Author Topic: Police Shooting Thru The Windshield - All HELL breaking loose in Vegas !!  (Read 6643 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: All HELL breaking loose in Vegas !!
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2018, 12:33:19 AM »
All LEOs should be able to execute a speed reload flawlessly.  It's a function of training.

They probably can execute it flawlessly....on the range.   The problem is that LEOs training can't reproduce the stress of a situation where you are in fear of getting shot and killed.

Under that kind of stress the first thing that goes is your gross motor skills.  I think he did great.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2018, 04:50:10 AM »
Studies and testing show shooting through a windshield will affect the trajectory but not as much as one might think. Here is a decent article with examples. I would say that shooting from a moving vehicle at a moving vehicle is more reckless than shooting through a windshield. He was even thinking of firing with his off hand.. those rounds have to go somewhere and I would hate for it to be someone walking down the sidewalk.

I agree with you.  I think shooting through glass in a close defensive engagement is fine...like you're being carjacked.  Wildly shooting at high speed and then rolling out of your car and emptying your magazine is reckless.  There's no way to know if there's an innocent party in the vehicle (kids have been caught up in carjackings) or for the cop to identify his backstop.  That truck was peppered with wholes.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2018, 10:04:05 AM »
Dear child, it would be fun to see your mag change while somebody is shooting at you. I bet that among the mag you should change also your underwear because they are filled with shit  ;D

great post i get a kick how some of these get big  experts explain how to properly reload i would love to see how these turds react to changing a magazine while under fire, none of these clowns on here have even been in combat or shot at.  

Virgil

• Getbig II
Lol, anyone who questions the mag change has never done one in a shots fired stressful situation.  Also regarding resuming the pursuit and letting the helicopter take over monitering the fleeing vehicle..well this isn't a scripted TV show, helicopters are rarely in place when shit goes down. A supervisor has to call over the air for one, and even if one is already in the air and available, it will take a minute or two before the ghetto bird is on the scene. Meanwhile a fleeing felon who has ALREADY SHOT people is driving into residential nieghbohoods.  Most have big city departments do in fact have a policy regarding firing into moving vehicles...baring exigent circumstances. The cop is well aware of that, but he also has seconds to stop the threat

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
KWON, It's evident that you have never had a lethal weapon fired in your direction.

I've carried a lethal weapon on my hip for a major part of my lifetime, but thankfully I only had to use it  three times.

But I have been a 'target of destruction' along with a few others  more times than that and gotta admit that the first and foremost thought that comes before anything else is to annihilate the 'bad guy' before he annhilates you.

I think that you would feel the same regardless of your background and professional training.

The will to survive overcomes everything.

Equalizer

• Getbig II
If only they had one of these:   

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »
great post i get a kick how some of these get big  experts explain how to properly reload i would love to see how these turds react to changing a magazine while under fire, none of these clowns on here have even been in combat or shot at.  

Beat that strawman, pound that strawman! 

Now try to respond to what I wrote.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »
That's why communication is key. Air support is available in all major cities, man. It's a daily shift run 3x and their response time is excellent, given the speed of the hardware they're operating. Again, it's not the chopper that's going to stop a car, but they provide key information for police down ahead to stop the vehicle. As for Agnostic's comment about stop sticks, they usually don't touch the cop's tires since the guy is already expecting it and drives around them, not to mention they fly in the air and rarely fall back in the same spot. If departments didn't train everyone on them or furnish them, that's a failure of policy, not equipment.

Not true. Not true at all. Helicopters are expensive to run, expensive to maintain, and have limited fuel. I came from Austin, the 13th largest in the nation, and we had 2 copters, one was usually down for maintenance. Other than peak times, the crew were on standby in the hanger area. When a call for assistance came out, it would take probably 10 minutes to leave the ground and in a large city could be 15 minutes to get there. In a pursuit, things are measured in seconds. Next, backing off of a vehicle shooting and driving recklessly is a gamble. You are gambling they stop shooting, which would probably happen, and you are gambling that they would stop driving in a manner that put lives at risk, which in this case probably wouldn't happen. It's a gamble. Stopping the threat as soon as possible would be the logical way to go here.

