Author Topic: When did this eat 6x a day BS come in to play?  (Read 4470 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: When did this eat 6x a day BS come in to play?
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 03:53:48 AM »
Were they eating this often in the 80s?  Did it start during the Dorian era?

Great post.

No idea, sir.  It's weird though.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 03:56:12 AM »
Link?

She did it through Weightwatchers originally -

www.instagram.com/lobsgetsfit/ .

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2018, 05:48:34 AM »
Hershel Walker eats once a day

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2018, 05:58:58 AM »
So here's the deal fellas.  You don't need to eat more than once per day.  So all that crazy talk that Hershall Walker was talking wasn't crazy talk. If you consume a nutrient dense meal during intermittent fasting, you'll drop excess fat, maintain your muscle and will be able to train like a madman. You'll be the best version of yourself and not only be fit, but be HEALTHY. So how do you put on muscle?  1. You extend your eating window during the intermittent fasting and eat a little more.  BUT you don't eat 6 times per day unless you're on all the drugs the open and 212 guys are on. Eating ANYTHING raises your insulin levels.  Even protein.  Even protein. Even protein. When your insulin levels are raised or spiked your body stores fat. It's not burning it. Studies have shown that eating 1-2 times per day vs. 6 has no effect on metabolism and this why I titled the the thread because I'd like to know when it started. It's obvious it was for financial gain. It's still so bad that your average person believes they need to eat 5-6 small meals per day. This is not true at all. 1-2 is enough if you're eating the right food. You'll be ripped and healthy and if you want more size extend the eating window an hour or 2 and eat more of the right food but in order to maintain health you must fast intermittently.  Your "Break Fast" should be Dinner. So Break Fast truly is the most important meal of the day.  ;)

When you don't fast you miss out on all the health benefits. The open and 212 bodybuilders today eat too much and take too many drugs and we're forced to accept the look as progress.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2018, 06:20:14 AM »
Better digestion as well as better assimilation as long as meals are not overly large.

Listen to this man ,he knows his shit

So here's the deal fellas.  You don't need to eat more than once per day.  So all that crazy talk that Hershall Walker was talking wasn't crazy talk. If you consume a nutrient dense meal during intermittent fasting, you'll drop excess fat, maintain your muscle and will be able to train like a madman. You'll be the best version of yourself and not only be fit, but be HEALTHY. So how do you put on muscle?  1. You extend your eating window during the intermittent fasting and eat a little more.  BUT you don't eat 6 times per day unless you're on all the drugs the open and 212 guys are on. Eating ANYTHING raises your insulin levels.  Even protein.  Even protein. Even protein. When your insulin levels are raised or spiked your body stores fat. It's not burning it. Studies have shown that eating 1-2 times per day vs. 6 has no effect on metabolism and this why I titled the the thread because I'd like to know when it started. It's obvious it was for financial gain. It's still so bad that your average person believes they need to eat 5-6 small meals per day. This is not true at all. 1-2 is enough if you're eating the right food. You'll be ripped and healthy and if you want more size extend the eating window an hour or 2 and eat more of the right food but in order to maintain health you must fast intermittently.  Your "Break Fast" should be Dinner. So Break Fast truly is the most important meal of the day.  ;)

When you don't fast you miss out on all the health benefits. The open and 212 bodybuilders today eat too much and take too many drugs and we're forced to accept the look as progress.

Don't  take dieting advice from a skinny or a fat person

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 06:43:54 AM »
What did Eugene Sandow and the rest of that era eat?
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2018, 06:47:56 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 06:57:23 AM »
Listen to this man ,he knows his shit

Don't  take dieting advice from a skinny or a fat person

How is eating more better for digestion?  Eating less is better for digestion.  Cut the bro science bullshit and open a book or is that too much to ask of a male stripper?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 07:03:46 AM »
If you had to plan for 6 meals then you needed in essence 6 recipes...you would have to get those recipes from somewhere right ? It was all done to sell magazines ..... the same place where you found out how to get ripped for summer and add three inches to your arms in less than 5 weeks... lol
L

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
How is eating more better for digestion?  Eating less is better for digestion.  Cut the bro science bullshit and open a book or is that too much to ask of a male stripper?

Keep doing what you are doing my friend , you are 40 years old still trying to figure out this (working out-dieting) thing , I figured it out 20 years ago.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2018, 07:36:09 AM »
Keep doing what you are doing my friend , you are 40 years old still trying to figure out this (working out-dieting) thing , I figured it out 20 years ago.

I'm 39 and I've got it figured out. So much so, it's now a part of my career. What you have figured out is your body.  I've figured out everyones.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
If you are hungry eat, thirsty drink, listen to your body, if i eat a giant meal i feel sluggish and tired.  Can you thrive on 1 meal a day,  sure..Serge Nubret is a perfect example of that. You have to listen to your body and its signals.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2018, 07:52:25 AM »

Yeah, maybe they should hire you, instead of hiring Aceto, Rambod, Farah, etc ::)

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
If you are hungry eat, thirsty drink, listen to your body, if i eat a giant meal i feel sluggish and tired.  Can you thrive on 1 meal a day,  sure..Serge Nubret is a perfect example of that. You have to listen to your body and its signals.

Well stated and for the greater part of the population, true.  That caveat is there simply because some people are just stupid and stuff their faces because they want to.

As with liberals, the reason many fat/out of shape people are blind is because they shut their eyes of their own free will.  A calorie is just that - a calorie.  It's what you do with it that determines it's value, if you will.  A calorie.  Energy either expended or stored.  Not the nutritional value of an item, just how many calories it provides.  There is a distinction.

You don't have to wear a lab coat to be able to know that if you take in more than you use, you're going to get fat..er.  Hand me the phone. ;)

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2018, 08:02:11 AM »
Were they eating this often in the 80s?  Did it start during the Dorian era?

Jay Cutler.   

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2018, 08:07:47 AM »
Genetics trumps all....

</thread>

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2018, 08:12:52 AM »

http://physicalculturist.ca/old-time-strongman-diets/

Good reading.

So from that link I gather all the meat eaters are fat ass powerlifters and the fruits/nuts people are lean and muscular?

That's what I'm seeing there

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2018, 08:19:22 AM »
So from that link I gather all the meat eaters are fat ass powerlifters and the fruits/nuts people are lean and muscular?

That's what I'm seeing there

What you are seeing there (with regard to Sandow and other early strongmen) is men that trained without drugs, bench/squat/deadlift suits or any other such nonsense.  Their diets were their own.  Tailored to their wants and needs and for the greater part, honest in their words regarding their regimen and way of life.  Contrast them with a slob like Coleman.  He's as honest as Maxine Waters but at least twice as smart.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »

Couldn't agree more. A lot of folk refuse to hear what their bodies are trying to tell them....sad.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 11:23:34 AM »
Genetics trumps all....

</thread>

Is this actually just an excuse???

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »
Genetics trumps all....

by far... the genetically challenged might as well eat a bullet

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »
Give this a shot, just intermittent fast all day and have this as your 1 meal, see how it goes for a month and report back.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »
One long IV drip to hit your true potential.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »
There were guys that were using more frequent feedings, up to 6+ a day, going all the way back to 1800's. The big difference was that it wasn't pushed as the right thing to do, it was just another way to eat. The big push to make it seem like you must eat 5 or 6x came with the supplement companies, particularly in the early 90's when easy mixing protein powders and MRP packets came into being.

Oh, and 1 gram of protein per body weight as well. This was pushed in the mags as gospel.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 04:41:52 PM »
It tied into their insulin shots.