach which don't cost much money. And to agree with Pellius all the McDonalds I have been to in Hawaii have been very clean and also offer spam with some of their breakfast meals.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »
You can get a pound of ground beef 80/20 at Costco for $4.29, how is $4.00 cheap for that tiny meal?

LOL! You're a good guy but with such a great, positive, upbeat personality but, man, you can be such an airhead (maybe that's why you're so happy all the time).

The concept of fast food is cheap and convenient. I've already described in agonizing detail how easy and convenient it is for me to get a quick meal right when I come out of the gym. You're talking about something COMPLETELY different: shopping, cooking, cleaning up. Isn't that blindingly obvious?

And, again, I explained very clearly the concept of value. That it's not just the dollar cost. Yes, it's always cheaper to by groceries than to have someone else do it for you and prepare it. Duh?

And how is that cheap? It's cheap compared to other fast food places where, AGAIN, I provided a real-world example and posted the fucking receipt where I only pay $1.00 for a QP with cheese.

And, yes, we all understand that all ground beef, all meat, is weighed before it is cooked and loses weight as the fat cooks out of it.

BTW, four QP with cheese at a dollar each still beats Costco's $4.29/lb uncooked ground beef without the cheese, bun, onions, pickles....

And "small meal" for whom? Maybe to you, but not to me. I'm not a big muscle man. At over six feet 180lbs, I'm much taller and much lighter than you. You're a bber trying to get bigger and bigger and stuff yourself with food. I'm not and just eat two to three meals a day. Forty grams of protein for $4 is good enough and cheap enough for me.

When was the last time you ate out and had to spend dollars out of your pocket?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »
LOL! You're a good guy but with such a great, positive, upbeat personality but, man, you can be such an airhead (maybe that's why you're so happy all the time).

The concept of fast food is cheap and convenient. I've already described in agonizing detail how easy and convenient it is for me to get a quick meal right when I come out of the gym. You're talking about something COMPLETELY different: shopping, cooking, cleaning up. Isn't that blindingly obvious?

And, again, I explained very clearly the concept of value. That it's not just the dollar cost. Yes, it's always cheaper to by groceries than to have someone else do it for you and prepare it. Duh?

And how is that cheap? It's cheap compared to other fast food places where, AGAIN, I provided a real-world example and posted the fucking receipt where I only pay $1.00 for a QP with cheese.

And, yes, we all understand that all ground beef, all meat, is weighed before it is cooked and loses weight as the fat cooks out of it.

BTW, four QP with cheese at a dollar each still beats Costco's $4.29/lb uncooked ground beef without the cheese, bun, onions, pickles....

And "small meal" for whom? Maybe to you, but not to me. I'm not a big muscle man. At over six feet 180lbs, I'm much taller and much lighter than you. You're a bber trying to get bigger and bigger and stuff yourself with food. I'm not and just eat two to three meals a day. Forty grams of protein for $4 is good enough and cheap enough for me.

When was the last time you ate out and had to spend dollars out of your pocket?
Lol, I guess if it's convenient for you then go for it, I mean aren't you a semi retired guy? I would assume you have a little bit of free time to just throw some ground beef in a crock pot, turn it on, let it cook, remove it, and rinse it crock pot, maybe takes 10 mins, even less time if you have a Foreman grill. Maybe it's just how I was raised, I always ate home cooked meals, never was a fan of any fast food, any time I've eaten it I've always felt like shit and I like feeling good. If I eat out its at a restaurant and the last time I did that was on Mothers day and I ate Salmon.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »

None in Hawaii though I read that is going to change.

Can't wait. Loved Chik Fil A when I lived in Cali.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2018, 04:30:17 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2018, 04:40:28 PM »
Lol, I guess if it's convenient for you then go for it, I mean aren't you a semi retired guy? I would assume you have a little bit of free time to just throw some ground beef in a crock pot, turn it on, let it cook, remove it, and rinse it crock pot, maybe takes 10 mins, even less time if you have a Foreman grill. Maybe it's just how I was raised, I always ate home cooked meals, never was a fan of any fast food, any time I've eaten it I've always felt like shit and I like feeling good. If I eat out its at a restaurant and the last time I did that was on Mothers day and I ate Salmon.

LOL! You're projecting. I'm not like you -- young, full of energy and enthusiasm, living and loving life....
I'm lazy. I got tired just reading your post and was already getting winded when it got to "rinse it in the crockpot". I'm more about tapping my order using the McD phone app and walking across the parking lot and picking up my order all ready on a tray then dumping the trash in the can. No cooking or cleaning.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »
LOL! You're projecting. I'm not like you -- young, full of energy and enthusiasm, living and loving life....
I'm lazy. I got tired just reading your post and was already getting winded when it got to "rinse it in the crockpot". I'm more about tapping my order using the McD phone app and walking across the parking lot and picking up my order all ready on a tray then dumping the trash in the can. No cooking or cleaning.

LMAO but how are you paying a $1 for a QP?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
LMAO but how are you paying a $1 for a QP?

I guess I don't blame you for not reading the whole thread. And this only goes to prove you are not a hardcore McDonald's eater like I am. If you order using their app you can get any of their sandwiches, except for the Signature burgers, for a dollar. So I either get a Big Mac or a QP with cheese but you can get their triple cheeseburgers, filet o fish, chicken sandwiches... all for a dollar.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2018, 05:39:08 PM »
I guess I don't blame you for not reading the whole thread. And this only goes to prove you are not a hardcore McDonald's eater like I am. If you order using their app you can get any of their sandwiches, except for the Signature burgers, for a dollar. So I either get a Big Mac or a QP with cheese but you can get their triple cheeseburgers, filet o fish, chicken sandwiches... all for a dollar.

Thanks! QP for a buck is a damn good deal.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »
None in Hawaii though I read that is going to change.

Can't wait. Loved Chik Fil A when I lived in Cali.

The first time I tried Chik Fil A, the cashier asked me if this was my first time here. I replied with “yes” and they gave me my meal for free.  :)
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2018, 07:33:54 PM »
The first time I tried Chik Fil A, the cashier asked me if this was my first time here. I replied with “yes” and they gave me my meal for free.  :)

A good honest Christian run business. Closed on Sundays though. Day of rest and reflection.

(Had to get in that dig).

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2018, 07:37:03 PM »
Thanks! QP for a buck is a damn good deal.

I'm a big Slurpy fan but thinking of trying the Slush from McD for a dollar.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2018, 07:37:38 PM »
A good honest Christian run business. Closed on Sundays though. Day of rest and reflection.

(Had to get in that dig).

Lol. I actually drove to the Chik Fil A on a Sunday and couldn’t understand why it was closed.

I had to google the answer 😂
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »

You can't expect quality for a single Dollar. You have the mindset of a homeless man. No one who cares about his health should eat fake meat and white bread.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2018, 05:08:37 AM »
You can't expect quality for a single Dollar. You have the mindset of a homeless man. No one who cases about his health should eat fake meat and white bread.

I do "case " about my health. What's fake about 100% ground beef? And the quarter pounder with cheese sells for $5. Does suddenly become low quality when they have a dollar promotion? And since when is getting the most value for your money a homeless mindset? Does Trump have a homeless mindset? And what is unhealthy about a burger and fries?

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2018, 05:17:35 AM »
I do "case " about my health. What's fake about 100% ground beef? And the quarter pounder with cheese sells for $5. Does suddenly become low quality when they have a dollar promotion? And since when is getting the most value for your money a homeless mindset? Does Trump have a homeless mindset? And what is unhealthy about a burger and fries?

the burger and the fries!