I've worked with air units for at least 18 years.. its not a daily shift run 24 hours in most locations, and your comment on stop sticks isn't accurate either. There are occasions there are subjects that come up here that I am not knowledgeable about.   This happens to be one I do have extensive experience with. But I would like to hear your background in it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 04:23:01 PM »
I don't need to be a cop to know that cop was an idiot who should be fired. Just like I don't need to be Ronnie to know Ronnie's a mouthbreather who retired 5 years too late and ruined his lines with GH abuse. Some things are obvious man, and a former cop is the last reference anyone should listen to given how biased you're likely to be based on your prior claimed profession (if you want to call it that). stop sticks work, so does air support, so does letting the bad guy get ahead 5 streets while he's boxed in. sorry you don't understand common sense, but neither do most of the shitbags who wear the uniform

Hold on to your ignorance, you wear it well.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
I don't need to be a cop to know that cop was an idiot who should be fired. Just like I don't need to be Ronnie to know Ronnie's a mouthbreather who retired 5 years too late and ruined his lines with GH abuse. Some things are obvious man, and a former cop is the last reference anyone should listen to given how biased you're likely to be based on your prior claimed profession (if you want to call it that). stop sticks work, so does air support, so does letting the bad guy get ahead 5 streets while he's boxed in. sorry you don't understand common sense, but neither do most of the shitbags who wear the uniform

Dude come on. You're too smart to believe this.

It wasn't a tv show/movie or an episode of COPS,  it was real life.  

It was jarring to see the guy shoot through a windshield and then clumsily shoot outside of his window and reload but thats because 99% of people who have witnessed such actions take place have their perspective skewed because it was done by Hollywood.

He stopped the threat, he is a hero.

Stop sticks would have involved a lot of planning and shutting down streets to direct where you want the car to go,  would it have been likely the police could have cleared the roads of traffic to do that safely?

I'm sure you've been to Vegas enough to know Vegas, North Vegas and Henderson isn't that big of an area. If a helicopter was in the air  it should have arrived with in seconds. If the cop would have backed off the criminals would have had a better chance to escape or do something more drastic like take hostages, kill pedestrians, etc.

The cop may be a low intelligence dirtbag with a history of poor behavior and entitlement , but he made the right decision in this case.

Kwon3

Hold on to your ignorance, you wear it well.
You voted for Hillary, so nothing you've said since November 2016 is valid/worth responding to. And you sucked as a cop.

Kwon3

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »

It was jarring to see the guy shoot through a windshield and then clumsily shoot outside of his window and reload but thats because 99% of people who have witnessed such actions take place have their perspective skewed because it was done by Hollywood.

Stop sticks would have involved a lot of planning and shutting down streets to direct where you want the car to go,  would it have been likely the police could have cleared the roads of traffic to do that safely?

I'm sure you've been to Vegas enough to know Vegas, North Vegas and Henderson isn't that big of an area. If a helicopter was in the air  it should have arrived with in seconds. If the cop would have backed off the criminals would have had a better chance to escape or do something more drastic like take hostages, kill pedestrians, etc.

The cop may be a low intelligence dirtbag with a history of poor behavior and entitlement , but he made the right decision in this case was lucky his field sergeant wasn't on the radio with him before drawing his weapon and turning someone else's car into a shooting gallery at a state fare.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 05:18:38 PM »

The cop may be a low intelligence dirtbag with a history of poor behavior and entitlement , but he made the right decision in this case.

You are wasting common sense here... but good post

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
You voted for Hillary, so nothing you've said since November 2016 is valid/worth responding to. And you sucked as a cop.

You are on a roll being wrong...... why stop now..

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »

Kwon3

You are on a roll being wrong...... why stop now..
Well, you're soft-pedalling on the replies so I may as well, no need to kick a man when he isn't hitting you back.

Kwon3

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »
LOL

Well played sir.
Thanks man. Always enjoyed your posts, even if we don't agree on everything. Respectful throughout as usual.  ;)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2018, 05:36:45 PM »
Thanks man. Always enjoyed your posts, even if we don't agree on everything. Respectful throughout as usual.  ;)

Ditto bro. You're an intelligent dude and your perspective helps me to think outside of my "box".*

*it's surprising how many high level thinking people actually post here when you consider what this site is.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I’m actually trained in hand to hand combat and the operation of multiple firearms.

Those cops went about it the wrong way.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I’m actually trained in hand to hand combat and the operation of multiple firearms.

Sears stockboy training?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Maybe it was this officer that shot through Alex’s windshield many moons ago?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

What was the right way.. and Im not saying they were text book correct... I'm just curious as to your perspective

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Sears stockboy training?
I think he meant something a bit more sexual...

Bench

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
Maybe it was this officer that shot through Alex’s windshield many moons ago?

hahaha