Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 68449 times)

Kwon3

Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
What's wrong with you Luddites? Use that phone you always have in your hand anyway. They're begging you to order from your phone. All the sandwiches, except the Signature brand, are just a dollar. Big Macs, QP w/cheese, Artesian Chicken Breast..., all the stuff I order anyway.

I never spend over $5 for a meal and it's usually under $4 because I just get a sandwich and fries. This order was almost $5 because I splurged and ordered a couple of apple pies. New PR on the Hammer leg press so I felt I deserved it.

In the locker room when I get my stuff, before I head out I send in my order using their app. By the time I get there it almost ready. I have just enough time to get my table, some extra napkins, ice water, and sanitize my hands with the wipes they provide.

NO STANDING IN LINE! NO WAITING! Right when I got my phone set up on Twitter I didn't even get a chance to sit down before my order was called out.

Another bonus: Every time you order using their app you get entered into a contest to win free McDonald's for life! Dear God! Now that's a dream come true!

One Artesian Chicken sandwich, one small fries (but they always give me a medium and just tell me that's what they do for phone orders) and two pipping hot apples pies. Then there's the filtered ice water, sanitary wipes, clean tables and bathrooms... I'm in hog heaven!

BOOM! Hahahahha. Headshot.

/Thread over.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »

"Too much Scotch" is wide-opened to interpretation.

If talking about Lagavulin or Laphroaig, there is no such thing as "too much."
Of course, that's just my opinion... I "could" be wrong.

Glenlivet is my choice, although not as expensive as Lagavulin, it's good.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »
-decided to have breakfast out yesterday. Thought about getting a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and decided against it. Could I have had my fill of these? Instead, I went to Biscuits for Florentine eggs Benedict, with homestyle cottage fried red potatoes, a glass of grapefruit juice and coffee.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2018, 02:08:48 PM »

Glenlivet is my choice, although not as expensive as Lagavulin, it's good.

Price is irrelevant.

All that matters is what YOU like.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2018, 12:59:20 AM »
What people like, what they want, what drives demand, is the most important thing that gives something its value.

Everyone wants a spacious, nice place to live with a view and several, nice cars. The fact that they want it isn't what gives it value, its the fact that few can afford it. What gives something value, meaning cost, is the fact that few people can afford it. Only the rich have things most really want. The food at Mcdonalds has little or no value..why its sold for pennies...its the franchise that has value...and only the rich can afford a franchise. Warren Buffett has invested in Mcdonalds and Coca Cola since their inception...he's made billions off the stocks....hence the photos....The food has zero value....the business model has the value....every time a broke slob eats a chicken mcnugget its 10 cents in Buffets and stock holders pockets....What the poor buy and eat is how the rich make money....That's capitalism...not quality.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2018, 01:08:06 AM »
Everyone wants a spacious, nice place to live with a view and several, nice cars. The fact that they want it isn't what gives it value, its the fact that few can afford it. What gives something value, meaning cost, is the fact that few people can afford it. Only the rich have things most really want. The food at Mcdonalds has little or no value..why its sold for pennies...its the franchise that has value...and only the rich can afford a franchise. Warren Buffett has invested in Mcdonalds and Coca Cola since their inception...he's made billions off the stocks....hence the photos....The food has zero value....the business model has the value....every time a broke slob eats a chicken mcnugget its 10 cents in Buffets and stock holders pockets....What the poor buy and eat is how the rich make money....That's capitalism...not quality.

Sorry, I don't buy your analysis. The value from McDonalds is from the products sold there. If the public didn't buy then the stock is worthless.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2018, 02:15:18 AM »

The demand is very high for McD. That's why they are one of the most successful and prosperous business ever. For what you pay and what you get it's a great VALUE. If I, or anybody else, pays money to McD it has value to us. Maybe not to you, but I don't care what you want -- what you value. It has value to me, and 100s of millions, if not billions, because I say it does. And I prove twice a week with my dollars.

Capitalism breeds value and service. If someone feels another company can do it better they will go there instead.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2018, 03:47:42 AM »
Like Pellius mentioned, if you use the App, you can get the stuff almost free.
Last time I went, I got a QP w/ cheese for 3.50, and a 2nd one for 1.00, and a small milk, Twas like 5.00 and change.

Haven't been back since cleaning up the (hate the word "diet") eating habits again, but now I want a QP and a Big Mac god dammit!  :-\

Last 6 times out to eat was Chinese a couple of times, Korean, Thai, etc. You can get the healthy lunch meals for 6.50 (with one junk side like chicken wings that come w/ it).

Of course if Mai-Tai's come into play, its no longer a cheap meal.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »
My boss bought a bunch of McDonald's for us yesterday.  I haven't had it in years, and now I remember why.  Absolute shit!  Tastes like shit, and is full of chemicals and preservatives.  How they're still in business is beyond me.  Is it even real food?   ???

damn, and all of these years I thought McDonald's was healthy food, who would of thunk?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2018, 11:51:24 AM »
So yesterday I took the day off work for my wife to get her 2nd boob job.  Because the first doctor was a hack and it didn't heal right.

On the way home we were both starving (she hadn't gotten to eat since the night before) and I got a Big Mac and large fries and it was as delicious as I remembered it.  Them's good eatin's!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: August 17, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »

You are also conflating cost and value as it pertains to individuals. Just because something is expensive it doesn't mean that all people want it. To most, a Picaso painting just looks like finger painting done by a child and few would want it for free let along pay millions for it. If they did come into possession of it they would immediately sell it. A friend of mine who did very well in Real Estate decided to move out of his spacious beautiful home now that his kids are gone and his wife passed away for something smaller. He can afford this huge house as it's paid for but he no longer wants it. This is different from the value that comes from what you put in and what you get out of it. Of course, there are better places than McDonald's to eat, but they provide such a great value that people go there willingly every day dollars in hand.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »
Supply and demand determine price...Mcdonalda has a great business model because they sell cheap crap...but its affordable and tasty cheap crap..you'll nevwr run out of cheap crap...so the price stays low despite such huge demand for cheap, quick food....Cheap crap is always wanted by the masses...has nothing to do with quality...actually Mcdonalds at times has tried to serve higher quality..they had a pure sirloin burger a couple years back...high quality cut of meat...TOTAL FLOP....had to raise price just a tad....out of business...customers don't want quality from Mcdonalds...fuck sirloin...just throw any shit, fatty cut of meat on as long as its cheap....

Cheap, fast and low quality. That's the American way.

99 cent stores have taken off into billion dollar business as well and its not the quality of the items.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2018, 10:13:56 PM »
Supply and demand determine price...Mcdonalda has a great business model because they sell cheap crap...but its affordable and tasty cheap crap..you'll nevwr run out of cheap crap...so the price stays low despite such huge demand for cheap, quick food....Cheap crap is always wanted by the masses...has nothing to do with quality...actually Mcdonalds at times has tried to serve higher quality..they had a pure sirloin burger a couple years back...high quality cut of meat...TOTAL FLOP....had to raise price just a tad....out of business...customers don't want quality from Mcdonalds...fuck sirloin...just throw any shit, fatty cut of meat on as long as its cheap....

Cheap, fast and low quality. That's the American way.

99 cent stores have taken off into billion dollar business as well and its not the quality of the items.

Whether or not you consider something "cheap crap " is an entirely separate issue vis-a-vis its value to others.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2018, 02:28:55 AM »
So yesterday I took the day off work for my wife to get her 2nd boob job.  Because the first doctor was a hack and it didn't heal right.

On the way home we were both starving (she hadn't gotten to eat since the night before) and I got a Big Mac and large fries and it was as delicious as I remembered it.  Them's good eatin's!

Very cool, can you post some boob pics please?

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2018, 08:33:23 PM »
Whether or not you consider something "cheap crap " is an entirely separate issue vis-a-vis its value to others.
I didn't realize the food at McDonald's was valuable and precious to people like you....my apologies....For me it's cheap crap you have late after maybe getting a little drunk and hungry and it's open late...But I didn't realize it has real value to people like you....sorry....

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »
I didn't realize the food at McDonald's was valuable and precious to people like you....my apologies....For me it's cheap crap you have late after maybe getting a little drunk and hungry and it's open late...But I didn't realize it has real value to people like you....sorry....

Well, now you do and you are a wiser man for it.

Apology accepted.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »

You are partially right here. But remember anyone can buy shares in McDonald’s corp. The minimum required investment is very small.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2018, 11:25:49 AM »
You are partially right here. But remember anyone can buy shares in McDonald’s corp. The minimum required investment is very small.
Buffett made the billions off Mcdonalds and coke....Unfortunately its on every corner around the world now..not sure theres enough growth for an aggressive investor...but if you take Buffetts strategy and live to 100....Mcdonalds is a good long term investment.....Read something that its taking off in middle east...It pleases me to think some radical hate America allah fucker has his kids begging for Happy Meals.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
Sorry, I don't buy your analysis. The value from McDonalds is from the products sold there. If the public didn't buy then the stock is worthless.

I agree. Give the public what they want and they will be loyal customers.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »

The demand is very high for McD. That's why they are one of the most successful and prosperous business ever. For what you pay and what you get it's a great VALUE. If I, or anybody else, pays money to McD it has value to us. Maybe not to you, but I don't care what you want -- what you value. It has value to me, and 100s of millions, if not billions, because I say it does. And I prove twice a week with my dollars.

Capitalism breeds value and service. If someone feels another company can do it better they will go there instead.

Also, the suggestion that McDonald's is feeding the poor is hogwash (as if to suggest there is something wrong with this). People who can afford to eat at 5 star restaurants also buy food at McDonald's and other fast and easy restaurants.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2018, 01:25:11 PM »
If you like the taste of Laphroaig 10...then you've been drinking too much scotch, haha.

So Pellius doesn't dye his hair he's just preserved by McD's ingredients?

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2018, 01:34:43 PM »
Well, now you do and you are a wiser man for it.

Apology accepted.

;D ;D ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2018, 03:15:01 PM »
If you like the taste of Laphroaig 10...then you've been drinking too much scotch, haha.

So Pellius doesn't dye his hair he's just preserved by McD's ingredients?

No, I actually dye my hair. Grey hair makes you look old. Balding makes you look old. I don't like looking old. Neither do people like Sylvester Stallone or my sister. And I would hate to have my luxurious mane go to waste.

I don't know what Laphroaige 10 is.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2018, 04:28:13 PM »
Cheap crap can taste good....frankly greasy foods high in saturated fat just taste good....same with sugar....But it has nothing to do with quality....its still garbage...which was the original topic....is Mcdonalds garbage or high quality food?...Again...doesn't mean it doesn't taste good or people like it...I could put away 50 Chicken Mcnuggets right now with spicy mustard....its a guilty pleasure....

Fried twinkies dipped in mayonaise some people like...hot dogs...which are like pig ass...hugely popular....Tastes good and quality are 2 different things.

Nothing against Mcdonalds...more power to them...Ill have it sometimes...

Just sad when I see parents feeding their obese kids happy meals daily..."cause they like it"....we all like it but its still crap to generally be avoided except for fun once in a while....

Kwon3

« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2018, 04:32:26 PM »
Cheap crap can taste good....frankly greasy foods high in saturated fat just taste good....same with sugar....But it has nothing to do with quality....its still garbage...which was the original topic....is Mcdonalds garbage or high quality food?...Again...doesn't mean it doesn't taste good or people like it...I could put away 50 Chicken Mcnuggets right now with spicy mustard....its a guilty pleasure....

Fried twinkies dipped in mayonaise some people like...hot dogs...which are like pig ass...hugely popular....Tastes good and quality are 2 different things.

Nothing against Mcdonalds...more power to them...Ill have it sometimes...

Just sad when I see parents feeding their obese kids happy meals daily..."cause they like it"....we all like it but its still crap to generally be avoided except for fun once in a while...
Most people who buy food from the store and cook it at home are eating garbage too: soda, pizza, corndogs, chocolate, chips, biscuits, etc. Very few people eat a clean diet year-round. I mean go to any work site and the guys in the lunch room might have home-made food but it's always junk, sandwiches stuffed with mayo and fatty meats, those hungry man dinners, etc.

McDonald's is no worse than any of those options, is easy to get, and for some people it's all they can afford after they're done with their jobs.